• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So...let's just say that Madonna IS a devil-worshiper and intentionally put all this Satanic stuff in her halftime show. So what? It doesn't mean it's real, it doesn't mean she's converting anybody, it doesn't mean anything. It means no more than Tebow's shows of religion on the field, it's just his opinion. If she wanted to have a show where she had puppies and kittens running around everywhere it would have made about as much difference as this one. Do people try to point out all this conspiracy stuff so they can feel smarter than everyone else? Like they saw what nobody else saw?

It's called normallization or desensitization. Doesn't it speak volumes that one of many football players that expresses his faith in God, for what ever reason, is noticed for praying and it becomes an all consuming "controversy" in the MSM? Whereas, there is an "artist" that flips the bird (I missed that in real time, BTW) and she thinks it's perfectly normal--And though I'm not familiar with her "work", I've got to think everybody else involved with the production did and by including her in the act, condoned it.

I'll have to admit that when I first saw the act unfold, I did not see all the hidden stuff everybody's point out after the fact...but I think I'm usually naive or reluctant to see abnormal behavior (normalcy bias, if you will) or maybe I'm desensitized to the crap spewing from today's entertainment industry. I think it's the latter....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It's called normallization or desensitization. Doesn't it speak volumes that one of many football players that expresses his faith in God, for what ever reason, is noticed for praying and it becomes an all consuming "controversy" in the MSM? Whereas, there is an "artist" that flips the bird (I missed that in real time, BTW) and she thinks it's perfectly normal--And though I'm not familiar with her "work", I've got to think everybody else involved with the production did and by including her in the act, condoned it.

I'll have to admit that when I first saw the act unfold, I did not see all the hidden stuff everybody's point out after the fact...but I think I'm usually naive or reluctant to see abnormal behavior (normalcy bias, if you will) or maybe I'm desensitized to the crap spewing from today's entertainment industry. I think it's the latter....

I don't see the Tebow thing as a "controversy." It's getting attention because of the high profile he's gaining after a few comeback wins, but I wouldn't say it's anything controversial. It's actually all positive attention from what I've seen of it. His "brand" is the wholesome, hometown guy. The fact that he's so open and "in-your-face" about it (not in a bad way necessarily) is what is gaining the attention. There aren't any other athletes out there who have made a name for themselves for being the wholesome Christian guy like Tebow has, it's become his identity as much as being a pro football player. The point I'm making is nobody is putting on tin foil hats because of it. If Madonna worships the devil then that's her choice, just like it's your choice to practice whatever religion or belief system you'd like. We may all think she's an idiot because of it, but I don't see why there should be a conspiracy theory about it. She's not taking over the world or anything, she's just a person with different beliefs...allegedly. I'm not sure what the lady flipping the bird has to do with this. People are making a big deal out of it, just like when Steven A. Smith did it on ESPN the other day. It definitely hasn't been seen as acceptable, except maybe by the woman who did it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't see the Tebow thing as a "controversy." It's getting attention because of the high profile he's gaining after a few comeback wins, but I wouldn't say it's anything controversial. It's actually all positive attention from what I've seen of it. The point I'm making is nobody is putting on tin foil hats because of it. If Madonna worships the devil then that's her choice, just like it's your choice to practice whatever religion or belief system you'd like. We may all think she's an idiot because of it, but I don't see why there should be a conspiracy theory about it. She's not taking over the world or anything, she's just a person with different beliefs...allegedly. I'm not sure what the lady flipping the bird has to do with this. People are making a big deal out of it, just like when Steven A. Smith did it on ESPN the other day. It definitely hasn't been seen as acceptable, except maybe by the woman who did it.

You're right. I don't care either, but when they put it on my TV and invite and even ecourage me to watch, then I care.

Lots of people complain about the state of today's society; how rough or coarse it is; how kids are growing up so quickly--and I mean pshycologically...well is it not possible, at least a little, that what we are exposed to in our culture is influencing that?

Yeah, we can turn the channel, we can teach our kids, but once the bell's been rung, it's too late. We are reaping what we've been sowing, in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    So...let's just say that Madonna IS a devil-worshiper and intentionally put all this Satanic stuff in her halftime show. So what? It doesn't mean it's real, it doesn't mean she's converting anybody, it doesn't mean anything. It means no more than Tebow's shows of religion on the field, it's just his opinion. If she wanted to have a show where she had puppies and kittens running around everywhere it would have made about as much difference as this one. Do people try to point out all this conspiracy stuff so they can feel smarter than everyone else? Like they saw what nobody else saw?

I agree with you. Putting this stuff on TV doesn't make it true, nor does it make it false.

I do find it interesting though that Tebow's faith demonstration turned into a media event and Madonna's faith demonstration (if indeed it is such) warrants no response at all...could it be that we are desensitized to these types of things or told "nothing to see here folks, just go on home."

The fact that those symbolic elements were there at all reveals that they are important to someone. Why aren't there "puppies and kittens" in these kinds of shows any more? Why is the vile and the debased now considered "normal?"

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I agree with you. Putting this stuff on TV doesn't make it true, nor does it make it false.

I do find it interesting though that Tebow's faith demonstration turned into a media event and Madonna's faith demonstration (if indeed it is such) warrants no response at all...could it be that we are desensitized to these types of things or told "nothing to see here folks, just go on home."

The fact that those symbolic elements were there at all reveals that they are important to someone. Why aren't there "puppies and kittens" in these kinds of shows any more? Why is the vile and the debased now considered "normal?"

Well, Tebow's demonstration is much more obvious. Had these symbols in Madonna's performance not been pointed out to me I wouldn't have noticed them at all. That could just be my naivete, but I would guess that there are plenty more out there like me who wouldn't have noticed the symbolism. On the other hand, everybody is familiar with Christian symbolism like the Jesus fish, kneeling to pray, pointing up at Heaven to thank God, etc. As far as why things are so dark and vile these days, I'm not quite sure about the reasoning for that. I would guess it's because it sells better than puppies and kittens. People like the theatrical, mystical aspect of that kind of stuff.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This whole discussion brings to mind,

"Scrottie McBuggerballs"

If you know of which I speak, you are now LYAO.

If you don't get the reference all I can say is,

South Park

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ok lets just say that Madonna was portraying a satanic ritual during the halftime show. Also assume my son is not 5 month sold, but 10 years old.

I would like to think that I have raised him in such a manner that he would be smart enough to think for himself and not let something he reads or watches on tv be enough to warp his views.
    Then you would have done your job well.

Hopefully Madonna's black mass ritual does not appear normal to people of any age.

When you look for the boogeyman everywhere, sooner or later you'll find him in everything.
    What if he is everywhere?

So...let's just say that Madonna IS a devil-worshiper and intentionally put all this Satanic stuff in her halftime show. So what?
    I would want to know the truth behind the elaborate ritual that NBC scheduled during the biggest TV event of the year.

It doesn't mean it's real, it doesn't mean she's converting anybody, it doesn't mean anything.
    I guess it means different things to different people. The symbols surely mean something to the people who meticulously added them to the show. Everything on that stage was carefully designed and planned.

Do people try to point out all this conspiracy stuff so they can feel smarter than everyone else? Like they saw what nobody else saw?
    Maybe some people, but not me. I am really this nutty.

If Madonna worships the devil then that's her choice, just like it's your choice to practice whatever religion or belief system you'd like.
    I agree, her choice. And what she puts on stage will be something that is fair game for discussion. Not to mention that millions of dollars were invested in this show, held in a tax-subsidized stadium and broadcast on public airwaves.

We may all think she's an idiot because of it, but I don't see why there should be a conspiracy theory about it.
    Its a conspiracy because she masquerades as one thing, but then conveys the exact opposite in her shows. The deceptive paradox and the coordinated and repeated nature of the symbolism leads me to believe it is a conspiracy. If she was a forthright Satanist then this conversation would have a different twist.

She's not taking over the world or anything, she's just a person with different beliefs
    No, no, no. Madonna is not taking over the world. Her friends are. She's just a pawn used to rub their cult beliefs in people's faces.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Next year they booked Satan for the half-time show
    tumblr_lia3myQlZa1qc2hf3o1_400.jpg

There's a half time show I might actually watch.

Top Bottom