Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If only she had originally been a black man who transitioned to a woman and then realized she was attracted to women after all and then came out as a lesbian.

giphy.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bunch of California bubble-types are trying to get this woman's restaraunt shut down because muh cultural appropriation

Here's one super-long tweet-thread from a single person about it... she just can't let it go... https://twitter.com/doodlyroses/status/1115423545230671872

D3tU_ejUUAEOyCF.jpg:small

Funny, I used to work with a guy from S. Korea that had traveled extensively in China and he pretty much said the opposite - that traditional Chinese food was WAY "heavier" than the Americanized version. We've all heard the jokes about being hungry a half hour after eating Chinese. He told me that "real" Chinese food was so heavy (and fatty and greasy) that you just wanted to sleep after eating it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Funny, I used to work with a guy from S. Korea that had traveled extensively in China and he pretty much said the opposite - that traditional Chinese food was WAY "heavier" than the Americanized version. We've all heard the jokes about being hungry a half hour after eating Chinese. He told me that "real" Chinese food was so heavy (and fatty and greasy) that you just wanted to sleep after eating it.

I wonder if it depends on the region.

MSG, corn starch and fat are staples in Asian cuisine no matter where it's cooked. During my week there, I thought everything was much better than any Americanized Chinese joint. That includes the food that tried to crawl away from me on the table. The chicken feet... yeah... that was their way to test the foreigner. I passed the test, but not my favorite thing.

It's somewhat ironic, GPIA7R, that you said "California bubble-types", because it made me think of those abominations of "cultural appropriations" like California Pizza Kitchen and everything "Asian Fusion".

If this hipster girl wants to take American Chinese food (which isn't Chinese at all; see Jennifer 8. Lee's book "The Search for General Tso") and put her own twist on it, why can't people accept that? You don't like it, don't eat there, but don't tell me I can't eat there!

EDIT: This post reminds me I haven't made Mapo Doufo in years!

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Up-and-comic comic artist that gained popularity recently was just the victim of the outrage mob.

Once he became big... someone dug up an old tweet during the March for Life, wherein he stated he was happy his girlfriend/wife wasn't aborted.

The nerve of this guy, right?

Well, that was enough for the usual crowd to treat him as a pro-life monster.

He stayed quiet, until just now... giving a very weird half-apology... for some reason saying he's a democrat and not a republican... Which, if you read into it, is him acknowledging that the outrage mob is very much "Left".

He remains an unapologetic Christian, however, and doesn't seem to be giving in on that.

Now both sides dislike him.

https://twitter.com/nathanwpyle/status/1115684701069611008

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What happens when a dude shows at at Planned Parenthood dressed as a woman to take a pregnancy test and it comes back positive?

Did you guess that they would inform him that a positive pregnancy test for a man could be an indication that he likely has testicular cancer? If so, you'd be wrong.

No, they did exactly what one might expect, and indulged the fantasy, sticking to their new policy of treating dudes claiming to women just like any other pregnant gal off the street, even after learning that he is in fact, a biological male.

And yes, they did offer the option of having an abortion. Again ... to a man.

[video=youtube_share;2mhly2KmCIU]http://youtu.be/2mhly2KmCIU[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder if it depends on the region.

MSG, corn starch and fat are staples in Asian cuisine no matter where it's cooked. During my week there, I thought everything was much better than any Americanized Chinese joint. That includes the food that tried to crawl away from me on the table. The chicken feet... yeah... that was their way to test the foreigner. I passed the test, but not my favorite thing.

It's somewhat ironic, GPIA7R, that you said "California bubble-types", because it made me think of those abominations of "cultural appropriations" like California Pizza Kitchen and everything "Asian Fusion".

If this hipster girl wants to take American Chinese food (which isn't Chinese at all; see Jennifer 8. Lee's book "The Search for General Tso") and put her own twist on it, why can't people accept that? You don't like it, don't eat there, but don't tell me I can't eat there!

EDIT: This post reminds me I haven't made Mapo Doufo in years!

Everywhere I ate over there, it was bones and gristle. (We were in Shenzhen (sp?) for a week.) Every now and then, I'd spot something that looked vaguely similar to something you'd see here in the states and get a bit of it and...bleh--bones and gristle. The fruit was ok and the beer was fine though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom