Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Clearly, Lockheed Martin needs to recruit more fine WOC (Women of Color) like the ones in this story.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thought this was pretty funny.
    6 strangers rank each other on how they think each would do in an IQ test.
    EVERYONE ranks the Marine last.

And Maria, who was SSSSOOOOO proud of her advanced education... :rofl:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh, that was entertaining. The “hello, phd here. Obviously” bitch was 112. That’s hilarious. Emotional Intelligence? Every reason she used to justify her rankings of others had nothing at all to do with IQ.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Some of the smartest people I have met have been in or are former military.
    And then again, I know a coupel that have problems adding 2+2 with their finger.

My niece's husband was a UAV pilot in the Army and is now doing 5G tower installs for T-Mobile.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Not many if any hospitals doing this stupidity, but I’m thinking my answer would probably be, “you’re going to pay me to go to a lecture where people will spout nonsense for me to ignore? Three days where? Sure, I’ll go.”

Notice I didn’t say I wouldn’t be bringing my earpro along with me. I also didn’t say I’d stay awake through it.
    Nor that I would not eat beans. Lots and lots of beans. Blazing Saddles-level beans.

Conferences like that tend to frown on you bringing your gun. Too, the “threat” there is rarely if ever a life threat to justify the use of one’s firearm.... so one must get creative in forms of self-defense.

Properly fueled, I can probably make a pit bull run for cover. :D

:evilangel:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Advanced degrees involve learning more and more about less and less. Most people with advanced degrees will be pretty intelligent, but there also people with them that are fairly ignorant of the world outside of their degree. I have a sister-in-law that works in IT at a hospital and she has commented that she is surprised at how stupid some of the surgeons come across when you talk to them. They can be very good at cutting up the human body, but not know a darn thing about anything else.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Advanced degrees involve learning more and more about less and less. Most people with advanced degrees will be pretty intelligent, but there also people with them that are fairly ignorant of the world outside of their degree. I have a sister-in-law that works in IT at a hospital and she has commented that she is surprised at how stupid some of the surgeons come across when you talk to them. They can be very good at cutting up the human body, but not know a darn thing about anything else.
    IT people tend to get a good view of a large cross section of people. Back when I did helpdesk for a college, seeing the faculty display their ignorance about technology, and as you talk to them about current events, It was surprising and even disappointing, to see how little people pay attention to things apart from their specialties. The English department was probably the worst in my experience. The Math department was disappointing as well. The vocational department was probably the most well rounded.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But Maria SHOULD be the most intelligent because. . . . . . . . . .FEELiNGS!
    That’s pretty much it. She thought EQ was a real thing, and even most informative on IQ. But most hilariously, the person she rated last had a higher emotional stability than her. But I guess EQ is really a measure of neuroticism, the higher the better. So in that regard she was best.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Being a good student and being intelligent are two vastly different things.

I don't know I agree that most people with advanced degrees will be pretty intelligent, unless you are including around average as pretty.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Being a good student and being intelligent are two vastly different things.

I don't know I agree that most people with advanced degrees will be pretty intelligent, unless you are including around average as pretty.
    I think that as people advance in their education as the curriculum gets more difficult, it tends to act as a filter that weeds out people who are intellectually lazy or just not smart enough to get the harder concepts. There is some correlation with higher IQs with higher education. But it’s nowhere near 1. Some people who may not be as smart may just work harder. Or they had ****** curriculum that emphasized dumb **** like “EQ” instead of really challenging them in their education.

At least Engineering hasn’t been hit that hard with wokeness although it’s happening in some aspects. But an advanced degree in, say, ME usually means the person is either pretty damn smart or works really hard to make up for it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That’s pretty much it. She thought EQ was a real thing, and even most informative on IQ. But most hilariously, the person she rated last had a higher emotional stability than her. But I guess EQ is really a measure of neuroticism, the higher the better. So in that regard she was best.

Another funny thing, the top 4 people were pretty close, I think it was 136 down to 131.
    But there was a drop off for the last 2.

And the look on her face was just priceless.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    dam!
    i literaly recieved threats of great bodily harm for speaking against the crackhead.

i was told i wasn't black because i spoke up about the real reason of floyd's death (not murder)

see...truth and knowledge have no color.
    Don't forget that you aren't black if you didn't vote for Biden!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    @ 12:55 when the results come in...

I don't understand why the one girl (#4) was complaining. She was in the middle. And only a few points different from the top.
    As for her "dyslexia", isn't there ways to deal with that?

#6 girl.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And I've seen so many college people so PROUD of their college experience.
    Which, there's nothing wrong with.
    But, so many seem to think it means they are so much better than everyone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Over my years of working I've helped technical people with very advanced chemical degrees that were having trouble adjusting to the real world of industry. One nice woman, a doctorate, was struggling with producing workable formulas for her employer. After listening to her for a while I told her a story about putting cars together. What she was trying to do was assemble a car from it's basic nuts and bolts while her industrial suppliers were only going to sell her sub assemblies. The trick was to set up her tests using the various sub assemblies focusing on the range in which the materials would be supplied and have an inspection program to watch this.

She was a very smart woman, but her degree was actually keeping her from the solution.

In this world you get what somebody is selling, not what you want. The quicker and more accurately you can make use of what is available is how you move forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom