Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Also, this is an excellent retort to the "wage gap" nonsense...

eRNaj44.jpg

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How's this for progress in the SJW world?

Carl Benjamin (Sargon of Akkad) made a trip to the US for VidCon, met up with Laci Green.

This is a hopeful photo, and it's good to see someone like Green recognize the cancer of radical feminism and make amends.

DDEIuMhW0AQC9kx.jpg:small

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How's this for progress in the SJW world?

Carl Benjamin (Sargon of Akkad) made a trip to the US for VidCon, met up with Laci Green.

This is a hopeful photo, and it's good to see someone like Green recognize the cancer of radical feminism and make amends.

DDEIuMhW0AQC9kx.jpg:small

Well, she's done. Not that she wasn't anyway, but embracing the enemy is going to be rough on her.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, this is what's so ridiculous with "critical theory". Everything is a social construct, especially regarding societal hierarchies and norms. So then social hierarchies and norms are "fluid". Since they are fluid, morally, they can't or shouldn't be enforced through social pressure because social norms are arbitrary. But then when they invent new social hierarchies and norms THAT's somehow socially enforceable. But if the old social constructs are fluid and therefore unenforceable, logically the new ones are too.

So, to circumvent logic, they invented "privilege". For example, "manspreading" is a social no-no now. But transpreading is okay. In the new privilege based hierarchic they've concocted, manspreading is not okay because of the high privilege of the patriarchy. But "transpreading" is okay because trans people, being an oppressed minority, get extra privilege points to make them more equaler. So it's okay for biological males to "transpread" to make room for their junk as long as they don't identify as a man. But men who identify as men, have to sit like they got no junk.

Well, if it's all a social construct then I don't have to abide by their new norms. I can ignore their complex privilege point social justice system. I will sit comfortably because I identify as a neutral normative straight white male who doesn't give a flying **** what new social norms this group of bat**** crazy communist social justice warring lunatics want to be the new normal. I rebelled against pop culture in high school. Its really no different than that. So. You leave me be to do me; I leave you be to do you; we all get along just fine that way.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "I've met many interesting people since I've been [in America] Anita, who say they know you. And they all hate you because you're a dick."

I lol'd.

Always liked Joe Rogan, thought he was pretty cool... now having listened to 4 hours of him talk with Carl, I might be a fan. Definitely not a huge fan of the militant atheism, but he's a relatively smart guy.

Now to dig through past episodes and see what's worth listening to...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Always liked Joe Rogan, thought he was pretty cool... now having listened to 4 hours of him talk with Carl, I might be a fan. Definitely not a huge fan of the militant atheism, but he's a relatively smart guy.

Now to dig through past episodes and see what's worth listening to...

Sargon really did sort of get into a personal bash fest on Snarkeesian, not that she hasn't earned it. But it's kinda hard for him to innocently say he only wants to debate her points, and that he's not harassing, all the while he's calling her a "dick". Rogan reeled him in on that when it started to get out of hand. But yeah. Some pretty interesting stuff. I don't really care for some of the characterizations of conservatives though, for example as "tribalism". I do think it's tribalism to an extent, but the evidence Rogan used to say it's tribalism was mischaracterized. He said that red-staters say that Obama oppressed them. But conservatives don't claim to be oppressed by Obama. The essential complaint distilled from the list of complaints is that Obama far exceeded his political mandate, which is absolutely true, and evidenced by the election of a guy like Donald Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also, more on Rogan, I can stand him depending on who he's interviewing. The Jordan Peterson interview was very good. But more because Jordan Peterson is interesting than because Joe Rogan is. It's not that I dislike Rogan. It's more that I'm disinterested unless he has on an interesting guest to interview.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sargon really did sort of get into a personal bash fest on Snarkeesian, not that she hasn't earned it. But it's kinda hard for him to innocently say he only wants to debate her points, and that he's not harassing, all the while he's calling her a "dick". Rogan reeled him in on that when it started to get out of hand. But yeah. Some pretty interesting stuff. I don't really care for some of the characterizations of conservatives though, for example as "tribalism". I do think it's tribalism to an extent, but the evidence Rogan used to say it's tribalism was mischaracterized. He said that red-staters say that Obama oppressed them. But conservatives don't claim to be oppressed by Obama. The essential complaint distilled from the list of complaints is that Obama far exceeded his political mandate, which is absolutely true, and evidenced by the election of a guy like Donald Trump.

Yeah, Carl admitted he was pretty nervous afterward. I mean, in the past two years... he went from being a nobody... to being on the JRE. That's a huge deal for anyone. He has some faults when it comes to pride stuff, has a little of that "smartest person in the room" air about him that Joe picked up on.

Joe seems like he wants to play as neutral as possible, and avoid fallacious arguments and personal stuff. He did pretty well trying to keep the conversation on-track, and having done hundreds of episodes, I'm sure he's gotten good at it.

The parts just shooting the **** were good. I'm hoping other JRE's are similar to that, just back-and-forth banter and jokes. Love how non-PC he is. Nice of him to go past schedule for a long show.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, Carl admitted he was pretty nervous afterward. I mean, in the past two years... he went from being a nobody... to being on the JRE. That's a huge deal for anyone. He has some faults when it comes to pride stuff, has a little of that "smartest person in the room" air about him that Joe picked up on.

Joe seems like he wants to play as neutral as possible, and avoid fallacious arguments and personal stuff. He did pretty well trying to keep the conversation on-track, and having done hundreds of episodes, I'm sure he's gotten good at it.

The parts just shooting the **** were good. I'm hoping other JRE's are similar to that, just back-and-forth banter and jokes. Love how non-PC he is. Nice of him to go past schedule for a long show.

Sometimes Sargon will just spew out the most brilliant observation. And other times I think, you arrogant prick. You're just mistaking your ego for logic. Maybe it's a British thing to some extent. I don't mean to say all brits, but I think they can come off more arrogant than they mean. There are a number of Brits I've watched that seem that way. But yeah, Sargon does seem act quite pleased with himself sometimes. Those occasional brilliant bit's of observation are worth putting up with the arrogance, overall.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sometimes Sargon will just spew out the most brilliant observation. And other times I think, you arrogant prick. You're just mistaking your ego for logic. Maybe it's a British thing to some extent. I don't mean to say all brits, but I think they can come off more arrogant than they mean. There are a number of Brits I've watched that seem that way. But yeah, Sargon does seem act quite pleased with himself sometimes. Those occasional brilliant bit's of observation are worth putting up with the arrogance, overall.

Actually, the comments in his own subreddit's thread about the interview are pretty spot on. Everyone agrees which parts were cringe, and which parts felt better and more loose.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SargonofAkkad/comments/6jmjbp/sargon_on_the_joe_rogan_experience/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom