• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don't the reference, but it is going to get seriously nasty. 6+" of snow then -17F temps and -35F wind chills are the recipe for people dying in their cars in ditches. Pack blankets, cellphones, and other important things when traveling early next week. I work 7pm-3am Sunday night into Monday. Not looking forward to the drive home.

my wife is supposed to drive 45 mins (normal time) at 7am Monday through corn fields to work. I'm alreDy telling her to inform them she likely won't be there if lots of snow and -10F.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    My wife is on call this weekend at the old folks home, and is already planning on living there pretty much from Sunday afternoon onwards. She's one of the closest people to the place, and some live as far south as Brown County. While it'l make for a nice check, she'll be burnt out after that.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't the reference, but it is going to get seriously nasty. 6+" of snow then -17F temps and -35F wind chills are the recipe for people dying in their cars in ditches. Pack blankets, cellphones, and other important things when traveling early next week. I work 7pm-3am Sunday night into Monday. Not looking forward to the drive home.

my wife is supposed to drive 45 mins (normal time) at 7am Monday through corn fields to work. I'm alreDy telling her to inform them she likely won't be there if lots of snow and -10F.
    You mean ANOTHER 6" of snow coming? I haven't watched the news recently...

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    You mean ANOTHER 6" of snow coming? I haven't watched the news recently...

Weather folks at the NWS office are saying 6-10" in the forecast discussion. Depends upon the track of the system. Gonna hit the store today for provisions and hopefully not have to venture out for the rest of the weekend.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Man, have *I* been out of the loop. Didn't even know this was coming until I hit INGO. Glad I can work from my home office. Doesn't look like we are going anywhere for a few days.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I thought it was a beastie boys reference that we need to drink to stay warm. Thanks for the history lesson!

I will keep a close eye on all the racks in my house.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I knew I should have chopped some more wood yesterday when I had the time. Guess I know what I'll be doing when I get home today. Dogs will love it though.

WHen is it supposed to start? My phone showed snow on Monday, but is that Monday morning, Sunday night, or Monday afternoon?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Weather folks at the NWS office are saying 6-10" in the forecast discussion. Depends upon the track of the system. Gonna hit the store today for provisions and hopefully not have to venture out for the rest of the weekend.

Did the store yesterday. Ready and waiting.
    Curious as to what you guys needed to get which you didn't already have on hand for winter? Might jog my memory of something I (or others) have forgotten...

Top Bottom