Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You guys are crazy. Looking forward to seeing ya'll run on "Pinks," lol

You'd really impress me, if you could gin up a street legal naturally aspirated sub 12 sec car.

Even without nitrous, mine will run mid 8s in naturally aspirated form. Now define "street legal" when we built the Tbird back in 04 it was a legit street car (minus insurance & plates) it ran 9.74 naturally aspirated on the very first pass down the track after being built.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Even without nitrous, mine will run mid 8s in naturally aspirated form. Now define "street legal" when we built the Tbird back in 04 it was a legit street car (minus insurance & plates) it ran 9.74 naturally aspirated on the very first pass down the track after being built.

Lord, that's impressive

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You'd really impress me, if you could gin up a street legal naturally aspirated sub 12 sec car.

My Black 65 Biscayne would roll an honest low 12 in street trim. Uncork it and put the track tune in it 11.80's all day long. Cooler days a bit quicker.
    Turn on the Nos and low 11's.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County

Watch Drag week videos on YouTube and you can watch cars running well better than 12's on the street. It's everyone's own opinion on what is street legal, lights, wipers and a horn can all easily be added to a tube chassis racecar and it be driven hundreds of miles on a week long trip

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is my car shortly after I bought it from a family friend that had flown to SC to buy it, drove it home and wrecked it two weeks later. Every piece pf sheetmetal except for the roof and hood were destroyed. He sold me the engine trans and rear axle wrapped in this bent piece of iron and told me to find a new body
    new to me demon.jpg
    Clearly I don't listen so well
    my demon.jpg
    Here is a pure stock version of it.
    stocker 3.jpg

So I ask you.... what is it? I'll be impressed if anyone knows what this is

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is my car shortly after I bought it from a family friend that had flown to SC to buy it, drove it home and wrecked it two weeks later. Every piece pf sheetmetal except for the roof and hood were destroyed. He sold me the engine trans and rear axle wrapped in this bent piece of iron and told me to find a new body
    View attachment 61441
    View attachment 61439
    View attachment 61440

Top pic....staging lanes at Raceway park.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

View attachment 61441
    View attachment 61439
    View attachment 61440

72 dodge demon?

Nice Demon! ;)

Thanks and yeah that's it

Top pic....staging lanes at Raceway park.

Sure is, circa 1994 or 1995

I bet this crowd could even tell you what tire pressure and what octane gas you are running that day

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sure is, circa 1994 or 1995

If I was there it was on this...
    OXF7ZxV.jpg

KIeedBB.jpg

xLY9ATG.jpg

pd1fTyh.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I stop at one of my go to LGS yesterday for the standard abuse.
    When I walk back to my truck I see a puddle of fluid even with the drivers seat.
    Stoop down, frame is wet, fluid is brake fluid. There is a bundle of lines that are rusted to hell. :(
    Pop hood, master is near empty. Off to the house. Crawl under and the anti-lock body is inside the frame tucked in tight. No way in hell I am getting into it. Call my guys at Marwood tire. Drop it off this A.M. and find every freaking line on the truck is rusted out. :poop:

So AC Delco makes a factory replacement line kit. All pre-bent bolt on lines for an 04 GMC. Who does that. Find out it is all to common on them.
    It is sitting on stands with the cab and the bed lifted off so they can get to the anti-locks and run the new lines. Should be done late today 1st thing tomorrow.
    I will be $900 lighter in the Wallet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom