• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nah. We don't need to get into a discussion of false equivalency.

What false equivalency? Powell is entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. It just so happens that mine is that the shoe he is throwing at Trump fits his own foot perfectly.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...I'm making an observation about the bureaucracy. We overclassify information...I just don't think banana daquiris represent state secrets...

If rumor has it HRC makes a mean banana daiquiri - so mean, in fact, that foreign interests are willing to pay her $300,000 for one of her "banana daiquiris" - it may not be a "state secret." But, you might just want to "Over-Classify" that information, to prevent (say) nosy Rolling Stone reporters and other pests (under penalty of jail) from tossing that information into embarrassing articles that might make you look bad at inopportune times.

Or, simply burn the blue dress yourself...by corresponding about it on a personal server and wiping it clean when subpoenaed.

But here's the real crux of the issue:

The only problem with that is that emails also have recipients. So any email sent\received will still reside on the servers of those she's communicated with. More evidence is out there, it will surface over time. Right now, it's likely a highly valued piece of data to those who control it.

Yesss. You get it. :yesway: SOMEbody out there has that information. And, it's potentially embarrassing to someone in a position to influence U.S. policy. "They" will have 8 years during which to use that leverage over the President of the United States.

But - some here are still having trouble connecting the dots:

Show me where she put this country at risk by having a confidential document on her iPhone...if there is an important document that she destroyed SOMEONE ELSE still has it, don't they?...

You _are_ proof-reading what you write, aren't you?

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, the director of the FBI reviewed what she did and said that although she is a moron, she did nothing actionable.

And that isn't good enough for you.

The director said all the reasons she should be arrested, and then didn't.
    NO. It's NOT good enough for me.
    I seem to remember there were rules for classified materials, and intent had NO place in how you dealt with it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    But, you might just want to "Over-Classify" that information, to prevent (say) nosy Rolling Stone reporters and other pests (under penalty of jail) from tossing that information into embarrassing articles that might make you look bad at inopportune times.

Rolling Stone would never go against the queen's wishes.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Rolling Stone would never go against the queen's wishes.

Right now? I think you're right.

But after the election? When she's in office, sucking up to corporations, not being "liberal enough" to satisfy Ro-Sto / Wa-Po / NYT...and they want to embarrass her into "acting right?" Possibly.

Guardian / Telegraph / Observer? Any day of the week.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since all the other threads are closed.

Oliver Stone: DNC Hack Was ?Inside Job,? Not Russia - The Daily Beast

I heard on INGO, the mainstream media, and from the FBI that the DNC hack was perpetrated by the Russians.

William Oliver Stone is an American film director, screenwriter, and producer. Stone won an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay as writer of Midnight Express. He also wrote the acclaimed gangster movie Scarface

... Is film director Oliver Stone an authority on geo-political happenings? And is his word on this the word you're going to take with regards to an event of this sort?

I'm finding it very difficult to tell if you're joking here.

https://www.threatconnect.com/blog/does-a-bear-leak-in-the-woods/

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/tracking-russian-hackers-638295

Last edited:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Show me where she put this country at risk by having a confidential document on her iPhone. Just one. Show me.

If you say she destroyed lots of emails, I'll also remind you that the Bush administration did the same thing. Not all information is important to be kept in an ordered state of electrons. Plus, if there is an important document that she destroyed SOMEONE ELSE still has it, don't they?

I think her treatment of emails shows a cavalier attitude toward security. Elitism. But, I don't necessarily think it is criminal for the reasons I described above: overclassification.

Now, I'll kindly apologize if you show me ONE document that is important to national security. And no, I don't think embarrassing memos about Angela Merkel's GERD problems and bad gas is a national secret.

"How Amiri was exposed as a spy is still unclear, especially since he was praised by the Iranian government just a few years ago, but according to Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton his name was mentioned multiple times in emails by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on her private, unsecured email server."

"I’m not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton’s private server, there were conversations among her senior advisers about this gentleman,” Cotton said during an interview on CBS News' Face The Nation Sunday morning."

Oh My: Executed Iranian Nuclear Scientist Was Named in Hillary's Emails - Katie Pavlich

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "How Amiri was exposed as a spy is still unclear, especially since he was praised by the Iranian government just a few years ago, but according to Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton his name was mentioned multiple times in emails by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on her private, unsecured email server."

"I’m not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton’s private server, there were conversations among her senior advisers about this gentleman,” Cotton said during an interview on CBS News' Face The Nation Sunday morning."

Oh My: Executed Iranian Nuclear Scientist Was Named in Hillary's Emails - Katie Pavlich

OK OK that's one..... Although I'm SURE nothing else like that happened...

Besides, he was a Iranian........ or something.......

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, the director of the FBI reviewed what she did and said that although she is a moron, she did nothing actionable.

And that isn't good enough for you.

And here's why, from http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439982/hillary-clinton-e-mail-scandal-fbi-fix-was
    "The committee is especially troubled by the facts that (a) unbeknownst to Congress, the Justice Department gave immunity to a key witness; yet, (b) prosecutors and the FBI indulged that witness’s refusal to answer critical questions. Specifically, Paul Combetta, a technician at Platte River Networks (the Colorado firm retained by the Clintons to handle the private e-mail system), is the person who destroyed Clinton’s e-mails despite the fact that they were under congressional subpoena. Nevertheless, he was permitted to invoke attorney-client privilege — not his own, mind you, but Mrs. Clinton’s – in declining to discuss any instructions he received before (and after) carrying out the mass deletion of tens of thousands of Clinton e-mails, a task for which he used the “BleachBit” program in an effort to ensure that the deleted e-mails would be irretrievably lost."

"There is no doubt that Ms. Mills, who was Secretary Clinton’s chief of staff at the State Department, was up to her eyeballs in the conduct the FBI was investigating — conduct as to which evidence of wrongdoing was so “scant” it took the FBI 42 heavily redacted pages to summarize it. And, as the Wall Street Journal’s editors point out, Mills’s denial to the FBI that she knew of Clinton’s private server during her State Department tenure appears to be contradicted by other evidence in the FBI’s own report, not least: Mills’s explicit discussion of the server in a 2010 e-mail exchange with Huma Abedin, another high-ranking Clinton staffer who later told the FBI she did not know about the server at that time."

"Let’s assume, for fantasy’s sake, that Mills is as pure as the driven snow. That does not change the well-known fact that a private lawyer who has been a government official may not ethically provide legal services in connection with a matter in which the lawyer was involved while working for the government. Nor does it change the even better known fact that the FBI and federal prosecutors, if they are serious about prosecuting a case, do not allow suspects – or even mere witnesses — to sit in on each other’s interviews. Doing so discredits the investigation, making it appear the government is trying to cobble together a story rather than get at the truth."

The 'Fix' most certainly was in

Top Bottom