• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    OK, now how about accounting for artificial barriers to entry. The raccoon doesn't need a hunting/foraging license to survive. What is there that we do that does not involve a license, a tax, or some other form of official permission or remittance to any of a number of authorities in order to make our own way?

Wait a minute, you're not actually suggesting liberal policies create problems that they then propose solving with MORE liberal policies/gov are you? :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Of course there are fluctuations for a myriad of reasons and in the very short time in a specific geographical location, population may be a factor.

However, as population grows, the number of jobs grows. It's simply a fact and it makes sense. More consumers, more jobs.

Contraception, mostly. I'd rather take abortion off the table, but we need to cut unintended pregnancy rates first. We have too many people competing for the same slice of the pie, and I think it's morally and practically preferable to try to reduce the number of people fighting for it, rather than try to claw more of the pie away from those who already have it.

Republicans are taking contraception off the table?

O.....................................K

Republican here- I'm not having any more kids. I know this with certainly. Is there a teenager that exists that hasn't heard of contraception?

But I reject the economy as a "zero sum gain" analysis in any event. Less people is not the answer or even a laudable goal. Better educated and prepared people is a good goal. Population shrink would be an economic disaster.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Republicans are taking contraception off the table?

O.....................................K

Republican here- I'm not having any more kids. I know this with certainly. Is there a teenager that exists that hasn't heard of contraception?

But I reject the economy as a "zero sum gain" analysis in any event. Less people is not the answer or even a laudable goal. Better educated and prepared people is a good goal. Population shrink would be an economic disaster.

Which party came up with "abstinence only education?"

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Which party came up with "abstinence only education?"

No party...It was society...

Saving oneself for marriage has been going on a wee bit further back than the mid 19th century when the Republican Party came to be...Now the question begs is when did people think folks needed to be "educated" on something (sex) that is natural as taking a poo...That's funny right there..."Sex Education"...Yes we would never be able to figure it out without the Government "educating" us on it....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The animal will die, because that's the means of population control it has. As more industrious animals, we humans have developed other options, but for whatever reason those are anathema to the Republican Party.

Right....I must have misread that......

I never regret exchanges with anyone and purposely seek out those with whom I disagree....That's how I learn...Echo chambers are dull IMHO....

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    No party...It was society...

Saving oneself for marriage has been going on a wee bit further back than the mid 19th century when the Republican Party came to be...Now the question begs is when did people think folks needed to be "educated" on something (sex) that is natural as taking a poo...That's funny right there..."Sex Education"...Yes we would never be able to figure it out without the Government "educating" us on it....

Considering the infections and unplanned pregnancies that result, I'd say that we're either ignorant or ineffective when it comes to sex. To improve that, we can either seek guidance from someone's religion, or study why we still have these problems, educate people on how to avoid them, measure the results, revise our educational approach, and repeat.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Ah yes, Earth Day. Started off with a breakfast of bacon and sea turtle eggs. For lunch, it was bar-b-qued spotted owl.

Tonight, we're hosting a celebratory cookout over a crackling fire of burning tires. Good times.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Of course there are fluctuations for a myriad of reasons and in the very short time in a specific geographical location, population may be a factor.

However, as population grows, the number of jobs grows. It's simply a fact and it makes sense. More consumers, more jobs.

Declaring it a fact doesn't make it so, and it makes sense as long as you ignore all the times and places it doesn't fit, the inability to explain 20 Years of Japanese recession, etc. But OK, let's pretend there is a correlation. How can you say population doesn't follow jobs? As jobs become scarce, more people put off having children, have fewer, etc?

Which do you suppose tracks with jobs better globally and over long periods of time, population or per capita income and GDP?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Raccoons are a bad example, they can find food anywhere and are about the smartest most adaptable animal around.

Need to find a dumber, lazy and more helpless looking animal, for this story.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Good luck taking a zebra from a strong lion to give it to the weaker lion. They have the good sense to protect what is theirs, unlike humans...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Raccoons are a bad example, they can find food anywhere and are about the smartest most adaptable animal around.

Need to find a dumber, lazy and more helpless looking animal, for this story.

No, a smart and resourceful animal is what a human is. We get beaten down by the world like the coon did, but the liberal wants humans to remain dependent on their savior (government) and never leave the nest again

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When comparing Raccoon's to People the only thing that I thought of was, "I like Raccoons more than I like most People".

THEY ARE WEARING A MASK....c'mon, you know that's bad news.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22146-1379353189-16.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah yes, Earth Day. Started off with a breakfast of bacon and sea turtle eggs. For lunch, it was bar-b-qued spotted owl.

Tonight, we're hosting a celebratory cookout over a crackling fire of burning tires. Good times.

Well, Beijing today:

View attachment 46829

SoCal before the Clean Air Act

View attachment 46830

Maybe some peeps on here believe that the good burghers running the factories creating the pollution were well on the way to controlling the problem without gov't interference. BugI02 believes they were instead perfecting running their industry from their homes in Aspen (or other locales unaffected by their rigorous capitalist principles)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom