• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's a hellava way to go through life constantly looking for ways to be offended.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    That's a hellava way to go through life constantly looking for ways to be offended.

I don't know. Seems to be pretty effective at pushing an agenda.

There's a Voddie Vaucham quote that I particularly like. It goes something like, "The 11th commandment is thou shalt be nice, and we don't believe the other ten."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I couldn't care one whit less whether there's a gay character in a movie or play or whatever, nor if the actor playing or voicing a character is gay. Don't get behind me, and we won't have a problem.

The reason it's a problem is because if we allow it for something we don't like, there is no ground to stand on when something we do like is opposed. Suppose a (liberal) theater owner prevented the showing of a movie or a play because a character or an actor opposed abortion (and yes, I chose that for my example because I know it's an important topic to you.) It's the owner's choice to do that or not, as you said, but that doesn't mean people won't voice objection to his choices.

Blessings,
    Bill

His theater, his choice.

As awash we are in all sorts of other degenerate trash that passes and entertainment theses days, I gotta wonder why this is a bridge too far for so many.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I couldn't care one whit less whether there's a gay character in a movie or play or whatever, nor if the actor playing or voicing a character is gay. Don't get behind me, and we won't have a problem.

The reason it's a problem is because if we allow it for something we don't like, there is no ground to stand on when something we do like is opposed. Suppose a (liberal) theater owner prevented the showing of a movie or a play because a character or an actor opposed abortion (and yes, I chose that for my example because I know it's an important topic to you.) It's the owner's choice to do that or not, as you said, but that doesn't mean people won't voice objection to his choices.

Blessings,
    Bill

If people want to expose their kids to this sort of stuff and desenstize them towards this behavior, there's theaters that will oblige them...they can have at it. Raise your kids however you want. Personally, I believe Jesus when He said it woud be better for you to have a mill stone tied around your neck and be thrown in the ocean than lead the young ones astray...I'll no longer be a party to it and I commend other folks for taking a stand. Having said that, and here's where I get really cynical, plenty of us "religious people" have become quite comfortable with adultery, out-of-wedlock-sex, promiscuity, divorce, and plenty of other types of sexual immorality being portrayed in a postive light, as a normal and even preferred way of life in our entertainment and even in our daily lives...we'll get used to a couple of homosexuals kissing on TV and/or the movie screen soon enough.

(Disclaimer). I don't care if the actor's homosexual. We're all sinners and I know that any number of my behaviors, on any given day, are repugnant to God. I am no better a person. Probably even this exchange, or my conduct in it anyway, is not pleasing to Him.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brawny Man is now Brawny Woman.

Hilarious that they think this is social justice progress... helping women break the glass ceiling of being associated with housecleaning.

C6ByVqrWcAAQZiF.jpg:small

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom