• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I cannot imagine a time in our history that the leader of the Untied States would openly support leftist/Marxist regimes. Not even Carter was this bold.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Obama says Honduras coup was "illegal" and Zelaya remains the president.

The leftist president of Honduras was attempting to usurp his country's constitution to allow him to remain in office past the legal term limits. The military had little option but to throw him out of office to prevent the complete shredding of democracy. Aside from Barack Obama, the other leaders in the Americas who condemn this coup are Hugo Chavez and the Castro brothers.

I suppose that Barack Obama needs to support leaders who Share his Marxist philosophies and complete lack of respect for the rule of law.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm surprised Hugo didn't change his mind when he found out the US was against it. Didn't think he'd be caught dead agreeing with US.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My biggest interest in this is the fact that you had a showdown between a popular president, who attempted to illegally change a constitution, who was found to be acting unconstitutionally by a supreme court.

And what happens next?

The military steps in to protect their constitution from "all enemies, domestic and foreign". They did so with the full support of their Supreme Court and Congress and without bloodshed (or major bloodshed).

Now that is a simple read, and I read more into this than maybe is there. But it is of note, and a heartening one at that if you know what I mean.

Not to threadjack.

Oh, and yes, I am also disappointed.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    My biggest interest in this is the fact that you had a showdown between a popular president, who attempted to illegally change a constitution, who was found to be acting unconstitutionally by a supreme court.

And what happens next?

The military steps in to protect their constitution from "all enemies, domestic and foreign". They did so with the full support of their Supreme Court and Congress and without bloodshed (or major bloodshed).

Now that is a simple read, and I read more into this than maybe is there. But it is of note, and a heartening one at that if you know what I mean.

Not to threadjack.

:+1:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think you are spot on...why would Obama support an action he is quite afraid of himself?

And what happens next?

Not to threadjack.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I think you are spot on...why would Obama support an action he is quite afraid of himself?

I doubt that Obama believes that he has to worry about that. I believe that he thinks he is too popular (read "worshipped") to fail. That he has everyone under his thumb already. No one will seriously oppose him - especially his worshippers, he thinks he has them completely fooled. :rolleyes:

I think that he might be refusing to believe that that he is losing his popularity with his "fans". I think it's called: denial.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I doubt that Obama believes that he has to worry about that. I believe that he thinks he is too popular (read "worshipped") to fail. That he has everyone under his thumb already. No one will seriously oppose him - especially his worshippers, he thinks he has them completely fooled. :rolleyes:

I think that he might be refusing to believe that that he is losing his popularity with his "fans". I think it's called: denial.

But if he were to openly support this action...it would be basically be like giving us a green light to do the same, no?
    With the decline in his approval rating, the built up support of the Tea Parties and the general consensus of our military's oath to uphold the constitution, I'm sure that has to be a partial consideration for his support for the Honduras leader.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I was not thinking about Obama at all in my comments.

I was thinking strictly of their Army's move to protect it's Constitution over it's popular President in defense of it's Supreme Court and Congress.

That is of note.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

And what happens next?

Not to threadjack.

I was not thinking about Obama at all in my comments.

I was thinking strictly of their Army's move to protect it's Constitution over it's popular President in defense of it's Supreme Court and Congress.

That is of note.

I thought I knew what you meant, but I guess I was wrong.:dunno:

It is with the similarities present between the US and what just happened in Honduras...We have a popular president that is already violating the constitution. All we need now is a supreme court ruling and we would be closer than ever to the same type of situation. I know it's not likely with our current Democrat majority, but the people will only take so much oppression before they finally stand their ground.
    If you can elaborate on what you were thinking when you said you read more into this than there maybe is...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom