• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    and then there are other prosperous civilizations who have eventually managed without them which raises a question, do we need to defend ourselves from ourselves or criminals?

Gun Control in Other Countries

Funny how such arguments always rest on the same countries, countries that have always had low homicide rates and feature homogeneous societies. Why not compare us to Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, India, etc.? Do you honestly believe that if we banned guns we would resemble Japan instead of Mexico?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm intrigued by the lack of freedoms Japanese have as "we would accept it". Not sure I follow, can you give some examples?

Also, what is your source for the Australian spike in crime

There is no fourth amendment in Japan...As a citizen you are guilty until proven innocent...If the police want to they can bust into your home anytime....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Japan

Oz's crime stats are collected by their Government and the increase in violent crime over the last ten years has been well documented....

http://crimepreventionresearchcente...and-homicide-rates-before-and-after-gun-bans/

I am intrigued by your lack of knowledge on the subject...Good luck in your journey to the truth.....There are sources of news other than "The View" and I hope you continue to educate yourself......

I am intrigued that people say they are intrigued...I am intrigued by Muslims disdain for pork...We live in an intriguing world...All of this talk of being intrigued makes me want to turn on some NPR...I have a sudden desire to hear an inflection in someones voice...

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm intrigued by the lack of freedoms Japanese have as "we would accept it". Not sure I follow, can you give some examples?

Pick up a history book and read about Japan up to WWII, when US occupation forces made them alter their legal code. Right up until then, you could be arrested for "wrong thoughts" and "reeducated" or executed.

If you want modern examples, its been touched on, but Japanese citizens have no authority to deny a search of their person or home.

No Habeas Corpus allows you to be held for weeks with no criminal charges.

No burden of reasonable suspicion to detain and demand ID, question, etc.

Etc. Etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's why I asked why it intrigues him...her? Surely he's not so naive to think Japan has the same freedoms as the US. I thought he was getting more at the other point.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Great read. We carry firearms for practicality. The Indians carried bows and knifes just like cavemen walked around with spears. The ability to defend and provide for ourselves has always been in our DNA. We've just got different tools. Nothing is evil about it.

Top Bottom