• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I feel you. Have you ever just hung the mufflers off the headers and drove the car until such time funds were available for a real set of pipes. Holy mother that is loud.

Back in the day a buddy and I drove from Key West to Hollywood (FL) to hang out for the weekend. We took my 66 Mustang that we had literally just finished the 6 to v8 conversion on. It had Blackjack headers (which in my opinion are some of the best fitting headers ever, at least the old Blackjack) and a set of cherry bomb header mufflers for the exhaust, nothing else. Gave a whole new meaning to the term "buzzed" by the time we got to Hollywood and home on the return trip!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Back in the day a buddy and I drove from Key West to Hollywood (FL) to hang out for the weekend. We took my 66 Mustang that we had literally just finished the 6 to v8 conversion on. It had Blackjack headers (which in my opinion are some of the best fitting headers ever, at least the old Blackjack) and a set of cherry bomb header mufflers for the exhaust, nothing else. Gave a whole new meaning to the term "buzzed" by the time we got to Hollywood and home on the return trip!

Cigarette filters (un-smoked :)) are a great sound deadener but the harmonics generated will mush you brain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I forgot what a turd that movie was and other than the blond chick in the desert it's best forgotten.

I was working evenings part time at the Laff. road drive in theater and that played 2 times a night for 14 straight days. As I was the field manager I was outside all night......with the movies. I know every word and every scene. To this day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    So the guy who i hired to put my engine in my car did a killer job. He is a clean worker and seems to be a straight shooter. I told him id be glad to have him come back and work on whatever i cant figure out and he told me hed be happy to make a list of what is needed and what he would need in compensation in order to get the car running.

I dont think ill go that route because i dont really want it all done for me. But it seems like a good resource. Im anxious to see his list.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So the guy who i hired to put my engine in my car did a killer job. He is a clean worker and seems to be a straight shooter. I told him id be glad to have him come back and work on whatever i cant figure out and he told me hed be happy to make a list of what is needed and what he would need in compensation in order to get the car running.

I dont think ill go that route because i dont really want it all done for me. But it seems like a good resource. Im anxious to see his list.

Even I have to ask questions and do some research. New things come up. Something I have not seen. Use the resource if you can.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Even I have to ask questions and do some research. New things come up. Something I have not seen. Use the resource if you can.

Solid advice. I did the things I could do on my car and jobbed out the rest. Asked a lot of questions and learned a great deal through the process, but if I do it again there will be things I'll pay others to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Solid advice. I did the things I could do on my car and jobbed out the rest. Asked a lot of questions and learned a great deal through the process, but if I do it again there will be things I'll pay others to do.

I will no longer hang quarters or replace floors. Screw that noise. I will hang a dog house. Line it up and set the doors. Drive line's are my specialty though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom