• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Humm could not one or two team members have drug him outside for aid .

No maybe ... well then I assume that if a team member got shot they would let him lay there for over an hour ... come on guys . I done some of that wizbang CQB as A hab The Arab ... I 've seen the teams work .. you mean they could not hold one just one room the first room they were in and extract the wounded to the casualty collection point ? I've seen and know better .

Thanks
    Duncan

Benny's correct. It takes a whole hour to clear a house of a scared ****less wife and 4y/o. I think your expectations that they could clear the home at all are just unfounded. Completely out of the realm of possibility.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Functional drunks. I have no doubt that Bisard is one of those. When I first start out in LE, I was a probation officer. I remember having a guy who always came to his appts, paid his fees, attended his classes, and generally wasnt a problem. Our office visits would typically be about sports or current events. As he neared the end of his supervision, I noticed that I had never tested him since his baseline, so sent him to the drug lab.... and "boom." His results were above 0.20. I was shocked. I had hm come back a few days later, and boom again, another high PBT. I went to his home, on a feild visit.... more of the same. I violated hm, an he did 10 days. The exact day he got out, he came to my office... tested him again, and still more of the same. I had him placed in custody again, and this tme he did 30 days.
    Each and every time I met with this guy, there was no odor, his eyes werent bloodshot, he was balanced, well spoken, and neat. No one would ever think that he was highly intoxicated. This guy lost his job at Rolls Royce during his second "vacation," and when he was released, he was instructed to see me the next week.
    The next week when he came in, he smelled, his hair was messy, he was shaking, and just an all round mess. I thought to myself, "how stupid can one guy be!?!" I gave him a PBT and it read 0.00.

That's a firsthand acct, people like him are rare, but they certainly do exists. Once can have all the trainng in the world, but when you meet up with guys like these, it is infinitely more diffcult to detect impairment; especially if you assume people are doing the "right" thing.

There are several known functional alcoholics that I work with. The most obvious one became less functional one day and fell over and couldn't get up during a weekend shift. That was the last straw. He got canned about 3 or 4 months ago. The worst part is that even stinking drunk he was still more competent than most of the other guys stone sober.

He had actually fallen off a machine, because he was so drunk, and hurt himself about 10 years earlier and everyone looked the other way.

He liked to drink Vodka and a LOT of it. He always smelled like booze. No amount of breath mint or gum will cover up drunk breath. It just smells like minty booze, which not to get too far off topic goes great in hot chocolate.

A wise man once told me, "why waste being drunk at work?" Sage advise...

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    The police department's lawyer gave a press conference today. Here's a link.

...officers searched the home and found several weapons, body armor and partial articles of a law enforcement uniform which supports information that law enforcement originally believed that this was an organization tied to home invasions. Storie says they also found a photo found under Guerena's bed of Jesus Malverde who Storie calls a "patron saint drug runner". These items found inside the home were originally listed on the search warrant, says Storie.

Oh NO, not weapons. Oh dear me, he had body armor! Clearly a bad guy. With this department's credibility I wouldn't be surprised if that partial uniform consists of a pair of combat boots and BDU pants. I own those too, love the cargo pockets, though they make me look like a fat mall ninja. You know what else I own? A picture of Hitler. That's right. It's in one of my history books. Should I turn myself in now or wait for the raid?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Finally! Instead of acting guilty they finally say something. About time.

Have they released the search warrant and affidavit yet?

Yes, apparently, if they can be believed they SAY they found a picture of Jesus Malverde, one of the items they were looking for. Thank God they got to it before he could flush it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Humm could not one or two team members have drug him outside for aid .

No maybe ... well then I assume that if a team member got shot they would let him lay there for over an hour ... come on guys . I done some of that wizbang CQB as A hab The Arab ... I 've seen the teams work .. you mean they could not hold one just one room the first room they were in and extract the wounded to the casualty collection point ? I've seen and know better .

Thanks
    Duncan

You seriously didn't catch any sarcasm in my post?

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Yes, apparently, if they can be believed they SAY they found a picture of Jesus Malverde, one of the items they were looking for. Thank God they got to it before he could flush it.

If what was stated in the press release by the lawyer, I would be willing to bet that the potential destruction of evidence was not the factor that persuaded the Judge to issue a no-knock warrant in this case.

The way the press release was worded, I am leaning toward that the Officer(s) that wrote the warrant were able to articulate that there were exigent circumstances on the grounds that the occupant(s) of the residence were armed and that they had probable cause to believe that they were involved in violent crimes.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    If what was stated in the press release by the lawyer, I would be willing to bet that the potential destruction of evidence was not the factor that persuaded the Judge to issue a no-knock warrant in this case.

The way the press release was worded, I am leaning toward that the Officer(s) that wrote the warrant were able to articulate that there were exigent circumstances on the grounds that the occupant(s) of the residence were armed and that they had probable cause to believe that they were involved in violent crimes.

Rather than read between the lines in a press release, I'm more interested in them spelling out their PC and explaining themselves in detail.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Rather than read between the lines in a press release, I'm more interested in them spelling out their PC and explaining themselves in detail.

Dross. Dross. Wake up. It's time to go to school. :)

The truth hasn't come out yet because they haven't decided what the truth should be. Here's the truth according to the attorney:

The SWAT team members were surveilling the house.

They really suck at it because their target made them and started to counter-surveil them (which probably meant looking out the window during commercials to see if Andy and Barney were still sitting out front).

The police were mad because the Marine made them (like they were going to sneak up on a Marine).

At least one LEO confused a flashbang with a muzzle blast.

The rest of the SWAT team confused the first LEO's muzzle blast with the muzzle blast from my dead brother's unfired AR15.

The wife and child were able to be evacuted immediately.

The Marine couldn't be evacuated because he wasn't dead yet.

The Marine had body armor, BDUs, and other gear in his home that 3/4 of us on this forum have, and the other 1/2 want.

They found a picture of Jesus under the bed.

The police are happy with their execution (pun intended).

This may sound a little cynical, but this is what I read. Am I missing something?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Dross. Dross. Wake up. It's time to go to school. :)

The truth hasn't come out yet because they haven't decided what the truth should be. Here's the truth according to the attorney:

The SWAT team members were surveilling the house.

They really suck at it because their target made them and started to counter-surveil them (which probably meant looking out the window during commercials to see if Andy and Barney were still sitting out front).

The police were mad because the Marine made them (like they were going to sneak up on a Marine).

At least one LEO confused a flashbang with a muzzle blast.

The rest of the SWAT team confused the first LEO's muzzle blast with the muzzle blast from my dead brother's unfired AR15.

The wife and child were able to be evacuted immediately.

The Marine couldn't be evacuated because he wasn't dead yet.

The Marine had body armor, BDUs, and other gear in his home that 3/4 of us on this forum have, and the other 1/2 want.

They found a picture of Jesus under the bed.

The police are happy with their execution (pun intended).

This may sound a little cynical, but this is what I read. Am I missing something?

Sounds about right. :yesway:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I just want to see what happens when the civil trial for this case comes up. I want to see what the officers say when the plaintiff's attorney asks them, "Would you have let a fellow officer lie there and die for an hour because the area was unsafe," and watch them lie and lie.

I'm dying (no pun intended) to see the police clothing they got in the raid.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom