• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I use coconut oil on my knives that are going to be used to cut food at any point. After use I always clean them, dry them and reapply, though. It's not the sort of thing that will stay on there through use.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I keep a little bit of red grease (Lucas red-n-tacky is an example) on the bare parts of my Junglas.

I think if I were going to be carrying a knife, and also using it for cutting food and such, I would use a food grade GREASE or WAX, not OIL. Oil runs and wears off quickly. Grease and wax do not.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Any kind of petroleum grease. If you use the knife every day, apply it every day. If you dont pull it out, it shouldnt be a problem.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For anyone interested, I picked up some Frog Lube at Plainfield Shooting Supply Friday. It's an interesting product. I'll let you know if it helps me long term. I can say one thing, don't leave it in a hot car any longer than you need to. The paste will start to become a liquid.

On an unrelated note, that store has a little bit of everything. It won't make the normal rotation, but I can see myself making the occasional trip over.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    For anyone interested, I picked up some Frog Lube at Plainfield Shooting Supply Friday. It's an interesting product. I'll let you know if it helps me long term. I can say one thing, don't leave it in a hot car any longer than you need to. The paste will start to become a liquid.

On an unrelated note, that store has a little bit of everything. It won't make the normal rotation, but I can see myself making the occasional trip over.

Don't worry, it will turn back into a paste when it cools. (provided it didn't spill everywhere) :lmfao:

Kryptonite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE Indiana
    If used for food prep: mineral oil or olive oil. Otherwise, synthetics work best for me; Super Gun Quick, Tuf Glide, Strike Hold and the like have low molecular weight so they soak into the micro pores of the steel to displace water molecules and then dry to a super slick film that lasts.

Top Bottom