• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    AP now breaking: More than half those who met Clinton as Cabinet secretary gave money to Clinton Foundation.

I know I've said this before... but I wonder if this has legs? We're getting into some more serious lying and pay-to-play situations here... can it be proven? Could she be punished?

Well, she is from Illinois... Maybe one of the governors has something to say about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why bother posting how bad Hillary is if you continue to advocate against her rival?

Are you serious with this? What does the ABC story have to do with me, and why are 75% of responses to the articles I post about me? I'm flattered, really... but can we not just discuss this stuff?

It is possible to be both anti-Trump and anti-Hillary. Posting negative stuff about one side shouldn't imply favor for the other. However I do kinda wish the quality of the anti-Trump stuff were better, where "better" = smells less like mythical fish.

I assumed you were more than an RSS feed and your posts implied some sort of statement about them. My apologies.

That's the problem on forums. We read between lines that may not have been intended. I do think it's intended as more than just an RSS feed.

But regardless, I've grown to appreciate the RSS feed aspect. He seems to often hit on stuff I'm interested in that may not have gotten through my noise filter otherwise. I've always assumed G's goal is to post stuff relevant to topics we discuss on INGO. The anti-Trump stuff is relevant. Even if I considered myself a Trump supporter I would not stick my fingers in my ears and pretend it's not out there. Even given a binary choice like Trump/Clinton and hell not freezing over, I'd still want to know if there is any truth to the allegations about Trump, as much as Hillary.

AP now breaking: More than half those who met Clinton as Cabinet secretary gave money to Clinton Foundation.

I know I've said this before... but I wonder if this has legs? We're getting into some more serious lying and pay-to-play situations here... can it be proven? Could she be punished?

My strong suspicion is that it does have legs. But even if it can be proven, she can't be punished. The people who do the punishing are unwilling. They already proved that she broke the law. And then offered BS excuses ("intent") for not indicting her, when others have been indicted for not having intent.

Trump said something about immigration so we need to focus on that.

It's so ridiculously obvious that it could be a hilarious SNL skit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh. I use Bleachbit with my Linux. I had no idea it was nefarious. Then again, I don't have any state secrets in my emails.

If private emails are just about Yoga classes and stuff, I can't imagine anyone caring to have staff personally oversee wiping them with an app like bleachbit. Well, then again, it was Clinton, and maybe there were pictures. So I guess I could see bleach being used.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If private emails are just about Yoga classes and stuff, I can't imagine anyone caring to have staff personally oversee wiping them with an app like bleachbit. Well, then again, it was Clinton, and maybe there were pictures. So I guess I could see bleach being used.

I'm sure she'll skate on this... "We just wanted to make sure that, when we were done with the server, nothing potentially secret was left on there!"

Very well, President Clinton. Moving on.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Don't you know? Maintaining good information security is bad if it keeps the "good guys" from spying on you. It is the same reason that the government sends such mixed signals on encryption all the time.

Encrypt your hard drive? It is good for maintaining business, personal or government information secret when traveling with a laptop. Or you could be a terrorist hiding information.
    Use a VPN service to encrypt communication? It is required by most businesses and government when accessing their systems remotely to prevent spying. It also means that communications are "going dark" and various 3-letter agencies have a harder time watching what you are doing.

Bleachbit, CCleaner and similar tools are good measures to protect your personal data. The technology is value neutral. As in most other cases, it can be used for good or bad.

If this was for her personal system alone, I'd be mildly impressed that she (actually "her people"), used that form of info security. The problem wasn't that Bleachbit was used. The problem was that it was used to wipe government communications that should have been on government systems from the start.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Don't you know? Maintaining good information security is bad if it keeps the "good guys" from spying on you. It is the same reason that the government sends such mixed signals on encryption all the time.

Encrypt your hard drive? It is good for maintaining business, personal or government information secret when traveling with a laptop. Or you could be a terrorist hiding information.
    Use a VPN service to encrypt communication? It is required by most businesses and government when accessing their systems remotely to prevent spying. It also means that communications are "going dark" and various 3-letter agencies have a harder time watching what you are doing.

Bleachbit, CCleaner and similar tools are good measures to protect your personal data. The technology is value neutral. As in most other cases, it can be used for good or bad.

If this was for her personal system alone, I'd be mildly impressed that she (actually "her people"), used that form of info security. The problem wasn't that Bleachbit was used. The problem was that it was used to wipe government communications that should have been on government systems from the start.

i use CCleaner on all my computers......works really good at catching little nasty.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think part of this is a lack of understanding by hilly about the outrage over it. From her perspective, she's doing things that lots of others do in dc through law/lobby firms, the clinton foundation in this case acting as her go between. Sometimes I wonder if all the fuss about the Citizens United decision isn't the dc law/lobby establishment unhappy about the possibility of potential clients bribing leadership directly and the corresponding loss of income.

Government is a pay to play deal on many levels today and not just in dc.

Always follow the money

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Friends with benefits

Cq-1yG0WEAAghta.jpg:large

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter