V12 LS Engines - V12 LS EnginesV12 LS Engines

v12crateengine3-1024x1024.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Yeah I’ve seen that before. It’s an interesting concept. Most engines in the 10-12 cylinder club are small displacement high-revving machines. Whereas that’s a 500+ inch monster. It’s probably priced correct for all the work that’s in it but you’re paying for the unique factor, not the horsepower. A boosted big block or LS would cost significantly less and make more power.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So has anybody done a successful sealed beam to more modern lighting upgrade on their classic car? Successful means relatively easy installation, minimal surgery, reliable, fits well and has excellent lighting characteristics. The Galaxie is almost put back together and I'd like to be able to drive it without having to get it home before dark because of old school technology.

And when I say "almost put back together" when I bought it it wasn't running and had most of the front end and interior removed. Although I haven't expended any energy on the interior yet I elt the best way to start this project is take the multiple boxes of parts and reassemble the car to find out what I had and what needed to be replaced. Now that it's essentially in one piece I'll rebuild the front end, install the wilwood brakes and hydroboost and then go from there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So has anybody done a successful sealed beam to more modern lighting upgrade on their classic car? Successful means relatively easy installation, minimal surgery, reliable, fits well and has excellent lighting characteristics. The Galaxie is almost put back together and I'd like to be able to drive it without having to get it home before dark because of old school technology.

And when I say "almost put back together" when I bought it it wasn't running and had most of the front end and interior removed. Although I haven't expended any energy on the interior yet I elt the best way to start this project is take the multiple boxes of parts and reassemble the car to find out what I had and what needed to be replaced. Now that it's essentially in one piece I'll rebuild the front end, install the wilwood brakes and hydroboost and then go from there.

I found some decent Halogen headlamps for the Chevell and the Biscayne. They worked a lot better than the standard seal beams. Where to get them now I have no idea but I was happy with them.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Lots of parts are flowing inbound.
    Good to hear! I got the heads on the monster 350 poncho tore apart, cleaned the valves, blasted the heads, clean up tomorrow and start the lapping process, dress the springs and throw them together. Exhaust valves are pretty eroded, just gonna have to do. It ran before, it’ll run after.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good to hear! I got the heads on the monster 350 poncho tore apart, cleaned the valves, blasted the heads, clean up tomorrow and start the lapping process, dress the springs and throw them together. Exhaust valves are pretty eroded, just gonna have to do. It ran before, it’ll run after.

We used to live and die by lapping. Money was tight and we had to go.

Knurling guides was a deal as well.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt

Today's thing is all about retronfitting projectors into factory housing. Very expensive, but it looks amazing. The cut off are nice so you're not blinding oncoming.

H1 Mini BiXenon projectors - Retro-Solutions Store

I'm running LED head lights in my super duty and I could definitely see the value in having the light projected and cut off. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today's thing is all about retronfitting projectors into factory housing. Very expensive, but it looks amazing. The cut off are nice so you're not blinding oncoming.

H1 Mini BiXenon projectors - Retro-Solutions Store

I'm running LED head lights in my super duty and I could definitely see the value in having the light projected and cut off. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I thought there was a way to do this. Most cool.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We had 2 hours on the DVR. Watched it last night. Kye Kelly is a little *****.
    If you watch the show footage he is moving when the red comes on. The phone camera footage is not showing what really happened.

Yep. Cried when the guy running the tree messed up and screwed Ryan which meant a re-race.

I did see Daddy Dave standing at the line in Arizona. I'd still like to know how the racers are selected. Megaladon hasn't been at the last few races either.

I'm enjoying the show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom