• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I was single I would love this kind of weather. As a father of three who has a wife that is supposed to drive a long distance to get to work on Monday, it makes me nervous. You want your family to be prepared and taken care of, however with something like this it is just beyond our control. If we lose power for an extended period of time and it's -20°, that is just a recipe for disaster. Add three small children and a wife to the mix along with my meeting to be at the hospital, potentially spending the night so that I can get there for my neck shift, and it makes for a bit of anxiety.

Different weather threats concerns different people, differently I suppose. While cold weather is nothing to be taken lightly, the fact they're not calling for ice and the predicted snow fall amounts seem to be decreasing as the forecasts roll out, I'm not really all that concerned about power loss. And if we should, with the 4-6" of snow they're now calling for down here, we'll probably not get stranded and we'll either get a motel room or bunk in with the in-laws (if we have too :rolleyes:).

We haven't lived in this particular house since we had temps as low as they're forecasting so I'm a little worried about a couple of issues regarding freeze ups -- but not that much. Now when they are calling for ice, I do get concerned...living out in the country with an all electric home, the odds of power lines going down seems to be a higher probability than in town.

I was more concerned about the severe weather outbreak that happened a few weeks ago than this...but that's just me.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Living at the edge of town has it's advantages, but when it gets bad and we have to go to moms (she has a wood burning stove) it's going to suck, there are 3 different ways to go, all 3 drift a lot, and one is through the country, I'm thinking I'll just stay up all night to keep an eye out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have a lot of .223 I panic bought this summer. I'm putting an ad on armslist for people to meet me at 465/65 on the south side at 3pm tomorrow :)

Top Bottom