The new Taurus TX22 full size .22 pistol.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

$249 plus eligible for the 3 magazines rebate.

This is the new model with the 22 rnd magazine, but not Optics ready.
    New OR full size at KYgunco $288.99

TAURUS TX22 Gen2 T.O.R.O. 22 LR 4.1" 22rd Optic Ready Pistol + Threaded Barrel | Black​

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    would really like if they made the new one without a safety also though. I'll probably wait for that one if it's coming.
    Not sure. I have a TX-22 Compact OR without the manual safety that I bought new (didn't realize the one I got also had only 10 round mags) at an LGS and last time I looked there wasn't one on the Taurus website like that (no manual safety).

I also have a "full size" from when the came out that has the manual safety.

I may pick up a full size OR, but just would like to put my hands in one first.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not sure. I have a TX-22 Compact OR without the manual safety that I bought new (didn't realize the one I got also had only 10 round mags) at an LGS and last time I looked there wasn't one on the Taurus website like that (no manual safety).

oh, that's interesting. I have the full size without safety. I'll have to look around, maybe they do make one, they just don't have it on their site.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I bought my FS TX22 when they first came out also. IIRC it was under $230 out the door. Best little 22lr pistol I've ever shot or owned.

When the hype is over I'll probably pick one up at the not so new price. Plus I want to hear from others how they work with the slide mounted MRDS on it.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought my FS TX22 when they first came out also. IIRC it was under $230 out the door. Best little 22lr pistol I've ever shot or owned.

When the hype is over I'll probably pick one up at the not so new price. Plus I want to hear from others how they work with the slide mounted MRDS on it.
    My tx-22 compact works great with a holosun 407k mounted.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Pretty sure gonna move my Tx22 and p17 to get one of these and consolidate room in safe. I am starting to see them on more websites hopefully we can pick up at Rural King locally soon

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Magazine sleeve for tue 16rd and 21rd pro mag magazines.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Still have not seen any locally. I know of one person that has ordered and received one.

Has anyone seen one locally

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Still have not seen any locally. I know of one person that has ordered and received one.

Has anyone seen one locally
    I have one of the new TX 22 TORO models. Picked up a holosun 407k green dot at a local shop here in Bloomington who transferred for me. I put 125 rounds through it this weekend and as weird as it sounds the optic was dead on at 7 yards without sighting it in. I had a couple issues with the 16 round mag (did not like federal HV match loading) but the 22 round mag was flawless. I sent in for the three extra mags/rebate already.

Trigger was long but if you ride the reset it was easy to do doubles. I love this thing so far. I ran Aguila, Federal HV match, stingers and Mini Mags.

My son is going to put a dent in my ammo stash…..I ordered mine through KY GUN and it was 7 days from order to receipt…

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I have one of the new TX 22 TORO models. Picked up a holosun 407k green dot at a local shop here in Bloomington who transferred for me. I put 125 rounds through it this weekend and as weird as it sounds the optic was dead on at 7 yards without sighting it in. I had a couple issues with the 16 round mag (did not like federal HV match loading) but the 22 round mag was flawless. I sent in for the three extra mags/rebate already.

Trigger was long but if you ride the reset it was easy to do doubles. I love this thing so far. I ran Aguila, Federal HV match, stingers and Mini Mags.

My son is going to put a dent in my ammo stash…..I ordered mine through KY GUN and it was 7 days from order to receipt…
    Did you get it through usds? That is my favorite shop. It’s a decent drive for me but always worth it. That and I can usually talk the wife into mother bears pizza.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    Recently picked up one of the Gen 2 TORO models. This complements the compact that my daughter loves. I plan to put a Holosun 407k on the gen 2. I’ve only had it to the range once and it blew through 130 rounds without a hiccup. I was shooting CCI mini-mags and standard velocity. I’ll be taking my daughter after school today and put a few more rounds through it.

Top Bottom