• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Have much of an ax to grind? I literally know busloads of young creationists (middl school and younger) who could intellectually mop the floor with these numbskulls.

I don't doubt that, but I don't think calling out psuedo-science means having an ax to grind. I think it speaks to a lack of critical thinking skills. Isn't that the crux of this thread?

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    This is why I want to pull out of society.

Its just getting too hard to keep the faith. People this stupid cant be fixed, and our modern dystopia will only pull us down with it if we don't abandon ship soon.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't doubt that, but I don't think calling out psuedo-science means having an ax to grind. I think it speaks to a lack of critical thinking skills. Isn't that the crux of this thread?
    First, your statement would seem to convey the effect of painting with a very broad brush. Second, it would indicate that there is no difference between ignorance of the world in the present and disagreement of the world in the prehistoric past, the scientific understanding of which depends entirely on the stability of carbon dating which may not be the case in the event of significant shifts in the condition of the earth like a universal flood, for example--which every culture on earth has maintained to have happened. Usinf fossils as gold standard also comes with the problem that fossilization require relative rare circumstances to happen unlike simple decomposition. So, all said and done, you have put someone who is inclined to believe a differing view of unprovable events from the prehistoric past with a boneheaded wrong idea about the present which is readily provable, unless you have a T. Rex or two in the woods behind your house that you aren't telling us about.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I saw that on facebook and was looking at the comments and how ignorant some people are. I truly couldnt believe what I was reading on some of them.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps calling these people stupid. Maybe they had just come from the Creationist Museum. After all they teach that humans and dinosaurs co-exhisted.

Creation_Museum_10.png

Duh, all the dinosaurs died in the flood. This picture was modern.

BTW, I'm a Christian and I can take a joke. I will pray for you to stop being a jerk, though. ;)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Natural selection doesn't play a big enough role anymore

Ding, ding, ding! Winner!:yesway:

Even 150 years ago, people this dumb would simply starve to death. They would be incapable of growing or killing enough food to survive the winter. Today, the McDonalds dollar menu keeps them fat and happy.;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Even 150 years ago, people this dumb would simply starve to death. They would be incapable of growing or killing enough food to survive the winter. Today, the McDonalds dollar menu keeps them fat and happy.;)

And Obama bucks coming in the mail.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville

Nature eliminates the stupid, but the stupid breed faster and now with the event of government, are a protected species. If the stupid are protected by government, the cycle becomes self perpetuating. Re-electing the ones that protect them, living longer and breeding more to vote more...

Remember how dumb the average person is. Now think, half the people out there are dumber than that person...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Exactly. This is my biggest problem with the welfare state, even more so than taking my money and pouring it down rat holes, it that the government taking on the extraconstitutional function of protecting the stupid from themselves directly results in the prevention of the self-liquidation of those who should.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    judging from 2008 and 2012, the country is over 50% fools

In order to break 50% based on that standard, you would have to include the dead folks, small children, foreign nationals, fictional characters, cats, dogs, and horses who voted in both elections in your count.

Top Bottom