The good, the bad and the ugly - auto dealerships.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Used to be a local gas station where the owner was a mechanic. I had him fix a few things for me and never had any issues.

Then he was bought out by the oil company and he took a job at a local dealership as a salesman. I bought both my daughters cars off of him with good results.
    Then the dealership made him the Asst. Service manager. We took the one daughter's car in for a minor problem and a month later, the driver's door window quit working. Half a year later, the 2nd daughter's car had a minor problem to be fixed, and a month later, the driver's door window also quit working. Hmmmm.
    I changed the spark plugs and wires on the 1st daughters car as it was in need of it. 1/2 year later, it started running bad (Note: don't use inexpensive plug wires, get OEM!!!!) Took it to the dealer and the Asst. Service manager announced that a valve was stuck and it needed a $1500+ fix (4 banger). Said I could try some Seafoam in the intake and it might unstick. No luck trying that.
    Then a friend mentioned the spark plug wires could be bad. Took it to an independant mechanic that was recommended to me and he found the bad plug wire immediately. Cost me $100 plus new wires. The mechanic nicely told me not to buy "cheap" wires next time.

There were some other "problems" with strange items needing fixing at this dealership after other items were being serviced. After the plug wire incident, we never foot place in that dealership again.
    It is unfortunate that cars have gotten so complicated that dealers can easily take advantage of unwary customers that trust them.

Top Bottom