D1Y-ge9X0AIXYng.png:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Has the un-personing of Michael Jackson begun?

Drake removes Michael Jackson song “Don’t Matter to Me” from concert setlist

The song’s title may suggest otherwise, but renewed scrutiny over Michael Jackson’s relationships with young boys has led Drake to cease performing his MJ-featuring song “Don’t Matter to Me”.

According to TMZ, Drake has removed the Scorpion track, which features vocals from the pop singer, from the setlist of his ongoing “Assassination Vacation Tour”. During his kick-off concert in Manchester, UK on Sunday night, the Toronto rapper noticeably skipped over the song, which he usually performs towards the end of his set. He has yet to publicly comment on the decision.

In the wake of Leaving Neverland, a harrowing four-hour documentary detailing Jackson’s alleged misconduct with two underage boys, several radio stations have also ceased playing Jackson’s music, while The Simpsons removed an episode featuring the pop singer.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hard to post examples, because he's doing it right now, but Markus Persson (Notch, creator of Minecraft) is ****in' red-pilled.

He's picking fights left-and-right on Twitter right now, throwing some real anger around. Earlier he was bashing the transgender mindset (Women are women), and now he's ripping on the "make them comfortable" live abortion stuff.

He's gotten pretty polarizing over the past few months, moreso than usual. Good on him for dropping truth bombs.

https://twitter.com/notch

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    hi @jack I'd like to report @jack for a hate speech violation

D1Y-ge9X0AIXYng.png:small

Yeah, I get the whole "attack on journalism" angle.

....but seriously, if everyone actually learned to code who they said should learn to code, coding would be a minimum wage job.

Also "opportunity"? Is there an anti-coding education law I'm unaware of? My Dad bought books to learn to code and new books every time a new language was developed...right up until he retired. The price of entry isn't even that high anymore.

Maybe what young people need is a little ambition.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

....but seriously, if everyone actually learned to code who they said should learn to code, coding would be a minimum wage job.

Also "opportunity"? Is there an anti-coding education law I'm unaware of? My Dad bought books to learn to code and new books every time a new language was developed...right up until he retired. The price of entry isn't even that high anymore.

I used to tutor college students in the business department who had to take a required semester in Basic Programming language. Trust me. Not everyone is well suited for it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Today's corporate world is requiring degrees for a lot of jobs that historically did not need them. That makes it harder to just learn something and get a job. Pretty sad actually, because most degrees are pretty worthless for IT professionals.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used to tutor college students in the business department who had to take a required semester in Basic Programming language. Trust me. Not everyone is well suited for it.
    Many of the people doing it are not suited for it. IMO, it is as much talent as skill. Being able to do it and being able to do it efficiently and well are vastly different.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    NPR again this morning :rolleyes:
    They interviewed some Toronto planner about what the carbon neutral future would look like in 2050. Lots of ideas - more concentrated living in cities, smaller houses and apartments in cities, more sharing of tools/appliances/vehicles/furniture in cities, less cars in cities, more trams and buses in cities, more walking places in cities, more streets shut off to cars in cities, higher fees just to drive at all in cities.

Notice a pattern here?
    It's like those of us who don't live in cities don't even exist. Though I'm sure they will still impose their earth-saving limitations on us also.
    Not surprising. We're just flyover country and we need to learn to code.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sweet baby Jesus.

Some "otherkin" hate "furries" because they think that "furries" are "just pretending to be animals" and are therefore "appropriating their culture".

Like militant trans people that hate crossdressers, except these people think they're real animorphs.

D1dEsiQU0AA7yHm.jpg:large

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sweet baby Jesus.

Some "otherkin" hate "furries" because they think that "furries" are "just pretending to be animals" and are therefore "appropriating their culture".

Like militant trans people that hate crossdressers, except these people think they're real animorphs.

Freaks battling freaks - love it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom