The new Taurus TX22 full size .22 pistol.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Picked one up awhile back bad barrel. Couldn't hit squat with it even key holed. It got gone. I won't Taurus again or believe any youtube.com hype again.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Picked one up awhile back bad barrel. Couldn't hit squat with it even key holed. It got gone. I won't Taurus again or believe any youtube.com hype again.
    I'd say that you got it a long while back. The first ones out all had bad barrels. They fixed that.
    You could have called their customer support and they would have shipped you a new barrel that works for free and within a few days to a week it would have arrived.
    It is American made in Georgia, and not made in Brazil. So the parts are here, and ship out fast.

The hype is real. They run everything from standard velocity to hyper velocity. And like any firearm if you find what it likes very accurate.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I'd say that you got it a long while back. The first ones out all had bad barrels. They fixed that.
    You could have called their customer support and they would have shipped you a new barrel that works for free and within a few days to a week it would have arrived.
    It is American made in Georgia, and not made in Brazil. So the parts are here, and ship out fast.

The hype is real. They run everything from standard velocity to hyper velocity. And like any firearm if you find what it likes very accurate.
    I haven’t heard of any issues with the Gen 2 barrels. The Compact that my daughter shoots had at least 1000 rounds through it and I haven’t seen any issues with it. I am usually pretty slow at adopting anything new, waiting until any issues are worked out.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Have a Gen 2 toro and a competition model. Like usual both are more accurate than me. Lowers are identical. It is just the uppers and mags that have changed. Hard to beat at the range and I feel they are the best performing regardless of price and for sure the best bang for buck in the polymer trainer style 22s

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I'm kinda partial to my 5.5" Buckmark. I am about 2000 rounds into my second copy. The first one just wore out somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 rounds. I just put a cheap picatinny-mounted scope on it. Can't wait to see what it does at 25 yards on a sandbag.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Have a Gen 2 toro and a competition model. Like usual both are more accurate than me. Lowers are identical. It is just the uppers and mags that have changed. Hard to beat at the range and I feel they are the best performing regardless of price and for sure the best bang for buck in the polymer trainer style 22s

Agreed. I'm only about 1200 rounds into my tx22 compact, but completely reliable and a great practice pistol.

Top Bottom