• Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Jimenez JA-22 in chrome!

jennings_chrome_007.jpg

Just needs the sights moved to the side, and it'll be GTG.

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    Depends on the application, but my opinion is the original W. German, stamped slide Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. That gun actually won the 1985 armed forces pistol battle, but Beretta got the contract for the 92F because their bid was a few bucks cheaper per gun than the Sig.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Depends on the application, but my opinion is the original W. German, stamped slide Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. That gun actually won the 1985 armed forces pistol battle, but Beretta got the contract for the 92F because their bid was a few bucks cheaper per gun than the Sig.

Just curious if you don't mean the Sig 228? (Which was the "folded metal" slide version of the 229)

-J-

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just curious if you don't mean the Sig 228? (Which was the "folded metal" slide version of the 229)

-J-

It was the 226.

They (the miltary) adopted the 228 a couple of years after the trials for, pilots, investigators, and those with smaller hands. A family friend is currently in the navy as a SEAL and I showed him my folded steel w german 226 and he said that is the exact weapon they are issued. I specifically asked if he was sure that it was not stainless milled like the new ones. He said that they still use the folded steel slide per the original specs.

It's kind of funny. When he shoots a SIG he always decocks it and shoots every shot d/a. I am assuming because the first shot is the most important and he wants to practice that way. We have the greatest military in the world.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    G26 with a G19 length barrel and plus 2 mag extensions...or just a G26 standard config.

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie

-J-

No. I do mean the 226. Originally, the 226 was the folded metal type like you mentioned for the 228 (the P220 was too). They switched the design to the current solid stainless steel slide with nitron finish when the 229 was introduced. The German factory still made the folded version for several years after that, but the U.S. made version was solid stainless.

The 228 was always the folded metal slide. That is because it was "sorta" discontinued when the 229 was introduced. I say "sorta" because they were still made in small batches after that, but mostly for LE/Military contracts. However, some hit the civilian market from time to time.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    All considerations taken?

Glock 17 with Bonded +P's carried 23 +1 and three additional 19 round mags on the other hip.

Makes me warm and fuzzy at least.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Glock has sold, in ≈ 26 years, MORE than 7,000,000 pieces. Which does not include their International sales or LEO / Mil. 1911-types have not even APPROACHED that in OVER 100 years. Again, NOT including any sales to LEO / Mil. Can you say "Best" in Austrian? Contest over. GLOCK: 7-million votes. 1911 and all the rest: < . Sorry, but that is not an opinion.

So? They also managed to sell 794,428 Yugo's too, which is the WORST CAR ever built. Numbers sold doesn't equate to quality.

Top Bottom