• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Illinois Board Of Education Proposes Rule Forcing Teachers To Adopt ‘Progressive’ Views

Culturally responsive teachers and leaders are reflective and gain a deeper understanding of themselves and how they impact others … The culturally responsive teacher and leader will: Understand and value the notion that multiple lived experiences exist, that there is not one “correct” way of doing or understanding something, and that what is seen as “correct” is most often based on our lived experiences … Recognize how their identity (race/ethnicity, national emotional ability, socioeconomic class, religion, etc.) affects their perspectives and beliefs about pedagogy and students. …

Critically think about the institutions in which they find themselves, working to reform these institutions whenever and wherever necessary. … Assess how their biases and perceptions affect their teaching practice and how they access tools to mitigate their own behavior (racism, sexism, homophobia, unearned privilege, Eurocentrism) … Know and understand how a system of inequity creates rules regarding student punishment that negatively impacts students of color.

“It further states to address ‘systems of oppression’ a ‘culturally responsive teacher and leader’ will ‘be aware of the effects of power and privilege and the need for social advocacy and social action to better empower diverse students and communities,’” as The Center Square reports.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    [video=youtube_share;rQO8iyGKr3Y]https://youtu.be/rQO8iyGKr3Y[/video]
    Was that actually meant to be a kick-off, or an attempt for an onside kick? If she was going for an onside kick I've seen worse. If it was actually a kick-off...

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Looked like either onside or purposeful squib kick.
    I agree. Maybe to avoid the requirement that she either be required to participate in kickoff coverage and maybe get crushed by a 250 pound, 3rd string linebacker with an attitude, or perform a 90 degree turn and sprint the hell off of the field before things got dangerous.

As a sophomore in high school, the only way that I was ever going to get the playing time required for a varsity letter was to volunteer for special teams, and of these, kickoff coverage was by far the most fun. But I wouldn't recommend it for a smallish female.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I heard Shapiro (or one of the DW guys, I'm not sure which) talking about this the other day, and he made the point that Serena Williams, probably one of if not THE top women tennis players at the time, said she could take any male player outside the top 200 or so. So someone took her up on it, and beat her 6-1. Venus was also there, and he was kinda tired, but he took her in back to back games, impromptu, 6-2.

That's not to say that either of the ladies is not a fantastic tennis player, they're both excellent.... They're just not men. And truthfully, women are not supposed to be men.... they're supposed to be everything we are not, and vice versa. Complementary talents and skills allow for the best person to do the needed jobs. We even see that logic use on a football team of just men. Not everyone looks like a linebacker, and not everyone can be a kicker, for example. They can all DO the various jobs, but some members of the team do better in some positions than others.

Wait, this is the Insane Social Justice thread, I better stop, I think I'm making sense in here. :rules:

Blessings,
    Bill

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I heard Shapiro (or one of the DW guys, I'm not sure which) talking about this the other day, and he made the point that Serena Williams, probably one of if not THE top women tennis players at the time, said she could take any male player outside the top 200 or so. So someone took her up on it, and beat her 6-1. Venus was also there, and he was kinda tired, but he took her in back to back games, impromptu, 6-2.

That's not to say that either of the ladies is not a fantastic tennis player, they're both excellent.... They're just not men. And truthfully, women are not supposed to be men.... they're supposed to be everything we are not, and vice versa. Complementary talents and skills allow for the best person to do the needed jobs. We even see that logic use on a football team of just men. Not everyone looks like a linebacker, and not everyone can be a kicker, for example. They can all DO the various jobs, but some members of the team do better in some positions than others.

Wait, this is the Insane Social Justice thread, I better stop, I think I'm making sense in here. :rules:

Blessings,
    Bill
    REPORTED!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom