• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    He starts discussing trying to become a fireman around 2:15...but the whole thing is worth listening to.

[video=youtube;o9lsGNUEd1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9lsGNUEd1U[/video]

Yep-
    In CA it was called "Affirmative Action" and that's how long some of the "White" waits were. Firemen, cops, teachers... all across the board. You could have 120% on a test but it didn't matter because they needed to reach their quota for that area of non-white and women. Their top scores could be in the 60% with way less experience but it didn't matter. They had to be hired first.

Talk about division at work? It was a war and people were pissed. No one to complain to.

This was in the 90s when Hillary was president.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Crimes have very specific definitions. I see a neglect charge for the parents, theoretically, but while disgusting behavior, no other crimes based upon current information.

I never claimed there was a legal basis for my opinion. :) My opinion still stands. Out of curiosity, no regulations regarding a 10 year old working in an adult establishment? No child labor laws, nothing?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Okay. About liking Black Panther, sometimes circumstances line up for other than ideological reasons. It has nothing to do with being white...but I have to say I was disappointed in it. It did not live up to the hype. Though I would say it was more entertaining, I'd rate it about the same as I'd rate DC's Batman vs Superman in terms of my disappointment in it. Probably one of the weaker stand-alone movies in the Marvel movie universe.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay. About liking Black Panther, sometimes circumstances line up for other than ideological reasons. It has nothing to do with being white...but I have to say I was disappointed in it. It did not live up to the hype. Though I would say it was more entertaining, I'd rate it about the same as I'd rate DC's Batman vs Superman in terms of my disappointment in it. Probably one of the weaker stand-alone movies in the Marvel movie universe.

I wasn't that impressed either. I wish I had waited until it was on one of the premium movie channels instead of doing the pay-per-view. Very glad I didn't see it in the theater.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not familiar enough with the nuances of social justice warrioring to know if that actually is satire or not. The real McCoys are so over-the-top pathetic that it's hard to discern SJW role-play vs. SJW-mocking role-play.

Well. She has an article on Quillette. It's reasonably safe to assume it's [STRIKE]hyperbole[/STRIKE] satire. And, the left is starting to hate her as they realize the nonsense isn't serious.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well. She has an article on Quillette. It's reasonably safe to assume it's hyperbole. And, the left is starting to hate her as they realize the nonsense isn't serious.

That's the first time I've read anything there (or heard of Quillette). Does that mean I'm not "woke"?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Transgender Miss Universe contestant Angela Ponce: "Having a vagina does not make me a woman."

VMDOnBD.gif

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I wasn't that impressed either. I wish I had waited until it was on one of the premium movie channels instead of doing the pay-per-view. Very glad I didn't see it in the theater.

But that's the whole point.
    Obviously you two are not black enough or just too white to appreciate this movie. It wasn't made for your eyes to enjoy. That's all.

Oh, and you're racist for even commenting on it. HOW DARE YOU!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

I'm with you on this one. I think the potential is there for a great movie, but I just couldn't get into the story as it was told.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That would be correct; from Spain. Also favored to win Miss Universe, cause you know ... diversity. And overcoming oppression and all.

Oh, well. The contests were dumb and pointless anyways. I mostly remember watching them as a kid because they replaced Dukes of Hazard or the A-Team that night.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, well. The contests were dumb and pointless anyways. I mostly remember watching them as a kid because they replaced Dukes of Hazard or the A-Team that night.

I understand that an arm-wrestling match will now determine the winner. ;) In case of a tie, the "woman" with the largest Adam's apple wins.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

It was entertaining enough, but unless someone comes up with something truly original, I'm about done with the superhero genre' overall.

Bigger fake explosions, more impressive fake technology, longer and louder car chases, more last minute escapes where no one thought they would make it.

Infinity War was just a long commercial for "Captain Marvel", a character so important, so revelatory and so pivotal that while she existed in comics since 1968, she hasn't been in a movie yet and non-nerds never knew existed. I get it- a woman has to save us all because it's the age of #metoo and the fake gender wage gap.

Time to put it all away for a few years until someone has an original idea.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's the first time I've read anything there (or heard of Quillette). Does that mean I'm not "woke"?

Lots of good non-woke articles on Quillette. They focus on publishing sane works. And obviously the occasional satire pieces.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom