12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It seems that in such cases, I may counter this with my new preferred greeting for the SJW morons: Go f**k yourself and deal with objective truth.

I think we should just start greeting everyone with the same gender neutral term. My preference would be, "Hey a** hole"

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Maybe the States need to stop allowing money to be sent to the Feds. After all, they can collect the money to fix the roads themselves.
    Remove the Damocles' sword.

Or, you know, quit having huge public schools. Right now education is about 52% of the state budget. 45-48% of that is for pre-K through 12. Tell the state schools that this is what they have to work with as they won't get federal money. Tell them not to borrow. I know that our local school will implode (as it should), but this could be a good purge for the bloated educational industry. If small schools can make it getting a 5k voucher per student, why can't the bloated public schools make do with about 10k per head?

If parents don't like it they can always send their kids to private schools or home school.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    20160518_175323_zpsowwdtbwq.jpg

I stumbled across this last night at the library. It was written by a self described openly gay, pro-choice, gun owning, pro death penalty, liberal feminist.

She is a former president of the Los Angeles chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) and sat on their board at the national level.

She started writing the book after experiencing the group's attempts to stifle free speech and contrarian thought with their ranks.

I'm only 2 chapters in, but so far it lays out the SJW playbook perfectly.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    20160518_175323_zpsowwdtbwq.jpg

I stumbled across this last night at the library. It was written by a self described openly gay, pro-choice, gun owning, pro death penalty, liberal feminist.

She is a former president of the Los Angeles chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) and sat on their board at the national level.

She started writing the book after experiencing the group's attempts to stifle free speech and contrarian thought with their ranks.

I'm only 2 chapters in, but so far it lays out the SJW playbook perfectly.

Good find MC, I'll have to read that....

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good find MC, I'll have to read that....

It was written in 2001, so some of the references and examples are a little dated, but reading through it I could totally see how the techniques and tactics described are playing out in high-profile events today.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I first heard the term "social justice warrior" during the gamer-gate kerfuffle. Even then I had no idea how insane SJWs are. Every time one of these social justice warriors opens its mouth (I'm not going to list the 58 official facebook genders) the sadness I feel for the future of America can't help but be replaced with uncontrolled laughter.

58 genders huh? Strange I did not see my own gender listed... Male.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    58 genders huh? Strange I did not see my own gender listed... Male.

It's (presumably) there, it just has "cis" in front of it: cis male (definition: one whose birth certificate and identified gender are the same- male)

Actually just male or female are options. There are 3 main choices, female, male, and custom. Those 58 genders are the "custom" ones. So technically FB has 60 gender choices.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    And when it backfires

ghfuZje.jpg

Now it all makes sense. No, not solely what "Steph" noticed, though that's part of it.

The reason their articles are so one-sided usually comes down to "confirmation bias".

Admittedly, at first glance, I'm not getting into personalities and what's truly important about a person, but I look and I see 14 copies of "Suzy Soccermommy". You don't get good discussion and opposing viewpoints to consider and improve your product if you pack your discussion forum with clones.

Conflict isn't always comfortable. The reason INGO has mods is that people forget often how to converse and how to disagree without being disagreeable. Our job here, in part, is to give that reminder. The other way to ensure that it happens is to remove the sources of conflict and make the place an echo chamber. It's an interesting balance, allowing for free discussion amongst different people, and celebrating those differences.

Sadly, they seem to have gone the other route.

2009226_o.jpg.gif
    2009226_o.jpg.gif
    2009226_o.jpg.gif
    2009226_o.jpg.gif
    2009226_o.jpg.gif
    2009226_o.jpg.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom