• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been doing a little more on the Galaxie the last few weeks; primarily working on the fuel tank and sender as the car would run out of gas yet still have 10 gallons in it. Not knowing what the fuel tank originally came out of and the fact that I installed a new stock pickup with no effect on the extra 10 gallons I located one by sight that seemed to work. I can now get all but 1 or 2 gallons out of it before the pick up is dry so that's a major improvement.

I took it down to the gas station fill it up, about a 10 mile round trip, and when I got home noticed that the tailpipes were sooty black. I know the carb's been backfired thru so opened it up to check the power valve and see what size main jets it had in it. The PV was o.k. but it had 84 main jets in it so pulled those out and put in some 64's. IIRC they originally came out with 68's but could be wrong. Other than aluminum intake, electronic ignition and dual exhaust this is a bone stock 390 so shouldn't be too far off. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and see how it feels.

The thing is still scary to drive with the alignment so far off and still sporting the original drum/drum no power brakes but the hydroboost installation is moving along smoothly and once that's dialed in I'll put the Wilwoods on it that are relaxing in the trunk right now.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anybody else notice the lack of Big Chief and Murder Nova at the last 3 No Prep Kings tv shows?

They only hit a few no prep races a year. They don't like the way that drivera are given the opportunity to call out a driver before the first round. It allows slower cars to improve thier odds by calling out another slow car. Or they can call out someone who's car is already broke to give themselves a bye. They have complained about it before at other races

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I remember them talking about ducks calling out ducks. But there is 8 chances at $40,000. I'd put up with it.

I know their podcast was completely removed from all the main sources.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom