• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I can't believe this. I am an NFA owner, I have God only knows how many handguns, rifles and shotguns in my collection. I've been buying a new gun about every 2 weeks for the last couple of months (been on a rare kick) and I've never been delayed on a handgun before.

Two weeks ago I was buying a HK P30 and they transfered my NICS approval to a manager or something. The guys at the shop said they've never heard of that before and asked if that's ever happened (which they should know since they've sold me 100 handguns or so). I said no...

Then today I went in to buy some large pistol primers and saw a new Springfield LW .45 ACP 1911 Operator that I couldn't live without so I bought it. I got delayed.

WTF? Oh crap, I'm a risk. I guess I better not go home and get my M16 out of the safe and do something unlawful.

Frickin idiots.

I've only been buying handguns, rifles and machineguns non-stop for the... oh, last 20 years or so.

Laugh.

I swear.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    They got their eye on you!;)
    They're about 8 years late on the NFA thing and about 20 years late on the handgun thing. :)

I guess they can never be too careful. I suppose next I'll have an alphabet agency knocking at my door asking where the arsenal is. :)

Thank God they're not too busy chasing criminals and terrorists to stop and harass the lawful gun owners every once in a while.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    No, when you get delayed they have 3 business days to either deny you or ignore you. If they ignore you, you go in and pick your gun up 3 days later. But if they call the shop back before then and deny you, then you have to go through some appeal process. I don't know much about it, I've never been delayed before.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was delayed last year. They ignored it and I picked it up a few days later. I've had 2 checks since and both were approved.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    they transfered my NICS approval to a manager

That happened to me once when I bought two handguns in the same week. Nothing came of it and I did not get delayed but the shop asked me if I knew why. I told them no.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That happened to me once when I bought two handguns in the same week.
    I think my record was 10 in one month, never got delayed or denied. All the checks went through the same shop, as guns I ordered came in the shop owner called me and I'd go pick them up, sometimes one or two a day, sometimes nothing for 3 or 4 days, then something else would show up. Never been a problem.

How does your name get flagged for delay?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Savage Eagle had a thread on here recently about his ordeal with appealing a denial. It doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but from reading it, it didn't sound like you needed to take out stock in KY jelly or anything, just a major hassle to have to deal with.

Hope you don't have to find out the hard way.

Blessings,
    B

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Of course, if you get denied and they come to your door as part of the appeals process, they'll confiscate all of your current firearms. I believe that was one point SavageEagle stressed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just realized why you got delayed, full-auto... Someone found out your wife just had a baby, so they delayed you for the most important (non-)reason of all....

For the children!:baby::rolleyes:

Sorry. Hadda be said.

Blessings,
    B

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I'm concerned that I'll be delayed or denied on my next gun purchase due to this citation to court - even though it's totally bogus and I should be receiving papers sometime this week saying so. (I've got a thread on this, so I won't expound here.)

Regardless of whether or not I become a blip on their radar, I think I'll do more FTF buys and leave the government out of it altogether. It's a privacy issue that's always bugged me.

Josh <><

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The gun shop just called me this morning. I freaked out when I saw the number, I was thinking "oh no, they're going to deny me".

All clear. I can go pick up my new Operator.

Strange.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I present to you the gun that the gumbermint didn't want me to have.

DSC02574.jpg

:D

Top Bottom