• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    So when the local hardware store gets low on hammers and his new shipment hasn't arrived yet he should double the price on the last 2 hammers he has in stock!

After all it ALL about SUPPLY and demand.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So when the local hardware store gets low on hammers and his new shipment hasn't arrived yet he should double the price on the last 2 hammers he has in stock!

After all it ALL about SUPPLY and demand.

When is the next shipment of M855 coming in?

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Strolled into Evansville Gander Mountain this afternoon. As reported, plenty of M855 left at the usual Gander Mountain prices. I noticed dents had been made in the various piles, so it was moving.

From there, drove over to Academy Sports. Found some M855 but plenty of Federal 193 and Monarch .223 on the shelf, along with other brands, Winchester, etc....

Checking the ammo sites online showed a premium for M855 but only a slight bump in price for other types of .223/5.56 with plenty in stock, depending on the site. The rock bottom priced stuff seems to be all gone.

So far, the panic isn't all that bad.

Last edited:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I almost bought an AR about 6 months ago. I don't have a single round of .223 and was dreading stocking up on another round (I have an FAL and pretty good stockpile of .308 for my MBR). I am really glad I didn't go that route now.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I can understand buying up M855, but I still don't get why people are making a run on m193 and other loadings. It's not going away people. They aren't going to ban it. You don't need to panic buy it. The BATFE aren't even remotely looking at lead core ammo. When they banned steel core 7.62x39, lead core was fine. When they banned steel core 5.45x39, lead core was fine. Quit freaking out over every little thing.

It's amazing how people with so little reasoning ability have so much money to spend.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Oh it's fun watching supposed capitalists lose their ever loving minds.

Yeah, it sure makes it easy enough to see whose stocked up and whose not, just by the price-gouging vitriol.

And, the panic buying is pure human nature. The same thing that leads otherwise normal people to rush to the grocery to clear out the shelves and cases at the mere suggestion of a winter storm. Human nature is an unstoppable force.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Yeah, it sure makes it easy enough to see whose stocked up and whose not, just by the price-gouging vitriol.

I am totally against this price-gouging, no matter whether you claim it's just economics or not.

All this as I count up my last inventory of .22 long rifle, somewhere between 30 and 40 thousand rounds.

None of purchased as a panic buying trip. Bought while on sale years ago when the prices were in the 8 dollar a brick range.

Long before we even heard of Zero for our so called leader.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I don't know. As a consumer I dislike paying more, but it does serve as an upside. Think, if the price stays low, one guy with a good wad of cash is able to buy the whole stock out easily. Higher prices leave more on the shelf. While paying more sucks, it's better than not being able to buy any at all. I'd rather pay more for ammo that's there than sit around wishing the cheap stuff was in stock.

Jdubbs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Dearborn County
    Ive had the luck of finding 22s lately. Bass pro and gander mountain. Both while going for fishing stuff and not on the search. As far as m855/ss109 its not even banned yet. And neither are the so called solvent catchers. Dont butcher me on this next part. If a short barreled ar is going to be considered a pistol, simply make it illegal to run them in a pistol. Which i believe is already the "law." This allows us to still have our ammo and gives the atf their happiness of not having ap ammo in a handgun. This should also reverse the law for other cals such as 9mm to where we can have 9mm ap ammo but only legal to use in a rifle/carbine. And to throw the solvent catchers in their as well, they are legal to the point to where they are attached to a firearm. The atf is not banning the thread size adapters for them, its just common sense not to make nfa products. If they want to make people happy and make a rule/ban, just make a law that makes the ammo legal and add a description in there that specifically states not to be used in an ar type pistol.

Jdubbs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Dearborn County
    And why i talked about 22s in my post is that I believe the m855 crisis has diverted people from buying the 22s in search of m855s. If thats true, its been nice.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom