Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been using a local parts house for years. AC Delco stocking distributor and real counter people with real knowledge of what you need. I could walk in and an hour later walk out with every part needed to rebuild about anything GM and pretty much any other marque as well.
    Friday I went in and wanted a set of rods/main bearings for a large journal SB chev. Nothing off the charts just wanting some bearings. Nope. None in stock. So I asked they get me a set. Said they would be in on Monday. I needed to service both my trucks anyway so I went in to get 2 oil changes and 2 gals. of D-6 for the 3500. And the bearings. Left with the fluids but no bearings. WTF people.
    I sat down at the computer and got a set in the mail from Jegs. We have become a non-stocking world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Any thoughts on using self-aligning rockers with guides plates? I would think as long as there’s no interference or binding problems you’d be good to go.

The RPM range of your package will not require much beyond a good set of rockers the work with the 3/8ths studs.
    We regularly turned stock pieces well past 6K with the only issues being they were short lived.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom