• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Which of your silly "examples" of something is running for office now, pal?

Which one resigned or was kicked out, pal?

Scott DesJarlais is still in office. Recently re-elected even in 2014. Bob Barr was never removed from office or resigned, he ran for POTUS in 2008. William Janklow was only removed from office after being convicted of killing someone when running a stop sign. Larry Craig did say he was going to resign, but decided not to. He even withdrew his guilty plea even though he was caught in the act then later had the audacity to pay his attorneys from his campaign funds, which is another controversy altogether. Mark Sanford moved up in the world from governor to US representative, which he still holds.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Guys, I apologize for being snarky in the use of the word "pal". I was just responding to a post in which I believe the poster was trying to imply the media isn't in bed with the libs. We can come up with individual examples all day. At the end of that day however anyone who believes the Dems overall don't get a pass compared to the GOP, well, they're not looking close enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Guys, I apologize for being snarky in the use of the word "pal". I was just responding to a post in which I believe the poster was trying to imply the media isn't in bed with the libs. We can come up with individual examples all day. At the end of that day however anyone who believes the Dems overall don't get a pass compared to the GOP, well, they're not looking close enough.

I agrre with this statement. Anyone who doesn't have a problem with a cabinet secretary hiding her official emails from the public is morally corrupt.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

You're still looking at it with rose colored glasses. Anthony Weiner resigned for tweeting a photo of a bulge in his pants to a young woman and having "inappropriate relations" with six women before and after he was married. He resigned. Elliot Spitzer resigned after he was found to have had "financial transactions" with a prostitute. Jesse Jackson Jr tried to buy Obama's vacant senate seat, was convicted and went to federal prison for it. David Wu resigned after being accused of "aggressive and unwanted sexual behavior" by the daughter of one of his friends. Eric Massa resigned after sexual harassment allegations were made by a male staff member and later confessed to the charges. Kwame Kilpatrick is sitting in prison after a huge mess that began with text messages of a sexual nature were exchanged with a female member of his administration. (He's still trying to get out of prison, BTW.)

Both sides get dinged for their stupidity, both sides get a pass for their stupidity. Claiming otherwise is just silly.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Sure both sides get dinged. It is just about the degree of dinging. I maintain the GOP gets the worst of it. If you lived through Watergate you will understand. You couldn't open a newspaper, turn on the radio or TV without being bombarded about it. Considering stunts pulled by the Clintons and Obama, IMO Watergate was child's play. I'm done.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Which one resigned or was kicked out, pal?

...blah, blah, blah...

No one cares. :dunno: Names most have never heard of, turned up in your uber extensive :rolleyes: interweb searching to prove a point you cannot make. None of these "finds" you have dug up are of any influential position. If so, they'd be dealt with accordingly as is the norm.

The norm for you Dems is to ignore blatant lying to the American public and criminal law breaking as if it's just fine.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    No one cares. :dunno: Names most have never heard of, turned up in your uber extensive :rolleyes: interweb searching to prove a point you cannot make. None of these "finds" you have dug up are of any influential position. If so, they'd be dealt with accordingly as is the norm.

The norm for you Dems is to ignore blatant lying to the American public and criminal law breaking as if it's just fine.

Names most have never heard of? You must not pay attention. Keep your blindfold on, you're the perfect kind of pawn that both parties love to abuse.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... You must not pay attention. Keep your blindfold on, you're the perfect kind of pawn that both parties love to abuse.

Says the one defending a documented liar/possible felon who is running for president.

I don't even have to check to make sure my point is well made, you are making it for me.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Says the one defending a documented liar/possible felon who is running for president.

I don't even have to check to make sure my point is well made, you are making it for me.

I'm not defending anyone running for president. Where you got that from is anyone's guess. You must have misread something made blurry by your blindfold.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Huh, so the IG says there was classified material but the political appointee says there wasn't. I just don't know which one to believe.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Huh, so the IG says there was classified material but the political appointee says there wasn't. I just don't know which one to believe.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom