• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Due to the Contributor's Covenant, a developer has dropped their project. "This is last SC-Controller release for a while. With all that mess happening around Linux this week, I've decided to move away as far as possible."

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/artic...ion-045-is-out-last-release-for-a-while.12615

Someone's FIRST POST TO GITHUB ALTOGETHER (thus, having made no contribution's to projects whatsoever) is to tell the Systemd project to adopt the Contributor's Covenant CoC.

Looks like the pushing of the CoC in Linux is now pushing activists to have every FOSS project adopt it

Please adopt the Code of Conduct · Issue #10148 · systemd/systemd · GitHub
    Dn3X7mVU0AA4wu9.jpg:large

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Makes you wonder what Google's motivation is in promoting such before a "menial" mid-term election, eh?

Google_Register_To_Vote.png

[video=youtube;k7iPJMCxOZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=k7iPJMCxOZY[/video]

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Due to the Contributor's Covenant, a developer has dropped their project. "This is last SC-Controller release for a while. With all that mess happening around Linux this week, I've decided to move away as far as possible."

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/artic...ion-045-is-out-last-release-for-a-while.12615

Someone's FIRST POST TO GITHUB ALTOGETHER (thus, having made no contribution's to projects whatsoever) is to tell the Systemd project to adopt the Contributor's Covenant CoC.

Looks like the pushing of the CoC in Linux is now pushing activists to have every FOSS project adopt it

Please adopt the Code of Conduct · Issue #10148 · systemd/systemd · GitHub
    Dn3X7mVU0AA4wu9.jpg:large
    I despise the insinuation that because one does not adopt the suggested CoC that one must therefore be against it and thus an evil intolerant person.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nasa...otted-still-silent-opportunity-185138562.html
    NASA’s Mars orbiter just spotted the still-silent Opportunity rover, and things aren’t looking good

It’s now been several months since NASA’s Opportunity rover fell silent. A massive dust storm on Mars shrouded the planet in darkness and cut off Opportunity’s ability to generate solar power. It entered a hibernation state while it waited for the skies to clear, and while the dust storm has long since passed the rover has yet to actually wake back up.

That being said, the bad news is that it’s difficult to tell from the photo just how much debris might still be obscuring Opportunity’s solar panels. Is there just a light sprinkling of dirt which sunlight could penetrate or are they caked with dust to the point that the rover is now effectively dead? We just don’t know. It’s clear from the photo that sunlight is striking the robot, but whether that light is actually getting to the solar panels is still a mystery.

Keep in mind that Opportunity was only intended to last a few months on Mars. It’s since spent well over a decade performing various scientific experiments and observations,

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As far as I know, browsers don't send your phone number.
    If they did, why would they keep asking me?

They have my IP address. Yes.
    I was assuming you had the FB installed; which would do vile and disgusting things with any data it found on the device. (or with the camera, the microphone, the BT...)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was assuming you had the FB installed; which would do vile and disgusting things with any data it found on the device. (or with the camera, the microphone, the BT...)

Well. Apple has a petty rigorous acceptance policy for apps. They surely wouldn’t allow apps that spy on people.

:rofl:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hm, perhaps the story was false?

From Stephen Schmidt at Amazon:

Setting the Record Straight on Bloomberg BusinessWeek’s Erroneous Article

Today, Bloomberg BusinessWeek published a story claiming that AWS was aware of modified hardware or malicious chips in SuperMicro motherboards in Elemental Media’s hardware at the time Amazon acquired Elemental in 2015, and that Amazon was aware of modified hardware or chips in AWS’s China Region.

As we shared with Bloomberg BusinessWeek multiple times over the last couple months, this is untrue. At no time, past or present, have we ever found any issues relating to modified hardware or malicious chips in SuperMicro motherboards in any Elemental or Amazon systems. Nor have we engaged in an investigation with the government.

There are so many inaccuracies in ‎this article as it relates to Amazon that they’re hard to count.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OK, so read the article; it seems plausible, if not a massive feet of engineering.

My only doubt is their claim that a tiny six pin chip contains a powerful enough CPU, memory and networking capability. ...like how does it communicate? SMBus? :dunno:

I not saying it's impossible - there's be an untold number of hacks that were previously thought to be impossible.

Actually, the article says "looks like". Well, this electrical engineer wants the exact chip!

Top Bottom