The Ladies, OC or CC experiences, opinions, ect.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Heck, I always wear a western hat when I go out just because I always have having been raised in the country where we bred horses and rode a lot. Even today I get stares and I'm a man in my 50's. Occasionally I'll even hear a "cowboy" comment from some wet-behind-the-ears kid. In this supposedly "diverse-loving" culture, people are more narrow-minded than ever. Don't let comments bother you. I learned a long time ago that people will comment on or make fun of anything different. But it is funny how you can wear pink and green hair and have more holes and metal in your face than a target at shooting range but no one comments on that. Try wearing something more traditional like a hat or a gun and people gawk and laugh. It's a bizarre world out there, isn't it?

That's funny I always get good comments about my hat. The women are always saying they love it and several gentleman have asked me where I got it from. When asked where my six shooter is I simply say at home I carry a 11 shooter now.

Last edited:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    She will not OC for reasons that I agree. Neither she nor I have any issues with a female OC'ing. Outside LEO, I have never seen a female OC in person (just on the internet).

Do you care to share the reasons?

And I carry when I'm by myself, obviously, provided it's legal and I'm comfortable with it. I've made it a habit to carry on my way to work and on my way home. If I can't carry in a building I have to make a stop at, well, it goes in the glove compartment because as of now, I don't have my license yet.

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I hope you meant to type on a public forum that you carry an unloaded, cased, and inaccessible firearm while you are waiting for your license to arrive.

KY is different with the laws for OC and I forget to mention that from time to time. I can OC here with no problems whatsoever, provided I don't get asked to cover it up at any place. Mainly when it's with me, it's loaded and in a holster in the glove box. If it's not there, then it's at home.... which is when I'm home.

I guess that's what I get for being a out-of-stater on an Indiana forum. :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    KY is different with the laws for OC and I forget to mention that from time to time. I can OC here with no problems whatsoever, provided I don't get asked to cover it up at any place. Mainly when it's with me, it's loaded and in a holster in the glove box. If it's not there, then it's at home.... which is when I'm home.

I guess that's what I get for being a out-of-stater on an Indiana forum. :)

OH! :):
    Yeah, I didn't even think to look at the location.
    Sounds like you've got better laws than MI... I guess there you are OCing (legally) without a permit, until you get in your car. Then you're technically concealing, which you can't do without that paper.
    What a pain!
    So, when are you moving here? :D j/k

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    OH! :):
    Yeah, I didn't even think to look at the location.
    Sounds like you've got better laws than MI... I guess there you are OCing (legally) without a permit, until you get in your car. Then you're technically concealing, which you can't do without that paper.
    What a pain!
    So, when are you moving here? :D j/k

Uhm.... not anytime soon. If I go anywhere I'm going further south for a job I want... :'( I love my Indiana folks. Ya'll are something special.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Uhm.... not anytime soon. If I go anywhere I'm going further south for a job I want... :'( I love my Indiana folks. Ya'll are something special.

Yep, we're awesome like that.

Regardless of how you carry, I think we can all agree that we are glad that you ARE carrying. Us OC'ers will distract the bad guys with our flashy guns, and you can sneak up behind them. Teamwork and all that.

Seriously though, just do what you're comfortable with; nobody says you HAVE to do one or the other all the time.

Top Bottom