• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Death is a rare possibility, for those with compromised immune systems, like from HIV, COVID or other infections. Mostly it’s puss filled sores in various places on the body that scab over.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    This seems to be a very interesting sociology result showing how promiscuous certain populations are.
    I know that I am silly and naive, but I cannot relate to someone who describes their weekend activities as, "having sex with several men" so nonchalantly.

I wonder if the social studies of the underground community in the late 70s that brought gay rights out of the closet might have been received a little differently by society at-large if the stories of HIV/AIDS would have been portrayed in the context of this guy's lifestyle instead of the compassionate appeal featuring the withering corpse-like bodies of dying gay men.

Is it evidence of media manipulation going back over 40 years? Nobody asked and few really wanted to know the details of what brought about the images of death we were being shown. We just felt bad for the sick and dying. Would we have been as sympathetic if media had portrayed their lifestyles and experiences as being similar to this guy's?

I remember the AIDS quilt. I also remember Ryan White. Could anyone have imagined it would lead to TV commercials for HIV suppressing drugs with drag-queens, trans genders and a spokesperson saying, "for your one love...or your many loves"?

Perhaps I have grown jaded in this darkening world. Anymore I just want to say, "You cooked it, you eat it." Interesting sociology result indeed.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I know that I am silly and naive, but I cannot relate to someone who describes their weekend activities as, "having sex with several men" so nonchalantly.

Would you have the same thoughts about a man "having sex with several women" over a weekend? I've known only a couple of man whores who probably did rack up similar numbers and accounts of their weeks with women.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Would you have the same thoughts about a man "having sex with several women" over a weekend? I've known only a couple of man whores who probably did rack up similar numbers and accounts of their weeks with women.
    Yes, I would. I'm weird like that. Also, I've never even come close to living that kind of lifestyle nor would I consider it.

Also, similarly, if someone were to confide in me that they had multiple partners of the opposite sex in one weekend and they ended up with an STD I would not feel bad for them either.

Assuming your implication, question for you; Should homosexuals not be expected to have monogamous relationships?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yes, I would. I'm weird like that. Also, I've never even come close to living that kind of lifestyle nor would I consider it.

Also, similarly, if someone were to confide in me that they had multiple partners of the opposite sex in one weekend and they ended up with an STD I would not feel bad for them either.

Assuming your implication, question for you; Should homosexuals not be expected to have monogamous relationships?

Does society at large have that expectation for straight people anymore? There's a reason many bars are called "meat markets," and were before I ever started going to bars.

Not that I was chaste before marriage, but I wasn't trying to hookup with as many gals for notches on the headboard either.

I'm not in disagreement that the sexually prolific are sowing the seeds of their own demise.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Many do, even getting married. Not surprisingly, the same people who rail against rampant promiscuity also tend to rail against their attempts at legal, monogamous relationships.

People are responsible for their choices, but I’m all for freedom in relationships. To be honest, I’ve seen some monogamous relationships that looked like more misery than a week with Monkeypox.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Pencil pushers figure out what should have been common sense weeks ago.

The World Health Organization on Wednesday recommended that gay and bisexual men cut back on the number of sexual partners to reduce the spread of monkeypox, after the WHO's monkeypox expert, Rosamund Lewis, noted that men who have sex with men are the group with the highest risk of infection right now

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can we leverage this to enact stronger voter ID laws? We could say it is a medical emergency and because of monkeypox we need to make sure we don't get ****ed

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So, I decided to do a little research, what I found was quite worrying. I might do a bit more to see if my small amount of research can be automated.

I wanted to see what the "gay community" is discussing regarding monkeypox. First I searched for popular gay forums and did searches on them for monkeypox. Only checked three of them, so I cant say if this is representative.

Of those 3, one had NO mention of monkeypox, one had a single post under a thread called "unpopular opinions," and the last only had 4 posts. Not threads, 4 individual posts. No news articles, no warnings, precautions, information about M.P. nada.

All of 4 of those posts mentioned either abstinence for several weeks, or being in a monogamous relationship.

The one that had no mention of it, was listed as the most popular gay forum on a few different lists.

So, two observations:

Those people just don't care about their community or themselves.

INGO has more posts about M.P. than three popular gay websites. (I blame all the Glockbois)

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So, I decided to do a little research, what I found was quite worrying. I might do a bit more to see if my small amount of research can be automated.

I wanted to see what the "gay community" is discussing regarding monkeypox. First I searched for popular gay forums and did searches on them for monkeypox. Only checked three of them, so I cant say if this is representative.

Of those 3, one had NO mention of monkeypox, one had a single post under a thread called "unpopular opinions," and the last only had 4 posts. Not threads, 4 individual posts. No news articles, no warnings, precautions, information about M.P. nada.

All of 4 of those posts mentioned either abstinence for several weeks, or being in a monogamous relationship.

The one that had no mention of it, was listed as the most popular gay forum on a few different lists.

So, two observations:

INGO has more posts about M.P. than three popular gay websites. (I blame all the Glockbois)

This is good to know and thank you for your research.

I don't have much of of problem holding off those *** ******, but I've heard those Glock guys are blisters.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE

So, two observations:

Ya know, I'm not really surprised.

To me, INGO is a (usually) reasonable place with people that have well reasoned discussion points. Personal view-points are pretty freely shared and, for the most part, calmly discussed.

We don't always agree with everybody on everything but it isn't supposed to be that way is it?

Then again, INGO is probably a fairly homogenized selection of mostly conservative viewpoints so maybe it doesn't count.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    The protestations are the funniest thing about all this.

Reminder that this is not a "gay sex" disease, it is a disease of close contact that happened to be first recognized in the MSM population. Sanitize surfaces/gym equipment.

Right, yeah, sanitize gym equipment. And wear your mask!!

Top Bottom