Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have no idea what this headline means... but maybe even Obama is realizing how ridiculous some of these people are.

"What do you want me to do...? Oh... yeah uh.... darn, can't. Congress."

Cg70wqoUcAASQyy.jpg:large

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    She's black?

No, she is claiming that because she is a "white woman" she was an easy target to show blacks they shouldn't protest against whites. Or something like that.

Well, public entities are entitled to reasonable time/place/manner restrictions on free speech. So, she probably wasn't out of line to try to get the reporter to leave that specific location.

The public entity in question allowed students there for their protest, the reporter was a student. Not sure how the reasonable time/place/manner restrictions would apply.

I have no idea what this headline means... but maybe even Obama is realizing how ridiculous some of these people are.

"What do you want me to do...? Oh... yeah uh.... darn, can't. Congress."

Cg70wqoUcAASQyy.jpg:large

Have a link?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wow.

Really, conservatives are going about this all wrong.

Saying that men shouldn't be peeing next to little girls is an appeal to morality. But morality has shifted. The people pushing for gender neutrality believe that ideas about acting or feeling masculine or feminine in males or females are social constructs and for society to force them in a role that conforms to physiology is wrong.

Of course that's nonsense. The loony left isn't eliminating social constructs, as they're claiming, they are simply changing the social constructs to conform to their ideas of masculinity or femininity or wherever in betwixt. They are trying to force their new social constructs on the rest of society and they're mobshaming dissenters who oppose them. And given this new sort of social mob clout that the loony left has, along with a disproportionately loud voice through social media, the insane people are making the sane people sound insane.

So this "perverts peeing next to little girls" defense of sanity doesn't work. Instead of trying to appeal to morality, conservatives should just say, look. This isn't that hard. If you have a penis, use the public toilets designed for people with penises. If you have a vagina, use the public toilets designed for people with vaginas. If, you have a mental disorder that confuses you about the sex organs you were born with, I'm sorry about that, but sex organs aren't a social construct and you need to use the bathroom plumbed for you. If you happen to be someone born with birth defects and were born with neither, well, that's another situation. I guess you can use whichever you like. But that is a very rare case.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow.

Really, conservatives are going about this all wrong.

Saying that men shouldn't be peeing next to little girls is an appeal to morality. But morality has shifted. The people pushing for gender neutrality believe that ideas about acting or feeling masculine or feminine in males or females are social constructs and for society to force them in a role that conforms to physiology is wrong.

Of course that's nonsense. The loony left isn't eliminating social constructs, as they're claiming, they are simply changing the social constructs to conform to their ideas of masculinity or femininity or wherever in betwixt. They are trying to force their new social constructs on the rest of society and they're mobshaming dissenters who oppose them. And given this new sort of social mob clout that the loony left has, along with a disproportionately loud voice through social media, the insane people are making the sane people sound insane.

So this "perverts peeing next to little girls" defense of sanity doesn't work. Instead of trying to appeal to morality, conservatives should just say, look. This isn't that hard. If you have a penis, use the public toilets designed for people with penises. If you have a vagina, use the public toilets designed for people with vaginas. If, you have a mental disorder that confuses you about the sex organs you were born with, I'm sorry about that, but sex organs aren't a social construct and you need to use the bathroom plumbed for you. If you happen to be someone born with birth defects and were born with neither, well, that's another situation. I guess you can use whichever you like. But that is a very rare case.

There's no way for conservatives to go about this the "correct way". This is about more than tearing down assorted constructs. This is a "us" versus "them" situation. For "them", this is about defeating "us" at every level. For others, this is a fashion or fad situation. They want to appear to be on the "right side of history" so they climb on board with reckless abandon now, with each new SJW cause that comes along.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The conservative approach would be to leave it up to the market. Let the places with bathrooms decide how to do it. If people don't like it, they'll shop someplace else.

This is a singularly bad behavior for the law to go anywhere near. Yet, it is an easy fix for the market.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's no way for conservatives to go about this the "correct way". This is about more than tearing down assorted constructs. This is a "us" versus "them" situation. For "them", this is about defeating "us" at every level. For others, this is a fashion or fad situation. They want to appear to be on the "right side of history" so they climb on board with reckless abandon now, with each new SJW cause that comes along.

You're not wrong. Making this about morality plays into their hands though. Our side is trying to one-up them in a fight over traditional morality vs new morality. Take morality out of it. Make it simply about plumbing. Eventually the casual fashionistas will get board with it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're not wrong. Making this about morality plays into their hands though. Our side is trying to one-up them in a fight over traditional morality vs new morality. Take morality out of it. Make it simply about plumbing. Eventually the casual fashionistas will get board with it.

That's not working either...you're just asserting your male privilege.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The conservative approach would be to leave it up to the market. Let the places with bathrooms decide how to do it. If people don't like it, they'll shop someplace else.

This is a singularly bad behavior for the law to go anywhere near. Yet, it is an easy fix for the market.

This is probably true. I think women seeing burly "women" in their bathrooms may shock their sensibilities more than they'll let on publicly. Passing that law in NC is likely for the same reason as the RFRA in Indiana. A failed political calculation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The dirty little secret is, especially in North Carolina's situation, all this hullabaloo is the state over turning local over reach and anti-market law making. The activity surrounding Target's decision is the same sort of free market activity that is used to try to convince places like Kroger that they should ban guns from their stores. The two tend to become muddled together and thought of to be one and the same. But they're not. I would not support the state telling businesses which restroom policies they should have but I'm OK with them doing so on government property.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The dirty little secret is, especially in North Carolina's situation, all this hullabaloo is the state over turning local over reach and anti-market law making. The activity surrounding Target's decision is the same sort of free market activity that is used to try to convince places like Kroger that they should ban guns from their stores. The two tend to become muddled together and thought of to be one and the same. But they're not. I would not support the state telling businesses which restroom policies they should have but I'm OK with them doing so on government property.

Agreed on all points.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess the conclusion is that the only we we can avoid cultural appropriation is to embrace our white privilege.

Done and done.

I shall be by to pick up all your grape soda and super soakers later this week. Oh, and I'll drop off of some unsweetened tea and cricket bats

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom