The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/gary-johnson-says-hillary-no-criminal/

Johnson has long been considered by many to be more of a leftist that leans libertarian. His choice of Bill Weld as a running mate only reinforced this perspective. Their very positive (an not infrequent) comments toward the very non-libertarian Democratic party nominee (and current government officials) contrasted with their willingness to bash the (also not-libertarian) Republican Trump, seem telling.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Rex Bell on the issues for his campaign.

Rex Bell - for Governor of Indiana

Mark today down on your calendar--we are in complete agreement. During Pence's last round of being stupid in public I called his staffer du jour and plainly threatened to vote for Captain Mustache if he didn't get his head out from up his rear (which he didn't). I had not considered this alternative at the time and based on the information you linked, I really think I like this guy. Thanks!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you honestly believe this?

I've been watching him long enough now that it's obvious to me. That it's not obvious to others isn't a reflection on me, it's a reflection on them.

And I voted for that sad, lying sack of **** in the past, and I'm a libertarian. He drove me away with his Hillary support this time around. **** him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Campaigning for Trump. HE isn't the one walking around saying nice things about Hillary. But go on. Give Hillary your vote by proxy while pretending you're not.

He's barely campaigning for himself, seemingly giving this to Clinton. He isn't saying "nice" things (anymore), but he's also not going after her in any substantive way.

Also, as a Libertarian, you should know and understand the "give Hillary your vote" line is illogical nonsense.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    He's barely campaigning for himself, seemingly giving this to Clinton. He isn't saying "nice" things (anymore), but he's also not going after her in any substantive way.

Also, as a Libertarian, you should know and understand the "give Hillary your vote" line is illogical nonsense.

The convention and real Republican campaign hasn't started yet. But I watched Johnson throw every stone he can find at Trump but not say anything that's even unsupportive of Hillary. If you refuse to see what's going on, thats on you.

I've said my piece, and I'm done with this thread and Gary F'ing Johnson.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

I am not so sure, if Johnson is attacking Trump it is for a reason. I would say it's because his campaign believes that, on a national level, trump defectors benefit him. For the Libertarian party part of the goal is keeping ballot access in the states isn't ir?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been watching him long enough now that it's obvious to me. That it's not obvious to others isn't a reflection on me, it's a reflection on them.

And I voted for that sad, lying sack of **** in the past, and I'm a libertarian. He drove me away with his Hillary support this time around. **** him.

You certainly nailed the condescending superiority portion of the party platform. I don't see where failing to criticize to the degree you desire is the same as support but that's probably just my 3 brain cells letting me down.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Is Trump not trying or is he waiting and saving the good fireworks for later such that it will be fresh in the voters' short memories when they are on the way to go vote?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Hillary wants her dirty laundry aired out LONG before November so that her supporters forget all about it by then or say it's an old tired pile of nonsense like they keep insisting with Benghazi.

It's far more logical to deny her the time to recover before November. Lay the heavy, nasty stuff on her in the closing months of the election.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is Trump not trying or is he waiting and saving the good fireworks for later such that it will be fresh in the voters' short memories when they are on the way to go vote?

Sounds like everyday people somehow know how the Trump campaign is operating?

Or just excuses they tell themselves to try and explain/justify what's going on.

Not targeted at you specifically, I've read similar guesses on twitter too

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds like everyday people somehow know how the Trump campaign is operating?

Or just excuses they tell themselves to try and explain/justify what's going on.

Not targeted at you specifically, I've read similar guesses on twitter too

I am not sure I would call it a guess in the traditional sense. We start by choosing one or the other of two alternatives: Trump is not aggressively campaigning right now because of ineptitude or because of having a specific reason. There is no third alternative. Similarly, assuming that there is a reason, the only viable explanation for inaction regarding Hillary right now is that he is waiting to have the sh*tstorm fresh in the voters' minds as they are voting unless he is deliberately throwing the election--and I have a very difficult time believing that he is deliberately throwing the election given the amount of his time and money he has sunk into it and the potential rewards he could realize by winning.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am not sure I would call it a guess in the traditional sense. We start by choosing one or the other of two alternatives: Trump is not aggressively campaigning right now because of ineptitude or because of having a specific reason. There is no third alternative. Similarly, assuming that there is a reason, the only viable explanation for inaction regarding Hillary right now is that he is waiting to have the sh*tstorm fresh in the voters' minds as they are voting unless he is deliberately throwing the election--and I have a very difficult time believing that he is deliberately throwing the election given the amount of his time and money he has sunk into it and the potential rewards he could realize by winning.

I'm not sure he has the money to do much more than he's doing right now. If I understand how it works, he can't get the GOP money until after the convention and the last I saw, he wasn't doing much fund raising either.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm not sure he has the money to do much more than he's doing right now. If I understand how it works, he can't get the GOP money until after the convention and the last I saw, he wasn't doing much fund raising either.

He just raked in $50M in the last few weeks.

Top Bottom