• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    First, my biggest question, where are they getting all this money? We don't have it so this will just decrease the value of the dollar when they print all this new money, right?

Second, all these :bs: packages from the mayors of cities are asking for things that will not stimulate the economy. They won't even create jobs longer than a few months and then more layoffs. :n00b:

Third, they are saying 300 billion is for tax cuts. 200 billion for buisness. If they are handing out money, how is it for "tax cuts"? Do they cut these buisnesses checks? How are they going to select which ones get how much?

All these politicians are all for it only because of the pork being added to get votes. And what happened last time? They removed most of those "ammendments" after and right before it was passed.

What pisses me off most is that the people are just going to let it happen because they expect a check from it. :xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We're simply printing more money and relying on Tinkerbell dust and unicorn farts from Obama.

Fixed it for ya! :thumbsup:

Seriously though. Are they just going to print up more money? :nuts:

If they do that I hope to God the stockmarket nose dives. It won't right away, but it will once the feel-good juice wears off.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's not that I want people to lose all they have. Its because I want the stock market to shatter, the Fed go bankrupt (I can wish right?), and the whole Country to wake up to what the hell is going on and why they should care!

Trust me I don't want people to lose their "401K" or their house, or whatever. The whole economy needs a make over and only the Country going broke and people getting involved is what it will take. Granted not a lot will get involved, but those few Patriots that really care, like some of us, is all it takes.

“If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    Samuel Adams

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thank you for wishing away my 401k....

It's already been cut in half... whats the rest of it at this point? :):

In all honesty the markets are no different than being at the tables/slots in vegas or reno. The only difference is that the DOW (and family) give you the impression of being able to pick the cards and stop the wheel on your terms.

Look at it throughout our history. The ordinary guy gets the shaft every few decades. Now it's our turn to get it. In another 30 years some body else will be just as dumbfounded as many are today about "how could this happen".

Reality sucks. On the plus side, I haven't owned a stock in 2 years. I bought a bunch of gold and silver. On the other plus side, I was planning on renovating the house and sold most of it just before the bottom fell out of the metals so I scored there as well.

I'll be completely honest, I never saw that bottom coming and if it wasn't for luck, I'd be in the same boat as most with their 401k's. Course right now my IRA is 100% cash, lol. I really have no idea what to do with it. Sucks.

I want my 6 billion bailout. Think if I legally change my name to "General Motors" I can go pick up my check? :laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I tell you what. 300 million people. 750 BILLION dollars. How about everyone who is a CONFIRMED citizen in this country get an equal share? How about that for a stimulus package? Every single person gets $2500. Men Women Teenagers Babies everyone. Some households make out with a nice chunk, some make out with either $2500-5000. No taxes. Do with it as you wish.

No Better yet, 3 trillion dollars. Spread that around. No, screw that. 300 Trillion! Why stop there! Obama and Congress can just wave their magic wand and give everyone in this Country $50K to do WHATEVER! Theres a stimulus package!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    personally, I'd rather see congress tell the credit card companies their new interest rate is say.... 10%

that would do far more to stimulate the economy than giving out money.

But that's just me.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    How many ads do you hear for "credit Debt Consolidation" or other forms of "credit help"

Most people who are paying the Minimum Due, to their insane number of credit cards are paying 99.5% interest, and .5% principal (exaggerated numbers to get the point across) If the interest rates were across the board dropped from currently a legal maximum of 22% of more, down to a maximum of 10% or less. The credit card companies would make less profit, however people, paying the same minimum due, will make more progress towards debt elimination.

That's a huge portion of the problem. Huge volumes of debt. Both personal, and in the government.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    makes a little sense. I mean lowering credit rates and all makes a LOT of sense. What doesn't really make sense is how someone who owes $50K in debt, not just CC's, being able to pay off that debt in 10 years instead of 20 is going to stimulate the economy? Why not just give the people a huge chunk of money? Make half or 2/3's strictly for bills and give them the rest for whatever. I'm not talking about that half or two thirds going to their personal buisness debts, but to their personal debt. If it pays off half their debt even and gives them money to spend, that's a lot of money changing hands stimulating the economy.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm firmly against allowing someone to forcefully take money from my employer and give it to me if I didn't earn it.

I'm firmly against allowing someone to forcefully take money from my wallet, and give it to you.

I'm firmly against allowing someone to forcefully take money from Bill Gates, (even $5) and give it to someone who did nothing to earn it.

In your "solution" someone is forcefully taking somebodies money, and giving it to people who have debt, who did nothing to earn that money. See my problem with that "solution?"

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm firmly against allowing someone to forcefully take money from my employer and give it to me if I didn't earn it.

I'm firmly against allowing someone to forcefully take money from my wallet, and give it to you.

I'm firmly against allowing someone to forcefully take money from Bill Gates, (even $5) and give it to someone who did nothing to earn it.

In your "solution" someone is forcefully taking somebodies money, and giving it to people who have debt, who did nothing to earn that money. See my problem with that "solution?"

:+1: and rep added.

Your earlier post about credit was spot on as well (IMHO). Our country was over leveraged in debt when this whole mess started.

Everyone is going to be trolling for their part of the bailout now.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

So why aren't you and everyone else fighting tooth and nail against these bailouts?

This has kinda been my point all along as I agree with you 100% :D Glad to see someone said it.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    So why aren't you and everyone else fighting tooth and nail against these bailouts?

This has kinda been my point all along as I agree with you 100% :D Glad to see someone said it.

If I remember correctly, it was reported somewhere that approximately 70% of the country was against the bailouts. And it still passed.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If I remember correctly, it was reported somewhere that approximately 70% of the country was against the bailouts. And it still passed.

Also Repped! :D

So then my question now becomes this:

What are we going to do about it???

Our government works for us and when they fail to do as their constituents TELL them to do, their oath of office has become violated. When they do so a second time, their contract becomes null and void and it is our duty to make sure they understand that. In this case, special elections are held in order to replace those politicians.

So how do we go about removing them from office? What are our options? How do we gain support? How do we let people know their rights and tell them the truth????

What can we do to stop this maddness???

It is my firm belief that if we continue down this path, you won't have to worry about your 401K being there Lars. The dollar won't be worth the paper it's printed on. You'll have to pay to own money. (Stupid sounding but you get my point) If we continue to hand out money, YOUR AND MY money to everyone who did not earn it, and continue to print money like we have all the gold in the world, this economy is not only going to fall, but big buisness will move over seas, farmers will watch their crops die as fertilizer will become scarce and expensive, you can see where I'm going with this.

Stupid is as stupid does, if you give them an inch they will take a mile. If the people don't do something, and come up with a better plan, we're fLocked. It's either going to be the beginning of the end, or the beginning of a new beginning. What would you rather it be? Are you willing to do more than type on a keyboard to help?

Last edited:

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    It doesn't matter what the people think because the all mighty politicians know whats best for us. That is why the bailouts passed and we wont drill for oil offshore. We are slowly moving towards a police state and most don't even care. The economy is bad so the government thinks its best that they run it. It is going to take normal people who actually care to run for positions in this country fro things to change for the better. The problem is that cost a lot of money that most people do not have. The government is no longer for the people. We have been going way in the wrong direction since FDR...

Top Bottom