churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You’re welcome :cool:

Bite me. I will be dreaming about that car dang you anyway.

A buddy bought a 1970 S/S Monte Carlo in..........1970. Tawny Gold. Tan interior. Rally wheels. Big pipe duals.
    454 4 speed. It was a 390 HP piece but man it would roll out.
    He stepped it up here and there as money allowed. Headers, manifold, carb. Then a mild cam. Left the heads on it. Left the Hi-way song gear in it. Woopie that thing was a hoot.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Funny/scary moment today at the shop. Moving cars around prepping for the next wave of projects. My boss said he wanted to take the Roadrunner around the lot since he hadn’t driven it in awhile. I told him to go find the owner of the dealerships’ son, 20 years old, good kid, and scare the **** outta him on a ride. He’s spent his whole life around high end Porsche’s and Audi’s, driven hellcats, but has never been in an old muscle car. So he found him, he was super excited. I watched from the back on the lot as they pulled out onto the main road, boss puts the pedal on the mat, I could hear the tires breaking loose from about 1/4 mile away till they disappeared behind a building, I could still hear the car. Then something happened, I heard the tone of the engine change, revved up and then shut off, sounded like it was cutting out.

The friggin throttle stuck open! Even with triple springs and a stop on it, it pushed right past it. Bounced off the 6500 rpm rev limiter. Good thing the man that was driving has plenty of experience, he dropped it in neutral and shut the key off instantly without even thinking about it. We’ve never had that car at full throttle before. We’ll be fixing that!

So when people ask why spend that little bit of extra money on good parts? There you go. Btw, he got the old dream wheel out and calculated out the speed since he didn’t look down, if the tires had hooked up, woulda been doing 127 in about an 1/8th mile stretch.

Best part about all this? Nobody was hurt and the kid was scared ****less, but still came back and wanted to go again! He’s hooked now!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny/scary moment today at the shop. Moving cars around prepping for the next wave of projects. My boss said he wanted to take the Roadrunner around the lot since he hadn’t driven it in awhile. I told him to go find the owner of the dealerships’ son, 20 years old, good kid, and scare the **** outta him on a ride. He’s spent his whole life around high end Porsche’s and Audi’s, driven hellcats, but has never been in an old muscle car. So he found him, he was super excited. I watched from the back on the lot as they pulled out onto the main road, boss puts the pedal on the mat, I could hear the tires breaking loose from about 1/4 mile away till they disappeared behind a building, I could still hear the car. Then something happened, I heard the tone of the engine change, revved up and then shut off, sounded like it was cutting out.

The friggin throttle stuck open! Even with triple springs and a stop on it, it pushed right past it. Bounced off the 6500 rpm rev limiter. Good thing the man that was driving has plenty of experience, he dropped it in neutral and shut the key off instantly without even thinking about it. We’ve never had that car at full throttle before. We’ll be fixing that!

So when people ask why spend that little bit of extra money on good parts? There you go. Btw, he got the old dream wheel out and calculated out the speed since he didn’t look down, if the tires had hooked up, woulda been doing 127 in about an 1/8th mile stretch.

Best part about all this? Nobody was hurt and the kid was scared ****less, but still came back and wanted to go again! He’s hooked now!

OK........what about the boy. Scared, excited, ?????

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If the shop is getting too full I will be more than happy to "store" the Roadrunner at my place. I have plenty of room in my shop. Just trying to be neighborly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stupid excited! We were talking about starting up a dealer racing team. Find him a little light Mopar since it’s a Chrysler dealer, do the whole cage bit and stick a nice HEMI in it. :cool:

I care not what new show room hot rod you have rolled out in. Once you experience a true 3 peddle BB muscle car you will be forever changed.
    Heck even a screaming 340 HP 327 wound up tight in all 4.
    Yes a Boss 302 will get your nickers wet.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If the shop is getting too full I will be more than happy to "store" the Roadrunner at my place. I have plenty of room in my shop. Just trying to be neighborly.
    Haha. We’ve had several offers for that kind of hospitality. Hoping the owner can come up with the money soon, otherwise we will be looking for an owner...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I care not what new show room hot rod you have rolled out in. Once you experience a true 3 peddle BB muscle car you will be forever changed.
    Heck even a screaming 340 HP 327 wound up tight in all 4.
    Yes a Boss 302 will get your nickers wet.
    You don’t have to tell me! I appreciate the newer cars, but they ain’t for me. Big block, small block. Stick or auto. I’m not prejudiced. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You don’t have to tell me! I appreciate the newer cars, but they ain’t for me. Big block, small block. Stick or auto. I’m not prejudiced. :):

I knew you would understand.
    The insane moan of a WOT Holley or even a Quadrajet is the sound of the wild and not to be matched by the new breed. They have their own song but not like old school.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My good buddy Bobby E just rolled through in the street freak. 78 Malibu. Straight Axle. Tunnel rammed small block chevy. 3 peddles. Crap ass patina paint. 11:46 best at 115. Street driven. I should have taken some pics but the terrorists had my phone up in the fort. He had the dumps open. I love it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom