4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Bring on the meteor.

CwQzreVVYAUTNhb.jpg:small

CwQzreeUsAA_T87.jpg:small

CwQzrecVYAAOT9U.jpg:small

CwQzreYUMAAWlqY.jpg:small

People with way too much time on their hands, and not enough real stuff to worry about.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Forbes Welcome
    A Public University Makes Students Choose Between Their First Amendment Rights And Graduation

...a student can be guilty of “harassment” just because someone else doesn’t think what he said has a “constructive purpose,” is “unacceptable,” or wasn’t really “necessary.”

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Can't read the article without whitelisting on adblock. They can go inhale vigorously on a bag of male members.

Forbes Welcome
    A Public University Makes Students Choose Between Their First Amendment Rights And Graduation

...a student can be guilty of “harassment” just because someone else doesn’t think what he said has a “constructive purpose,” is “unacceptable,” or wasn’t really “necessary.”

Shalashaska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2016
    Indiana
    All this social justice nonsense seems so recent. I don't remember having anything like that in my college days, and I only graduated back in '13. Maybe going to a small, private catholic school had something to do with that. Didn't see much of it at law school either, but they tended to be a more conservative crowd.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    All this social justice nonsense seems so recent. I don't remember having anything like that in my college days, and I only graduated back in '13. Maybe going to a small, private catholic school had something to do with that. Didn't see much of it at law school either, but they tended to be a more conservative crowd.
    I don't remember much of it at all 5-6 years ago. It really has picked up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't remember much of it at all 5-6 years ago. It really has picked up.

Back when I was in high school, over a decade now... they were starting on the "harassment" nonsense. Back then, they said holding the door for girls was sexual harassment, and said we'd be punished for it.

I, being the polite mother****er I am, continued to do so and ignored that bull****.

Just another slow-boil thing. Introduce more and more of this crap until it's normal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember being a senior in college, way back in 1984, when I first heard of "political correctness" being talked about.

We mocked it then, too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back when I was in high school, over a decade now... they were starting on the "harassment" nonsense. Back then, they said holding the door for girls was sexual harassment, and said we'd be punished for it.

I, being the polite mother****er I am, continued to do so and ignored that bull****.

Just another slow-boil thing. Introduce more and more of this crap until it's normal.

In the 70s a woman read me the riot act for holding the door for her. She was "Perfectly Capable of Holding the Door HERSELF!".
    Then, my mother read her the riot act.
    Stuff about that was the way her son was raised, and he will continue to do so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Back in the mid 80s I worked for a defense contractor. The security door to get in had a pretty heavy pull, and could close on its own pretty quickly to ensure it would latch. One day I heard someone behind me and as was my custom, I held the door for her before I knew it was a "her". She scolded me for it. "I can get my own door. After all this IS the 80s."

I thought what a snooty *****! But me being young and her being older, I didn't get too pissy with her. I said something to the effect of, "Sorry, I didn't hold the door for you because you're a woman. I held the door for you because it's impolite to let it slam in someone's face." Now, I would add, "But from now on, I'll look before I hold the door, and if it's you, I'll abide by your wishes let the door flatten that nose." She had a hawk beak.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Several of the "women's lib" folks I knew from my young-adulthood are now either divorced or that "single cat lady". I wonder if that is a coincidence?

I still hold doors. My being polite has nothing to do with their personal beliefs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Several of the "women's lib" folks I knew from my young-adulthood are now either divorced or that "single cat lady". I wonder if that is a coincidence?

I still hold doors. My being polite has nothing to do with their personal beliefs.

Agreed. I still hold doors. It is a courtesy, not an act of condescension. And everyone I've held a door for the last 30 years has thanked me, which is the polite response to a polite action.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In the 70s a woman read me the riot act for holding the door for her. She was "Perfectly Capable of Holding the Door HERSELF!".
    Then, my mother read her the riot act.
    Stuff about that was the way her son was raised, and he will continue to do so.

Mine would not have ever "read someone the riot act" over that. She did, on a couple of occasions when I was growing up, but over more serious things. Today, I'll reply that I don't hold the door "for a lady", but rather for anyone. It is, as stated upthread, good manners. I might or might not add that good manners are sadly, in short supply these days, because:

Agreed. I still hold doors. It is a courtesy, not an act of condescension. And everyone I've held a door for the last 30 years has thanked me, which is the polite response to a polite action.

this^^

The proper response to someone doing you a courtesy is simply to say "Thank you."

How sad that so many people do not seem to have learned this.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom