f562e1.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think originally they were supposed to be 64cc. They have never been touched, 39,000 mile 1970 Boss 302. Bad part is, both the heads and the block need decked... Very interesting engine, it’s built like a big block Chevy.

Well.....yeah they wanted it to be fast.
    The ports on those Boss heads are the :poop:

I twinged when I saw 62cc on my heads.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think originally they were supposed to be 64cc. They have never been touched, 39,000 mile 1970 Boss 302. Bad part is, both the heads and the block need decked... Very interesting engine, it’s built like a big block Chevy.

Many many moons ago MrGasket made an extra thick gasket for the boss302. Also, there are open chamber heads available. Its just a 351C head

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "ANY" Cleveland offering sported monster ports. Almost to big to street. Well, only to big for sissy's and girly boys.

Even though the Cleveland was only manufactured here for like 4 yrs, the open chamber 2v heads were used on 351m & 400s through like 79. Also Ford manufactured the 351C in Australia throught the late 80s. They had both 2v and 4v heads in open chamber and quenched chamber designs and available in cast iron or aluminum. Edelbrock makes some nice aluminum 351C heads now too. At PRI this last weekend I saw a booth that now offers a 351C aluminum block with splayed 4 bolt mains. Now I kinda wish I had an excuse to build an all aluminum version using an old 'cup billet stroker crank and 6" small journal chevy rods and put it in a sleeper maverick. Now that would be fun

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Even though the Cleveland was only manufactured here for like 4 yrs, the open chamber 2v heads were used on 351m & 400s through like 79. Also Ford manufactured the 351C in Australia throught the late 80s. They had both 2v and 4v heads in open chamber and quenched chamber designs and available in cast iron or aluminum. Edelbrock makes some nice aluminum 351C heads now too. At PRI this last weekend I saw a booth that now offers a 351C aluminum block with splayed 4 bolt mains. Now I kinda wish I had an excuse to build an all aluminum version using an old 'cup billet stroker crank and 6" small journal chevy rods and put it in a sleeper [STRIKE]maverick[/STRIKE] Fairmont. Now that would be fun

FIFY.

I love me some sleeply fox shoebox.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You know how to put vinyl tops on?

That is a lost art!
    Only one body shop in our area has an old dude like CM that can work on the old cars.
    Perfect color for a aged GP only thing better would have been poop brown.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Woo that his months mod money went into daily driver repairs. Time for a timing belt on her Rio and the right front wheel bearing is getting sloppy. Once that new bearing and hub are in the entire front end of that car will be new. In all fairness we bought it cheap and were 3rd owners. It started life as an Avis rental car then the second owners beat it like a rented mule. Great little beater though. 8300 miles on this oil change and it burned a single quart of oil. Can’t be mad at that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom