• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yeah, that's what I'd ask. Hoosierdoc, your analogy sucks.

nope, it doesn't. It's not me who says they aren't equal, it's the left. We're all raccoons, the example is how the left treats one who falls behind.

We are all wild animals on this earth. We are meant to go out, work for food, care for our family, and reproduce. The left does not encourage the downtrodden to reclaim their glory, they fatten them up on the government teet and keep them to be good little pets, voting for them year after year. The last thing the left wants is indenpdent and functional people. Without a permanent underclass they have no power.

the analogy is spot on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    nope, it doesn't. It's not me who says they aren't equal, it's the left. We're all raccoons, the example is how the left treats one who falls behind.

We are all wild animals on this earth. We are meant to go out, work for food, care for our family, and reproduce. The left does not encourage the downtrodden to reclaim their glory, they fatten them up on the government teet and keep them to be good little pets, voting for them year after year. The last thing the left wants is indenpdent and functional people. Without a permanent underclass they have no power.

the analogy is spot on.

No the analogy is bad. Most people like animals more than they like people. I imagine that if a disheveled animal came up to someone's back door, hungry and looking like death warmed over (like say a Fox or something), most people would help nurse it back to health. A mangy hungry person, doing the same, is most likely going to get an encounter with police.

And since you clarified exactly who you were talking about, how about we simply drop the coded language, and the lower socio-economic status conditions, and say poor blacks outright.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And since you clarified exactly who you were talking about, how about we simply drop the coded language, and the lower socio-economic status conditions, and say poor blacks outright.

Wth are you talking about? I'm speaking of every class of people the left likes to keep on their teet. Black, White, Hispanic, etc.

but yes... The left wants blacks to remain poor and dependent on them, no doubt about that. I find it disgusting that they are treated as an underclass by the left, but they are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wth are you talking about? I'm speaking of every class of people the left likes to keep on their teet. Black, White, Hispanic, etc.

but yes... The left wants blacks to remain poor and dependent on them, no doubt about that. I find it disgusting that they are treated as an underclass by the left, but they are.

And what about the poor that are kept on the "teet" of the right? Ya know, in places like Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, and the like. They too are just as equally dependent, and are solid underclass base with negligible prospects. So what would be the difference if left wing poor people changed to right? Nothing. Right-wing poor people are perpetually poor and are staying that way.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    No the analogy is bad. Most people like animals more than they like people. I imagine that if a disheveled animal came up to someone's back door, hungry and looking like death warmed over (like say a Fox or something), most people would help nurse it back to health. A mangy hungry person, doing the same, is most likely going to get an encounter with police.

Nice try at getting the thread locked because you don't like uncomfortable truths.
    While we're at it with your flagrant bit of race-baiting there, it would be equally easy to ask exactly why you assume that those in the dependency class are synonymous with black people.
    Seems that the last time I checked, there were plenty of people of various shades and hues who have basically become wards of the state.
    Also, there's a huge difference between getting someone back on his feet and turning what was intended to be a safety net into a hammock.
    You know, that whole teaching a man to fish vs. giving a man a fish thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nice try at getting the thread locked because you don't like uncomfortable truths.
    While we're at it with your flagrant bit of race-baiting there, it would be equally easy to ask exactly why you assume that those in the dependency class are synonymous with black people.
    Seems that the last time I checked, there were plenty of people of various shades and hues who have basically become wards of the state.
    Also, there's a huge difference between getting someone back on his feet and turning what was intended to be a safety net into a hammock.
    You know, that whole teaching a man to fish vs. giving a man a fish thing.

BS.... You're either from a lower socioeconomic class, or you're not. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian or Purple. It makes no difference. Is there a need for clarification for poor people? Does the amount on melanin in ones skin make them, through innate genetics, more prone to being poor? If so, there are a lot of people in the South that are "exceptions." You guys see a problem, and automatically go into "minority this" or "minority that," compelling one to believe that one's status as being a member of a minority group must be the reason. This despite millions of Americans, of different backgrounds, suffer from the same faults. Quit pointing fingers, clean your own house first, and pass judgement equally.
    And while I won't go as far as Kirk Freeman, his words about INGO members often have slivers of truth.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    That depends on whether the social behavior of primates serves an evolutionary purpose.

Some think that most, if not all, behaviors have an evolutionary origin. Some behaviors that are exhibited now exist because those behaviors gave an evolutionary advantage in the past, if not today. Only time will tell if behaviors give an advantage today, and will only be evidenced by the individual's ability to reproduce and pass the traits on.

The giraffe doesn't have a long neck so that it can reach the leaves in tall trees. The giraffe has a long neck because it's longer-necked ancestors survived and reproduced more effectively than shorter-necked giraffes.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    BS.... You're either from a lower socioeconomic class, or you're not. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian or Purple. It makes no difference. Is there a need for clarification for poor people? Does the amount on melanin in ones skin make them, through innate genetics, more prone to being poor? If so, there are a lot of people in the South that are "exceptions." You guys see a problem, and automatically go into "minority this" or "minority that," compelling one to believe that one's status as being a member of a minority group must be the reason. This despite millions of Americans, of different backgrounds, suffer from the same faults. Quit pointing fingers, clean your own house first, and pass judgement equally.
    And while I won't go as far as Kirk Freeman, his words about INGO members often have slivers of truth.

Go on and show me exactly where I claimed that black = lesser.
    Better yet, say it to my face.
    Go for it.
    Oh, and you know exactly what you can do with your imaginary "dog whistle," too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Go on and show me exactly where I claimed that black = lesser.
    Better yet, say it to my face.
    Go for it.
    Oh, and you know exactly what you can do with your imaginary "dog whistle," too.

Why do you think this is about you? Not only is your defensiveness misplaced, but so is your belief about what is being explained. And you can dispense with the schoolyard posturing. You're old enough to know better, and smart enough to know that such talk is more likely to get a chuckle than a rise out of me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kut, may a white conservative person discuss poverty without being accused of racism? As I've read this thread, unless I've skimmed over something,t you were the first to introduce race. Doc is just saying that it is as harmful to the individual to remove his incentive to make his own way as it is for animals. Nothing about race in that.

I don't doubt that there are some racists on INGO. How would INGO escape statistics? But not every poverty discussion is a dog whistle. Maybe that ringing you hear is just tinnitus.

Pink, I don't think Kut is being as incendiary as you think. I think he's just oversensitive.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Why do you think this is about you? Not only is your defensiveness misplaced, but so is your belief about what is being explained. And you can dispense with the schoolyard posturing. You're old enough to know better, and smart enough to know that such talk is more likely to get a chuckle than a rise out of me.

*I* am being defensive?
    I wasn't the one who brought race into this little discussion, and it's interesting how you play innocent and ridicule me for taking umbrage at your accusation, even when your words are right there for all to see.
    Oh, and as for the "schoolyard" talk, I'll just say that you wouldn't dare make such comments straight to someone without the veil of anonymity.
    People tend to get more than a little angry at comments that are only slightly less inflammatory than unjustly calling someone a child molester.
    Don't try and claim the high ground here, 'cause you're on quicksand.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, may a white conservative person discuss poverty without being accused of racism? As I've read this thread, unless I've skimmed over something,t you were the first to introduce race. Doc is just saying that it is as harmful to the individual to remove his incentive to make his own way as it is for animals. Nothing about race in that.

I don't doubt that there are some racists on INGO. How would INGO escape statistics? But not every poverty discussion is a dog whistle. Maybe that ringing you hear is just tinnitus.

Pink, I don't think Kut is being as incendiary as you think. I think he's just oversensitive.

Sure, talking about poverty isn't the issue. It should be talked about in order to try and remedy the issue. Poverty has no bearing on political leanings nor ethnic background, and yet it (on INGO), is commonly associated with the left and minorities. As much was said in the OP.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    *I* am being defensive?
    I wasn't the one who brought race into this little discussion, and it's interesting how you play innocent and ridicule me for taking umbrage at your accusation, even when your words are right there for all to see.
    Oh, and as for the "schoolyard" talk, I'll just say that you wouldn't dare make such comments straight to someone without the veil of anonymity.
    People tend to get more than a little angry at comments that are only slightly less inflammatory than unjustly calling someone a child molester.
    Don't try and claim the high ground here, 'cause you're on quicksand.

I have no idea why you're going down this road Old Pink, but you need to be a little less sensitive. And I AM taking the high road with you, because you're toeing the line, and I'm not trying to have you step over it.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Amusing, coming from someone who posts about the bathroom bill enabling child molesters. You don't think that's falsely accusing a wide swath of people?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure, talking about poverty isn't the issue. It should be talked about in order to try and remedy the issue. Poverty has no bearing on political leanings nor ethnic background, and yet it (on INGO), is commonly associated with the left and minorities. As much was said in the OP.
    No one in this thread associated poverty with ethnic background until you did. Poverty has been around since before there was a left or right. And that wasn't even the OP's point. The point was about the left's solution for poverty. We've been distributing more and more of people's wealth for decades and people are still poor. And, more to the point we've created a new social class of check drawers. Social justice warriors have squandered every ounce of whatever moral authority they had on this failed war on poverty. Time to try something different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom