• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Get back to me when we have glassed Chicago. Seriously, there are heavy rat zones, but they are not exclusive to any one religion, nationality, or race. So I just can't get on the glass 'em all bandwagon either as effective or as moral.

Understand the emotion, but cannot get there from here.

Give me the shotgun and you spot 'em then. Let me know if one is still moving after and I'll shoot 'em all. Rat's a rat, red, white, black or blue, if it's got a tail and moving after dark shoot it. Let the buzzards sort 'em out in the morning.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I really don't know how to explain it. You've either tried to erradicater vermin or you haven't. A home owner trying to get rid of rats and mice is trying to kill them all. He knows as long as there is two left sooner or later he's going to have the same problem all over.

A professional exterminator is trying to kill enough to get paid. He knows as long as there is two left sooner or later he's going to get paid again the same job all over.

Then you have guys who don't want to hurt the innocent rats. He knows for every rat in the dump who bit some one, there's 10,000 rats who never bit any body and don't even want to bite any body. They just want to go one with their every day rat lives. This guy wants to dig through the dump offering his hand as a test to see which rats bite so he won't hurt any of the friendly rats because rats serve a purpose too.

My self, I think that purpose is moving targets.

So, genocide, right? You want to kill every single Muslim, right? Men, women, and children..can't let any of the rats reproduce, right? If I am following you correctly, this is how I am reading your comparison.

Carrion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    He said "nutjobs." i love the selective reading from the PC at any price crowd. Shouldn't nutjobs of any stripe be barred from serving if they've made it clear that they think it's jim-dandy to kill their fellow soldiers. Apparently, it's "unamerican activities" to take self-professed traitors out of the ranks. We owe poor Benedict Arnold an apology. I'll now retire to Bedlam, the world is upside down.

No, he wrote "muslim nutbags". If he meant "nutjobs" he'd have written "nutjobs". But you already knew that.

Since he wrote "muslim nutbags" we can safely assume he is concerned only with "muslim nutbags" rather than nutbags generally, or "nutjobs of any stripe" if you prefer. Singling out muslims among the nutjobs in indeed an unamerican activity. Bone up on your constitutional law.

Last edited:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    The doors of this country need to be open to those who want to become a part of it, and are willing to put forth some effort to do so. Regardless of religion.

Those who would use our hard-won freedoms as a shield for thier subversive and anti-American activities, need to be removed from our midst. REGARDLESS OF RELIGION.

I don't give a **** what your religion is, you either positively contribute, or deal with the result of the seed/s you sow. Lightning would knock me off any pulpit, but all said and done, accountability is the answer. If one poses a threat to the United States, or it's citizens, that one needs to be gone. Please feel free to define "gone" as your concience dictates.... and my concience isn't real picky in this regard.

Deal with it.
    :+1:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    These chicken**** bully's are no different from any other in a school yard at recess or with a bomb strapped on in a market. They are all cowards and ignorant. They never have and never will accomplish anything with their intelect. It's what frustrates them they see the world and people accomplishing things and they can not accept they are just plain too inept to compete on the same playing field as the rest of the world. Shoot John Lennon, blow their selves up, hide a gun and start shooting unarmed people in the back where they feel safe, or scratch some one's car you don't like.

They are all useless chicken**** back stabbing cowards.

:+1:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    No, he wrote "muslim nutjobs". If he meant "nutjobs" he'd have written "nutjobs". But you already knew that.

Since he wrote "muslim nutjobs" we can safely assume he is concerned only with "muslim nutjobs' rather than nutjobs in generally, or "nutjobs of any stripe" if you prefer. Singling out muslims among the nutjobs in indeed an unamerican activity. Bone up on your constitutional law.

Bone up yours. If we were discussing Amish nutjobs, then I guess he would have written "Amish nutjobs," however, Amish ideology has not shown itself to be a problem, has it?

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Bone up yours. If we were discussing Amish nutjobs, then I guess he would have written "Amish nutjobs," however, Amish ideology has not shown itself to be a problem, has it?

Well I never heard of an Amish strappin 5 pounds of C4 to his azz and blowin up the fruit stand...:dunno:

Carrion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009

I suppose that depends on who you ask. Just because anti-Amish bigotry isn't presently fashionable, but anti-Muslim is, doesn't make it any less acceptable.

Neither does your being afraid of Muslims ahead of Amish.

Good job sidestepping the point, by the way, of subverting the freedom of religion documented by the contitution, to assuage your cowering. He wrote "muslim nutbags", can I assume you and he approve of all of the other nutbags joining the ranks?

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Does anyone realize the freedoms required to even participate in this thread......

...the freedom to read this thread
    ...the freedom to post in it
    ...the freedom to have your own opinion
    ...the freedom to disagree
    ...the freedom to carry any semblance of logic to an extreme
    ...the freedom to try and put words in the mouths of others
    ...the freedom to allow others to think some of you a fool, and continue to bolster that opinion

.... and.... the freedom to think that each time you click on "post", that you may actually have the last word..........

and yep, I posted too..... but I don't really care if anyone else agrees with me or not...... the first four freedoms were enough for me.

I'm too old for the last four. :patriot: :stickpoke:

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Largely unasked-for polemic regarding the violent nature of Islam...

The tenets of Christianity is not pedophilia.

Black history for centuries is not one based in gang activity. That's recent.

Gun ownership "creedo" is not based in crime.

However, it's been proven that the "religion of peace" is...well...not so much so!

Christianity has had in its existence, just as violent a history as Islam has - but unlike Islam, Christianity had its reformation in the 1300s-1400s, and ever since, has become less violent, dramatically so, to the point in which the violence espoused in the Bible (and yes, it is there if you look for it) is glossed over by moderate Christians and most Evangelicals alike - very few Christians hold a worldview which is conductive to violence now, pure and simple... Sure, you do have Christians who commit violence (Timothy McVeigh's views on religion are conflicting and largely unknown, but he was at least raised Irish-Catholic; you have people who kill abortionists wholly convinced they're doing the work of their 'god,'), but you do NOT see the type of violence which is ENDEMIC AND CENTRAL to the belief system of Islam - because unlike Christianity, Islam has NOT undergone moderation or reformation, and it too is now 1300-1400 years old (the same age as Christianity when it downgraded itself into a more peaceful epistemology), and thus the Muslim world stands on a cusp: either Islam will moderate itself into a position in which violence shall be almost universally renounced and denunciated, as have Judaism and Christianity done in their developments, or it shall, I am afraid, degenerate into even further violence.

However, Islam is even more unlikely than those religions to do the former and far more likely to do the latter, and I'll tell you why - Muslims believe that their 'holy' book, one which I do not name on principle, is the INERRANT word of 'god,' 'allah' simply being arabic for the word 'god.' Christianity developed lots of sects throughout its development, and whatever part of the original dogma that sect disagreed with, it largely disavowed or ignored or re-interpreted. Non-literalism arose, and with the splintering of dogma came different, occasionally conflicting versions of their 'holy' book, the Holy Bible... at present, there is: The King James version, New International Version, Red Letter Version, etc, etc, etc...many slightly different texts.... there are the gnostic gospels, the apocrypha, etc, etc, etc.... there are minor differences between each sect of Christianity, most notably between the Catholic/Protestant split, but even amongst Catholics, there are Greek Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Non-Orthodox, etc, etc, etc. With Protestants, one has Lutherans, Baptists, Anabaptists, Methodists (not too many Quakers anymore, though), United Methodists, etc, etc, etc.

With Islam, their book is unlikely to undergo any revisions at all, as it is already 'perfect' and thus unneeding of any human change anyone would make to it. Only interpretations differ, and where Christians largely ignore the violence espoused in the Bible, Muslims are FAR more likely to embrace it, as moderation has not really struck the Muslim world as it has with our nation, who are mostly Christian.

I'm not about to make excuses for their inexcusable violence, but understanding why they're so violent might be able to help us understand this one fact which everyone seems so hesitant to admit, and while I respect what Bill of Rights has said on this, and about being careful to avoid jumping to generalized conclusions, (Bill, you seem like a fair, nice, intelligent, well-reasoned, polite, thoughtful, and reasonable guy, but just I cannot agree with your stance on this one issue), Islam is NOT a peaceful religion, and it is perfectly valid to criticize one based on one's beliefs.

This is not a matter of unfair characterization based on skintone or gender or nationality - this is characterization based on one's propensity to commit violence - and more specifically, unprovoked violence against largely-civilian populations. It's one thing to join a fighting force and to strap on body armor, grab an M4A1, and to follow one's platoon into battle, knowing that you signed up to defend your country, which then owes you everything they have for your selfless sacrifice - it's quite another to strap on some TNT or RDX to one's chest and to then stroll into a crowd of civilians going about their day and to forever destroy their lives - and this is a problem solely specific to Islam - else where are the Tibetan-Buddhist suicide bombers? To paraphrase the stance issued by the anti-religionist (and particularly anti-Islamic) Sam Harris, where are they?

"If economic, political, social, or religious persecution alone or in tandem are enough to take otherwise normal, non-violent people and to turn them into mass murderers, then where are the Tibetan-Buddhist suicide bombers? The Tibetans have suffered under the Chinese regime oppression that is every bit as brutal as American policy has EVER been in the Middle East, but you don't see it. Despite torture on a semi-regular basis, massacres, and generalized oppression, we still don't see that happening - and we are profoundly unlike to see it. Buddhists don't believe the sorts of things you have to believe to form a death cult that is brewing in the Muslim world."

They don't allow violence to constitute a part of their worldview, as it's not part of their religious beliefs - beliefs which lay bare our expected behavior and beliefs of how this world functions and our role in this world... and thus violence doesn't enter much into the mindset of a Buddhist, much less actually translate into behavior... the most violent Buddhist in the world in the most violent act ever committed due to their religious beliefs simply set himself aflame... Thich Quang Duc didn't have the hubris or religious beliefs which could justify doing harm to others, only himself... especially not beliefs which justify mass murder, unlike the rewards which Islam promises to the most devout (read: most willing to kill) awaiting them in the afterlife.

To keep shrugging this problem off as due to a few bad apples or extremists is to miss the point - Islam even at its mildest is still violently extreme, and Islam at its most violent.... well, we have all seen the enraging and unjust, and tragic results of that.

Hopefully as a nation, we will soon understand that fact, for all of our collective sake, and for our posterity. When our children grow up, hopefully we shall have had the courage to label this world honestly enough that they understand what they're getting themselves into... and continued notions that the unprovoked usage of violence against civilians is completely acceptable is just a minority view in the Muslim world are not only disingenuously untrue - but in a world of seemingly increasing violent religious behavior - also very dangerous. Muslims must renounce their religion, or by the free peoples of America, they shall be destroyed by it.

:twocents:
    :twocents:

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I suppose that depends on who you ask. Just because anti-Amish bigotry isn't presently fashionable, but anti-Muslim is, doesn't make it any less acceptable.

I missed the Amish massacres of innocents, the Amish suicide bombers, the Amish bus bombers, the Amish rocket launchers into civilian homes, the Amish flying planes into buildings, the Amish nightclub firebombers, the Amish beheaders, the Amish "honor killings." etc, ad nauseum...

Carrion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    I missed the Amish massacres of innocents, the Amish suicide bombers, the Amish bus bombers, the Amish rocket launchers into civilian homes, the Amish flying planes into buildings, the Amish nightclub firebombers, the Amish beheaders, the Amish "honor killings." etc, ad nauseum...

You seem unwilling or unable to distinguish between the actions of a few radical muslims and the entire balance of the rest of the religion. You also seem unable to face the discussion directly, preferring to speak in generalities about things your television has told you are true, and to whine to me via reputation comments.

Why am I not suprised.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You seem unwilling or unable to distinguish between the actions of a few radical muslims and the entire balance of the rest of the religion. You also seem unable to face the discussion directly, preferring to speak in generalities about things your television has told you are true, and to whine to me via reputation comments.

It's not a few, it's hundreds of millions worldwide that espouse violence. I didn't whine to you, I upbraided you for making 3 vitriolic personal attacks on members in your first 7 posts here. Why am I not surprised you can't tell the difference.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Does anyone realize the freedoms required to even participate in this thread......

...the freedom to read this thread
    ...the freedom to post in it
    ...the freedom to have your own opinion
    ...the freedom to disagree
    ...the freedom to carry any semblance of logic to an extreme
    ...the freedom to try and put words in the mouths of others
    ...the freedom to allow others to think some of you a fool, and continue to bolster that opinion

.... and.... the freedom to think that each time you click on "post", that you may actually have the last word..........

and yep, I posted too..... but I don't really care if anyone else agrees with me or not...... the first four freedoms were enough for me.

I'm too old for the last four. :patriot: :stickpoke:

Good post. Sometimes the rhetoric and bickering gets silly.

Cheers! :40oz:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Look, I think we all agree that any nutjob has no place in our military. The reason Muslim nutjobs were singled out is because this thread is about a Muslim nutjob that just killed many innocent American Soldiers. On an American base. I'm not sorry if this offends you because you seem to want to defend this nutjob.

Why are you goading a fight about this? What are your real motives here? Do you have an issue with us pointing out radical muslims when we see them? Do you have a problem with us cursing radical muslims because they are killing our brothers and sisters and friends and family and fellow Countrymen? Do you have the same feelings as this POS nutjob that just killed 13 American Soldiers in an act of Jihad?!?!

What's your malfunction?!?!

Top Bottom