• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As a little kid, my grandma made all of her grandkids pig dolls for Christmas one year. There was 6 of us boys and 1 girl. She made us each one and at least 1 extra boy/girl set.

At Christmas that year, there were big brown paper sacks with our names on them under the tree. Of course we all couldn't wait to figure out what was in the bags. One of our uncles kept teasing us saying they were dolls. Of course the last thing young boys want is a doll. Once we discovered they were actually dolls, we were upset and in turn upset our grandma for being the ungrateful brats we were. She had to put a lot of time into those dolls. She died in 2008 and my grandpa just died this year. These pig dolls were the only thing I wanted and would have bid a very substantial amount for them if it came to that. Amazing how much you appreciate something later in life.

The 1 on the right is my original doll. These will be passed on to my daughter and hopefully her children as well.

FE2D6545-DCDF-4106-9C16-B7A00D46107A.jpg

56B6EE04-2891-4E1C-A89E-C2E92A7B1C30.jpg

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    We have a cabin on a lake in Pike County that my Dad built by hand over the course of 10 years or so. He left it to us kids when he passed, and my Mom preceded him by 5 years.

I wouldn't sell it for any amount of money. It will be passed to my kids and my Sister's kids.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    My Grandfather grew up in Washington Country just outside of Salem. When he was young, they had a black laundry girl. She was probably a teenager a few years older than him (he was 10 around this time). She thought so much of him, she saved her money and for his birthday gave him a dog bank. That bank sits in my house, and no amount of money could separate me from it. This was close to 100 years ago.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Ill go with guns
    I got this one and had it engraved with my inheritance from my step father
    627withnill.jpg

20100111_13.jpg

this is me my lovely wife bought for our 10th anniversary. Pistol Dynamics XO bobtail. Custom grips from Wicked Grips when they were doing custom work. Custom serial number.
    PistolDynamicsXO002.jpg

010.jpg

and finally my 50th birthday present. Freedom arms 357 with a 4 inch barrel. My name engraved on the backstrap.
    IMG_3155.jpg

Last edited:

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I have in my gun safe my father-in-laws bayonet from his service in WWII. He was part of the occupation in Japan in 1945, and never used it, but it's still important to me. Going to eventually find a period correct weapon to mount it on and place it on display in the house.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have the 1911 my uncle taught me to shoot handgun with when I was 12. It was his service pistol and he carried it from Korea to the Nam. He gave it to me when he retired as he was afraid his sons would just sell it. It means the world to me. It is safe in my security box at the bank. I get it out a few times a year and take it for a run.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wife bought me a framed and signed photo of all 3 members of my favorite band....Rush! It is also signed and numebered by the photographer Andrew MacNaughtan, who has since passed away. She actually purchased the photo from Mr. MacNaughtan. It is something I'm very proud of, not just for what it is, but for all the trouble my wife went through to get it.

Last edited:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    When my son was born, my mom bought a rocking chair so when she has him over, she can rock him in it. She rocked him until my daughter was born, then she rocked them both in it. That chair is sitting at the Nevada home. I would not take no amount money for it. And I hope my kids won't either!!
    View attachment 30968

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have more than several firearms in this category, but if there can be only one, then this 12 gauge shotgun made by my greatgreatgrandfather made, I am told, sometime just after the Civil War with hand carved checkering.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A number of years ago, right after my dad died, my mom came up to Indiana to stay with us for awhile. One day, after she'd gone home, my wife was straightening up the bedroom where she stayed. She went to empty the garbage when she spotted a piece of graph paper, 1/2 way wadded up, with what turned out to be some sketches on it. My mom had some enviable artistic ability but we never could get her to create anything for us. Well, on that piece of paper, left for trash, were some sketches she had done of our two boys. Obviously, we saved it and will keep it forever.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I have a handmade quilt that my Grandmother made for me as a child. She passed a couple years ago and my Grandfather made sure that I got it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Honestly, there's nothing I own that doesn't have a price tag on it. On the other hand, my wife thinks everything should be saved.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    1546473_10100562515207134_245356388_o.jpg

1609081_10100591065457204_1882995450_o.jpg

My great-grandpa carried the gun while delivering mail on the railroads back in 'the day' he then gave it to my grandpa as a wedding present, grandpa gave it to me.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I am not sentimental by any stretch, but I shed tears when my mom gave me the ceramic Nativity set my Great-grandma had made, and then passed on to my Grandma. It was displayed prominently every Christmas, and became a tradition unto itself.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why? I've never seen the sense of having an emotional attachment to something that you can't take with you when you're dead.
    It's not about being sensible. That's why it's called an emotional attachment as opposed to a rational fondness.

There's nothing in my house that doesn't have a price tag either (that includes my chidlren, big strapping boys, young so you can train them up to your liking, can we start the bidding at $1). I do believe it's all just stuff. But that doesn't mean that some of it doesn't have a very, very, very high price tag.

Top Bottom