The kids never came back to big-city public schools, and now districts face budgetary "Armageddon."

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lawrence county is seeing a decline but it started before the covid crap hit. They’ve already closed some schools. They had an independent school corp spin up and get running this past year that siphoned even more students from the North Lawrence school corp.
    It is all over. The money follows the students. (In public schools). No student, no money…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to need the word "groomed" defined for me in the way it has been used over the past 6 months.
    It's a sleazy way to tie pedophilia to whatever policy you don't like. Just attach a word that elicits guttural contempt and voila!

Why discuss things like adults when you can take the low road, and then start digging it lower?

See also: CRT, racism, Marxism, gun nut, homophobic

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's a sleazy way to tie pedophilia to whatever policy you don't like. Just attach a word that elicits guttural contempt and voila!

Why discuss things like adults when you can take the low road, and then start digging it lower?

You really do not believe that teaching little kids this stuff is “grooming“ them to accept it and normalize this, particularly behind parents backs?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Except for when they are actually grooming kids, which is what is happening and why there is such a large outcry... :rolleyes:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Yes, let’s talk about this like adults. I’d love to hear your justification for it.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    In these democratic controlled big cities I don't think it is about home schooling and more about kids running wild in the streets with no repercussions. These school districts like Chicago will not have any funds cut off as long as the democrats control their budgets.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The fact that there even needs to be a discussion, or that there is any room for debate, on whether or not and what we should be teaching kids about sexuality in grade school tells pretty much every non scum bag on the planet all they need to know about this country.

The United States has become one of the sickest nations on earth. It would be nice if we could shed the parasites for good but I don't see that happening. Somebody else is going to do it for us eventually and that baby will go out with the bathwater.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The fact that there even needs to be a discussion, or that there is any room for debate, on whether or not and what we should be teaching kids about sexuality in grade school tells pretty much every non scum bag on the planet all they need to know about this country.

The United States has become one of the sickest nations on earth. It would be nice if we could shed the parasites for good but I don't see that happening. Somebody else is going to do it for us eventually and that baby will go out with the bathwater.
    I'm not sure that is a fact.

Politicians are telling me we need to, and people are pointing to internet articles stirring up fear, but looking locally, I come to a different conclusion.

Politicians and the internet also tried to scare me into wearing a mask...

I'm going to take my time and try to understand this issue and what's really going on and the full impact. Any source that uses the word "grooming" will not be considered by me.

Ironically, if you really think America is the sickest nation on earth, then you should be in favor of letting in as many refugees as possible - their views on sexuality are far more conservative than your average American.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm going to need the word "groomed" defined for me in the way it has been used over the past 6 months.
    In short: ideologically indoctrinating young, impressionable minds - particularly with respect to gender/sexuality, and particularly in the context of encouraging the children to withhold that indoctrination from their parents.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Politicians are telling me we need to, and people are pointing to internet articles stirring up fear, but looking locally, I come to a different conclusion.

I'm going to take my time and try to understand this issue and what's really going on and the full impact. Any source that uses the word "grooming" will not be considered by me.

Ironically, if you really think America is the sickest nation on earth, then you should be in favor of letting in as many refugees as possible - their views on sexuality are far more conservative than your average American.
    I need know only one thing: what is your view regarding Florida's recently passed Parental Rights in Education bill?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In short: ideologically indoctrinating young, impressionable minds - particularly with respect to gender/sexuality, and particularly in the context of encouraging the children to withhold that indoctrination from their parents.
    I'll accept that definition of the term as it is frequently being used on the right currently.

It strikes me as Newspeak as that was not what "grooming" was defined as before very recent times.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll accept that definition of the term as it is frequently being used on the right currently.

It strikes me as Newspeak as that was not what "grooming" was defined as before very recent times.
    There are several well thought out articles out there that explain why this is an accurate use of the word.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I need know only one thing: what is your view regarding Florida's recently passed Parental Rights in Education bill?
    I really haven't looked at it enough to give an honest answer. On the face of it, it looks very benign and common sense.

in general, I don't like when politicians tell schools what to teach, that's how we ended up with Common Core.

In concept, and in name, it's great; who can argue against parents taking part in their child's education? But the reality is, that right now, everywhere, parents don't take part, don't take interest, and just don't care.

And on most of these hot button issues, parents don't care; surveys shot that. But there is a small but very vocal group pushing this.

I do think both sides have blown this way out of proportion - but isn't that America these days?

Oh, I think teachers are teaching grooming as part of health classes for K-3, but the grooming is combing your hair and brushing your teeth.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

Imagine I said that I was going to disregard all news sources that use the word "war" to describe what is going on in Ukraine right now, and then insisted that there is no Russian invasion happening and no major conflict in Ukraine to be worried about, and asked you to prove otherwise. That would be just plain ridiculous. Whatever else you think about it, there is definitely a war going on in Europe right now, and insisting that we use another word to describe it because war is a scary word with negative connotations is just silly.

Point is, if you say you are going to willfully ignore any news sources that use the correct word to describe a given issue, then it's easy to pretend that the issue doesn't exist.

Many teachers in our country ARE trying to instill perverse sexual ideologies into children who are far too young to have any real notion of what sex even is, and they are openly and publicly speaking about it. Just because they use the internet to do so doesn't make it any less real, and just because people use the appropriate and accurate term for this sort of behavior doesn't make it something you can ignore. If your local school doesn't have any teachers who are doing this sort of thing (or at least not doing it openly) that's great, but if you think that means you shouldn't be concerned about it happening, well, IMHO, that's just like someone saying we shouldn't need to own guns if/until we're already being actively invaded by a foreign power.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

How was grooming defined before, then? Of course it has multiple meanings, just like "gay" can mean "happy" and "queer" can mean "strange"; grooming can mean brushing a horse, or it can mean good hygiene, but as long as I've been alive, AFAIK, it's also had the meaning of an adult manipulating a young child into thinking that certain sexual perversions are perfectly normal, especially when this is being done in secret behind parent's backs. If that isn't what's going on in our schools, then there must be a lot of really convincing actors putting out videos online, who are either pretending to be teachers but aren't, or else are teachers who are just lying about what they try to do to kids.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom