Indianapolis
    WNBA Salary Comparison, as percentage of Revenue

NBAWNBA
    lowest salary $ 543,000.00 $ 35,000.00
    highest salary $ 34,682,550.00 $ 107,000.00
    League Revenue $ 7,400,000,000.00 $ 8,400,000.00
    Percent rev. Low0.0073%0.4167%
    percent rev Hi0.4687%1.2738%

Women actually are paid SIGNIFICANTLY more then their male counterparts, as a percentage of what they bring in. On the low end, they take home approx. 57x more of the gross revenue. On the high end, almost 3x more then the men.

If the WNBA were to bring their revenue up to the same as men (sell more advertising, sell more tickets, sell more merchandise, etc...) the highest paid person would clear $94 MILLION / year, and a n00b to the league would still make over $30 MILLION.

I recall reading that the Pacers were subsidizing the Fever. I Googled the amount the NBA pays to the WNBA and only got results about the gender pay inequality. Every liberal news org ran with the story, NY Times, Washington Post, Vice, CNBC. But I never did find any stories about the amount of NBA subsidy that keeps the WNBA alive.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Heck, the Pacers themselves are subsidized by the taxpayers. $110M, if I recall, for the most recent deal. Doesn't include the taxpayers funding the Fieldhouse, or the $50M practice facility.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Heck, the Pacers themselves are subsidized by the taxpayers. $110M, if I recall, for the most recent deal. Doesn't include the taxpayers funding the Fieldhouse, or the $50M practice facility.

That's what makes the Pacer's civic donations like subsidizing the Blue cars so infuriating. We are forced to give them money via the CIB tax every time we eat at a restaurant and then they act all good citizeny when they decide we should have rent by the hour cars. Next we will have the social justice tax to pay the WNBA employees a better wage.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And the magnetic ones can get dirt/sand between it and the car.
    Acts like sandpaper.

I had a magnetic sticker on my truck for years:

Great-Lakes-Sticker__73991.1466302683.500.500.jpg

I think someone stole it, but I defy anyone to she me where it was. Polishing compound or even a clay bar and wax....unless you live in the Mojave, in which case it it will be the only place not sand blasted.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Every conversation that I try to have concerning Trans people always ends with me asking "So, born a boy but then decided to be a girl while physically still a boy? Or, born a boy, but then decided to be a girl and so went through a surgery to physically become a girl? Or, born a girl but then decided to be.............................."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Every conversation that I try to have concerning Trans people always ends with me asking "So, born a boy but then decided to be a girl while physically still a boy? Or, born a boy, but then decided to be a girl and so went through a surgery to physically become a girl? Or, born a girl but then decided to be.............................."

I'm considering a new policy:

o Encounter someone who is pushing this gender nonsense at work: no reaction; gender is irrelevant at work; ignore and continue.
    o Encounter someone who is pushing this gender nonsense outside of work: ignore them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had a magnetic sticker on my truck for years:

Great-Lakes-Sticker__73991.1466302683.500.500.jpg

I think someone stole it, but I defy anyone to she me where it was. Polishing compound or even a clay bar and wax....unless you live in the Mojave, in which case it it will be the only place not sand blasted.

That is one data point,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom