Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Making a point.

The spouse tried that with me a few times. It did not go all that well.
    I was racing when she met me. Nuff said.

Like the rest of you my ex knew of my hobby and love of all things automotive; I was messing with the car one day and when I came in for the evening she said she was considering giving me an ultimatum and make me choose between her and racing. She asked me what I though of that and my response was essentially "no problem, have you seen the racing schedule for the rest of the season?" Needless to say she wasn't pleased but unfortunately she didn't follow thru on the ultimatum so I was stuck with her for another 11 years!:n00b:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Just watched the latest Engine Masters. Pretty cool. Dyno’d an engine with no accessories and an electric water pump and then added a mechanical water, a restrictor in place of a t-stat, and a 150-amp alternator with a load on it and it only dropped a total of 11hp.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Like the rest of you my ex knew of my hobby and love of all things automotive; I was messing with the car one day and when I came in for the evening she said she was considering giving me an ultimatum and make me choose between her and racing. She asked me what I though of that and my response was essentially "no problem, have you seen the racing schedule for the rest of the season?" Needless to say she wasn't pleased but unfortunately she didn't follow thru on the ultimatum so I was stuck with her for another 11 years!:n00b:[/QUOTE
    Seen a lot of relationships go south because of a racecar and the time/ money thats involved

I'm just glad my wife gets it and accepts it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like the rest of you my ex knew of my hobby and love of all things automotive; I was messing with the car one day and when I came in for the evening she said she was considering giving me an ultimatum and make me choose between her and racing. She asked me what I though of that and my response was essentially "no problem, have you seen the racing schedule for the rest of the season?" Needless to say she wasn't pleased but unfortunately she didn't follow thru on the ultimatum so I was stuck with her for another 11 years!:n00b:

My 2nd "X" and a few I was dating along lifes path were shown the door when ultimatums were put on the table. No kids involved.
    The "Me or the GD car/garage thing never fly's very far.

My lovely spouse has been ultra supportive of my passions mechanical. I have returned this support as she desires. Partners. Most of the time anyway...:):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Why buy, when you can make it?

260afk8.jpg

2dtosc8.jpg

112dc2s.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rusty - the hard fuel lines look amazing, especially with the old school classic look of the engine.

Btw how do you like that flaring tool? Is it worth the amount of cabbage it costs?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty - the hard fuel lines look amazing, especially with the old school classic look of the engine.

Btw how do you like that flaring tool? Is it worth the amount of cabbage it costs?
    Thank ya, sir! I love the flare tool, it’s a shop piece and for the life of me I cannot remember the brand right now. We’ve got a couple in use, work really really well. Makes life super easy. If you need to make a really tight bend at the end, it can be a little tricky and you may still have to break out the old manual deal. I’d highly recommend it though. Two step process only takes a few seconds and your flare is done. Now my mentor also has a flare lapping kit from Koul Tools, usually use that on the harder stainless lines to help seal them up.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wow that looks great. I was looking for something like this already made for the Bee, but nothing was available. I wish had I the talent alot of you have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom