• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    it's fascinating in the same way a demo derby is fascinating.

Ultimately the rifle will be destroyed for the entertainment factor of something outrageous being done, not education on the built-in safety margins (over-engineering) as the video maker pretends. This is evidenced by a part 2 existing. Simply blowing up the gun and the resulting shock factor is the primary goal. Myth Busters wannabees.

I have to admit that I was proud to see the old Mosin take the abuse given, but cringed. He claims he likes Mosins in the video, but obviously has no respect for them. Probably that way with women and other things in life, too!

Les

or he knows that specific rifle is going to be destroyed so there is no reason to play nice with it.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    He talks a lot without saying much. Could have compressed this into a five minute video without losing a thing.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    He talks a lot without saying much. Could have compressed this into a five minute video without losing a thing.

I feel most of his videos are like that. I still keep watching tho. He is in a unique position to be able to destroy his own guns on film, and make money doing it. The things they do with guns like feezing hi points and firing .50 cal projectiles out of shotguns and whatnot are always things I've wanted to do but wasn't comfortable with the idea of destroying a firearm. Then again if I'm a dealer and buying hi points @75 bucks a unit and making untold sums from the online video of its destruction, its a win win for everybody.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    He said it was a beat up old gun that they pieced back together. Cheap surplus gun in bad shape...it makes me appreciate the Soviet designers that put it together back in the early 1900s(or was it late 1800s? My mosin-history is a bit rusty).

I'd be crying more if he was doing it with a 1876 winchester.

Assimilator17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Its an interesting piece for those of us who wonder what is technically possible, even if we don't have the resources to try it ourselves. While I am definitely appreciative of the historical aspect to these fine weapons, it seems that sacrificing one for the potential education and edification of millions is worth it.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Thanks for putting that up. They finally did it in! it wasn't what I expected but they got it done.

Top Bottom