• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I don't trust Hillary as far as I can trip her, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask: What is the approved method for government employees to dispose of electronics that might contain data? I mean, it's hard to trust the intentions of someone who used a private server and BleachBit but is this possibly normal procedure?

It's part of my DEA responsibilities to (for example) flush expired drugs. We have to document this. If someone wanted to put a spin on that it could be "they flushed a bottle of valium tabs prior to the DEA inspection".

So ... just wondering.... not trusting ;)

At home we shoot holes in our hard drives when we toss out an old computer.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    is this possibly normal procedure?

I don't have any direct knowledge, but based on my work with large organizations, I can't believe this would be considered normal procedure. In my experience, used electronics were to be returned to the support group (generally the IT department) for proper disposal. They would then be able to wipe/destroy hard drives or reassign the hardware as appropriate. I can't imagine that the government would setup a policy of "handle it yourself" for the devices used by people with high clearance levels.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't have any direct knowledge, but based on my work with large organizations, I can't believe this would be considered normal procedure. In my experience, used electronics were to be returned to the support group (generally the IT department) for proper disposal. They would then be able to wipe/destroy hard drives or reassign the hardware as appropriate. I can't imagine that the government would setup a policy of "handle it yourself" for the devices used by people with high clearance levels.

Knowing .gov, there is most certainly a vendor that handles this type of thing and I'm willing to bet the arraignment involves a very lucrative contract funded by tax payers.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Knowing .gov, there is most certainly a vendor that handles this type of thing and I'm willing to bet the arraignment involves a very lucrative contract funded by tax payers.

That would make sense as well. That is basically outsourced IT, which isn't terribly unusual. Either way, "smash or lose" the device is a very unlikely policy.

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    She is either:
    A. The most absolutely incompetent person to ever run for major office OR
    B. She is a felon.

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    The US economy is based on theft of cash from future workers who will pay steep taxes and reduced quality of life while today's super criminals like the Clintons wallow in their ill-gotten gains. While Wall Street creates bubble after bubble like the Amazon hope that one day it will have sufficient profits to justify its hyper bubble value or the Google Vapor Ware or the Facebook trading of the public's private lives and information for cash - all protected by a deeply corrupt Media made up of a handful of ethically vacant propagandists. That bubble, built on the theft of 10 Trillion is cash from children not yet born is going to burst no matter who is in charge. Trump represents a change from the hyper-criminal politicians like Obama, Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, Ryan, McConnell, Boner, and more who have stuffed their pockets full of cash stolen from the future who has yet to receive the bill. If that's the 'economy' you're talking about, then let's get on with it. Trump, like anyone employed in the real world, knows this kind of theft must be stopped. Perhaps he can restore sanity. It is certain the Clinton Bribe Machine so valued by the Media and Corrupt Wall Street Bag Boys will not stop the rape of the American worker for their own profit.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The US economy is based on theft of cash from future workers who will pay steep taxes and reduced quality of life while today's super criminals like the Clintons wallow in their ill-gotten gains. While Wall Street creates bubble after bubble like the Amazon hope that one day it will have sufficient profits to justify its hyper bubble value or the Google Vapor Ware or the Facebook trading of the public's private lives and information for cash - all protected by a deeply corrupt Media made up of a handful of ethically vacant propagandists. That bubble, built on the theft of 10 Trillion is cash from children not yet born is going to burst no matter who is in charge. Trump represents a change from the hyper-criminal politicians like Obama, Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, Ryan, McConnell, Boner, and more who have stuffed their pockets full of cash stolen from the future who has yet to receive the bill. If that's the 'economy' you're talking about, then let's get on with it. Trump, like anyone employed in the real world, knows this kind of theft must be stopped. Perhaps he can restore sanity. It is certain the Clinton Bribe Machine so valued by the Media and Corrupt Wall Street Bag Boys will not stop the rape of the American worker for their own profit.
    You have a point..or two..or three.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Oops... From recent FBI disclosures:

The "Oh S***" Moment: Hillary Wiped Her Server With BleachBit Despite Subpoena

According to the timeline and testimony, they secure wiped the server 3 weeks after receiving a subpoena to preserve them.

March 2, 2015 - NYT releases an article showing that Hillary used a personal email server in violation of State Department rules
    March 4, 2015 – Hillary receives subpoena from House Select Committee on Benghazi instructing her to preserve and deliver all emails from her personal servers
    March 25, 2015 – Undisclosed PRN Staff Member has a conference call with “President Clinton’s Staff”
    March 25 – 31, 2015 – Undisclosed PRN Staff Member has “oh ****” moment and realizes he forgot to wipe Hillary’s email archive from the PRN server back in December…which he promptly does using BleachBit despite later admitting he "was aware of the existence of the preservation request and the fact that it meant he should not disturb Clinton's e-mail data on the PRN server."

7Qf1Wf6.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But I bet Sauron wouldn't want to use it for the same reason she wanted a server she was in total control of (except for the open door it presented to every hacker and inimical state). It might expose data about her behavior to FBI and LE subpoena, which was clearly at the top of her list of concerns

If she was to have total transparency to gov't oversight she would have to remember everything she had lied about, a truly Herculean task in her case

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't trust Hillary as far as I can trip her, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask: What is the approved method for government employees to dispose of electronics that might contain data? I mean, it's hard to trust the intentions of someone who used a private server and BleachBit but is this possibly normal procedure?

It's part of my DEA responsibilities to (for example) flush expired drugs. We have to document this. If someone wanted to put a spin on that it could be "they flushed a bottle of valium tabs prior to the DEA inspection".

So ... just wondering.... not trusting ;)

At home we shoot holes in our hard drives when we toss out an old computer.

I have a pretty good method.
    Take device to work.
    Drop in ladle of liquid steel (2900 deg F)
    Problem solved.
    Problem stays solved.

Top Bottom