• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wow. It's really just a coincidence that all these transgender women keep setting women's records in sports. It must be random luck. There couldn't possibly be any correlation suggesting that trans women have a physical advantage over straight women. I mean. There's no biological differences between sexes anyway. Such complaints must be due to transphobia and sour grapes.

This could be useful to help spike the trend towards lowering standards for elite units so you can have some women SEALS etc. Use some very fit samples of these things that we are supposed to believe are technically female to set the female performance standards for those units. By then XXs should be getting used to being relegated

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rotten Tomatoes is modifying the reviews on Captain Marvel.

Seems like influencing audiences and how they spend money by changing data should be... illegal... or something

I thought in the post-truth era, reality is whatever they say it should be

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This could be useful to help spike the trend towards lowering standards for elite units so you can have some women SEALS etc. Use some very fit samples of these things that we are supposed to believe are technically female to set the female performance standards for those units. By then XXs should be getting used to being relegated
    Plus, we could belittle our enemies when they got their asses handed to them by a bunch of "women". :):

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And instead of having to cut off a breast so as to not interfere with their use of the bow, they could just get only one implant. Bonus

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Rotten Tomatoes is modifying the reviews on Captain Marvel.

Seems like influencing audiences and how they spend money by changing data should be... illegal... or something

D1KvbiRU0AABpl5.jpg:small

D1KvbiSUwAEtvbC.jpg:small

D1PBgCMXgAE18Ld.png:small
    Are there time/data stamps for those images? That might help explain the variance as the ratings fluctuate with the number of ratings submitted.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are there time/data stamps for those images? That might help explain the variance as the ratings fluctuate with the number of ratings submitted.

I picked them up over time. One marker would be the critic reviews. They wouldn't remove any of those.

First two were yesterday from a source I follow on SJW stuff, and the third was from today.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So are they modifying actual reviews, or simply "disappearing" negative reviews as more positive fanboi reviews come in?

Until multiple "somebodys" comes forward to say "hey, I gave it 1 tomato, but when I logged back in a week later I noticed that it was a 5 tomato score." (or however a fresh/perfect score is expressed) I will reserve judgement as to vote tampering.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    So are they modifying actual reviews, or simply "disappearing" negative reviews as more positive fanboi reviews come in?

Until multiple "somebodys" comes forward to say "hey, I gave it 1 tomato, but when I logged back in a week later I noticed that it was a 5 tomato score." (or however a fresh/perfect score is expressed) I will reserve judgement as to vote tampering.

With the way tech companies are working these days... I can believe this.

Facebook, and Youtube are two of the worst. Let's see how long these stay up...

https://www.facebook.com/joshpraycomedy/videos/vb.117219451662751/2128444010572164/?type=2&theater

[video=youtube;_wbT49L8OTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wbT49L8OTI[/video]

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I don't really know much of anything about how these things work, but what are the other explanations for all of the user ratings that disappeared over time? They drop from 58,367 in the first one to 31,495 in the 3rd one. How does that work?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    boy this looks like a riveting Women’s Studies play at the University of Alabama in Huntsville

people are paying to go to these places

college is pointless.

u5ebh1tm3el21.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't really know much of anything about how these things work, but what are the other explanations for all of the user ratings that disappeared over time? They drop from 58,367 in the first one to 31,495 in the 3rd one. How does that work?

I'm sure they were all spam accounts and not legitimate users.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    boy this looks like a riveting Women’s Studies play at the University of Alabama in Huntsville

college is pointless.

u5ebh1tm3el21.jpg

Jesus Christ, we're in so much trouble...

Maybe it's a good thing our own elected leaders are turning anti-Semite. Maybe it will usher in the second coming, the resulting battle, and we can put all this evil behind us.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

college is pointless.

u5ebh1tm3el21.jpg

And these are the same people who will blame the evil patriarchy and intolerance when they find they cannot find a job with their "talents" and attitudes in the real world.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

This is not the first movie where there have been allegations of manipulating the audience score. However, the accusations more often seem to be people claiming to have seen the movie, but who are simply trolling it with negative reviews. I'm thinking that the same thing is going on here.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...tomatoes-audience-score-is-questioned-1121711

Rotten Tomatoes’ separate viewer rating for Gotti has also drawn scrutiny — but for different reasons. While reviewers were giving the movie a big collective thumbs down, visitors to the site were much more positively inclined toward the pic. On Saturday, the site recorded an audience score that stood at 80 percent positive, although as more users have posted ratings, that score now stands at 69 percent — which is still a lot more enthusiastic than the kiss-off the film got from critics.

Currently, the audience score for Gotti, which opened to $1.7 million, reflects responses from 7,003 users. By contrast, Incredibles 2, which opened this past weekend to a huge audience, grossing a record $183 million for an animated film, has attracted a roughly comparable 7,716 user interactions.

Wondering how Gotti, which did far less business than Incredibles 2, could have earned almost as much online attention, Screen Junkies critic Dan Murrell tweeted, “Some party involved with Gotti artificially manipulated the audience scores and now they’re using them as a marketing strategy. The numbers don’t make sense.”

https://screenrant.com/rotten-tomatoes-audience-score-changes-worse/

The audience rating system is even more of a mess. Not only does it use the same flawed score calculation, but there's also no verification that the reviewer has even seen the movie, leaving it open to major abuses. This is blatantly obvious in some cases, such as Revenge of the Sith. In 2010 - 5 years after Revenge of the Sith's theatrical release - 32 million additional votes suddenly appeared in its audience ratings (up from a previous total of less than 200,000), dropping the audience score from 85% down to 64%. That's a clear example of nefarious manipulation, and its not the only time it's happened.

I would say that it's clear that RT tries to weed out inauthentic audience scores, but assuming it's to maintain a social viewpoint....not so much evidence of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom