• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I thought I knew what you meant, but I guess I was wrong.:dunno:

It is with the similarities present between the US and what just happened in Honduras...We have a popular president that is already violating the constitution. All we need now is a supreme court ruling and we would be closer than ever to the same type of situation. I know it's not likely with our current Democrat majority, but the people will only take so much oppression before they finally stand their ground.
    If you can elaborate on what you were thinking when you said you read more into this than there maybe is...

I confused you because I am thinking of only 1/2 of the equation and doing it intentionally. I don't care what Obama does or does not see in the situation, I can't know and don't care. What I do see is a historical case where the Army chose to enforce a Constitution and the ruling of a Supreme Court. So often we think of the military as drones, unconcerned about Constitutional law, just waiting for illegal orders to be handed down from whomever. Or we think of a junta (which has happened before in Honduras) where the entire gov't including a constitution is tossed out.

All in all, this is a case of a military acting as a stabilizing force, upholding a Constitution and the courts of law.

Obama can take whatever from that, and he may act in reaction to it. I really don't care.

I am interested in a case where soldiers stood up in defense of their Constitution, courts and law. We often bash about the potential of soldiers and what they might or might not do in XYZ, usually with a bad slant on what we think the soldiers would do. I am guilty of suspicion myself.

But here is a heartening case, full of hope, and possibly even with success. I just wanted to note it and take it for what it is. Or at least what I would like it to be.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Thanks for elaborating...
    Yes, and all too often we get a bad view of military/LE when it comes to events in our past...Katrina for one.
    I don't fear our military would turn on it's people, it would be a UN force or something along those lines...but that is all speculation at this point which I am not good at. I just hope our country can turn around before it's too late...some already say it is too late, but I don't think so.:patriot:

I confused you because I am thinking of only 1/2 of the equation and doing it intentionally. I don't care what Obama does or does not see in the situation, I can't know and don't care. What I do see is a historical case where the Army chose to enforce a Constitution and the ruling of a Supreme Court. So often we think of the military as drones, unconcerned about Constitutional law, just waiting for illegal orders to be handed down from whomever. Or we think of a junta (which has happened before in Honduras) where the entire gov't including a constitution is tossed out.

All in all, this is a case of a military acting as a stabilizing force, upholding a Constitution and the courts of law.

Obama can take whatever from that, and he may act in reaction to it. I really don't care.

I am interested in a case where soldiers stood up in defense of their Constitution, courts and law. We often bash about the potential of soldiers and what they might or might not do in XYZ, usually with a bad slant on what we think the soldiers would do. I am guilty of suspicion myself.

But here is a heartening case, full of hope, and possibly even with success. I just wanted to note it and take it for what it is. Or at least what I would like it to be.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Thanks for elaborating...
    Yes, and all too often we get a bad view of military/LE when it comes to events in our past...Katrina for one.
    I don't fear our military would turn on it's people, it would be a UN force or something along those lines...but that is all speculation at this point which I am not good at. I just hope our country can turn around before it's too late...some already say it is too late, but I don't think so.:patriot:

I agree. It's not too late. :patriot:

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009

:yesway:

Top Bottom